[TUT] Recent apps on kindle fire HDX!!!

Search This thread

spaghettiknight

Mar 10, 2011
Maple Grove, MN
First of all you may have to have Play store installed, unless you can find any of the apps I mention in this thread from different sources. UPDATE: I found one of the apps that is need for this tutorial below at 1mobile.com link will be below. For more info on that search around the threads or visit my kindle fire HDX setup thread. It is targeted for the 7" model but you may be able to download these apps from 1mobile.com on the 8.9" or on a 7" that doesn't have play store.

So, first off, I installed a app from play store called recent apps quick button, which basically activates android's recent apps, I havent found another (legal) link to this besides playstore so please share if you do. then I installed a app from play store called Home2 shortcut, here's a link to Home2 shorcut on 1mobile, I haven't confirmed it works on default ROM so let me know your findings! this lets you assign the resent apps quick button to double tapping the home button so now when i double tap the home button it brings me to recent apps. It's really nice since kindles default Rom doesn't have a recent apps button! let me know what you think and if i works for people without a different launcher (I use ADW launcher). post any questions you have in this thread.

Reactions: Epedemic

Epedemic

Apr 4, 2007
Nice work! Screenshots in recent apps does not seem to work though, but it's a start :)

dcoig1

Dec 23, 2013
Does sliding the right side of the screen to the left show the same recent apps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly, but this program he is referring to also allows you to close recent apps by swiping them away. I like to pin this recent apps program to the "W8 taskbar" application which also has a task killer and shortcut to desktop. It makes accessing wifi toggle and reboot/ power off simple to do.

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith
You can use switchr for recent apps. It works and looks good too. Lmt launcher is also working although it fcs. I think fc has to do with root, cause it actually needs root to work properly.

Sent from beneath my invisibility cloak

thewihlygeek

Sep 30, 2013
Antelope
I like being able to delete apps to free up ram witch you can't do with switchr

Yeah you can, it's in the options. You can have so you swipe through open apps, swipe down to kill the currently selected one and even swipe to the upper right corner to kill all.

Though that might be the pay version. I can't remember what's in which version off the top of my head.

spaghettiknight

Mar 10, 2011
Maple Grove, MN
Yeah you can, it's in the options. You can have so you swipe through open apps, swipe down to kill the currently selected one and even swipe to the upper right corner to kill all.

Though that might be the pay version. I can't remember what's in which version off the top of my head.

Also I like how I can have a close all button in the recent apps page using a module from exposed framwork

tmicrd68

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-08-22-05-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-08-22-05-35.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Reactions: Hanzo.Hasashi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all you may have to have Play store installed, unless you can find any of the apps I mention in this thread from different sources. UPDATE: I found one of the apps that is need for this tutorial below at 1mobile.com link will be below. For more info on that search around the threads or visit my kindle fire HDX setup thread. It is targeted for the 7" model but you may be able to download these apps from 1mobile.com on the 8.9" or on a 7" that doesn't have play store.

So, first off, I installed a app from play store called recent apps quick button, which basically activates android's recent apps, I havent found another (legal) link to this besides playstore so please share if you do. then I installed a app from play store called Home2 shortcut, here's a link to Home2 shorcut on 1mobile, I haven't confirmed it works on default ROM so let me know your findings! this lets you assign the resent apps quick button to double tapping the home button so now when i double tap the home button it brings me to recent apps. It's really nice since kindles default Rom doesn't have a recent apps button! let me know what you think and if i works for people without a different launcher (I use ADW launcher). post any questions you have in this thread.
    Here's a cool recent apps app ported from Omni Rom called OmniSnitch
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2637388
    Been using it for a couple hours & it works on my rooted hdx.