[Q] Please help me remove Evervolv! :'(

Search This thread

mikenikandrovs

Jan 11, 2014
Hi all!
I have bought a HTC Desire phone over the internet and it seems to work fine but there is a slight problem. I absolutely hate the Evervolv ROM. I am very nooby with the technical terms (meaning I dont even know what flashing means... etc... ) I have spent several hours looking for a way to install a normal android ROM (just the most basic one, so that my home screen looks like the one in the picture of this model - I don't know whether it's gingerbread or jellybean or something else, as I said I don't understand those terms)
So can anyone please help me either to get rid of Evervolv or to install the stock android ROM? :crying:
I would really appreciate your help! :D

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
First of all, saying that you hate the Evervolv rom is quite disrespectful to the developers who have spent lots of time trying (and succeeding) to get 4+ roms running on the desire.

So by the sounds of things, what you want is to flash a sense gingerbread rom? First check to see that youve got a custom recovery installed (you probably will). Turn the phone off, then hold volume down + power to get into hboot. Then wait a few seconds and scroll to RECOVERY using the volume rockers and use power to select it.

Let me know what recovery you have.

SemaiCZE

Sep 24, 2013
Praha
ps.stdin.cz
Hi,
if you want to find factory android images (we call it Stock roms), you can take a look here. They are windows binaries (exe). So you can try this. Or if you want to try some other rom, you can do it wia recovery how Chromium_ said. It's no as hard as it seemes to be :).