[ROM] [4.3] Official VANIR Nightlies [JLS36G]*Linaro*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
attachment.php

Based on AOSP 4.3 with all the most wanted features from AOKP, CM, Slim, and EOS. Mix that with Linaro Global -O3 -fstrict-aliasing, makes for one pretty bad-ass blazing fast experience!

Features
Halo
Pie
Selectable Phone/Phablet/Tablet UI
Beats Audio
Quicksettings customization
Transparency
Battery mods
Clock mods
Signal mods
App bar
Lockscreen customization
Theme engine
Tethering enabled
Init.d, sysctl.conf, and Cron Vanir tweaks
Busybox
Chainfire SuperSU

- To name a couple things

Instructions

1. If coming from any other ROM, do a factory reset and wipe /system

2. Flash Gapps

3. Rock out

If you are already on a Vanir then just flash, Gapps will be automatically restored. Dalvik and cache will be wiped automatically as well.

Donations

If you would like to thank the team for their hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for everyone in settings

Donate Here

Vanir Manta Nightlies

Click Here

Attachments

• IMG_20130919_223949.JPG
    IMG_20130919_223949.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 3,455
Last edited:

Targaeryan

Aug 21, 2013
Finally an official thread!! Been running it since the first nightlies in both my mako and manta!! Thanks brees :cool: :cowboy:

Edit: sorry for quoting the OP :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011
Nice! :) I have been using this for the last few days, it is very good.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

duarian

Jul 19, 2012
So far so good with this, the only thing i've found so far is you can't change the nav bar button colors under Vanir customizations. The slider is there but there is no option to select the color.

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011
So far so good with this, the only thing i've found so far is you can't change the nav bar button colors under Vanir customizations. The slider is there but there is no option to select the color.

Yep, that's true. It is a work in progress. :)

There are a few bugs.

ps
If you want to change nav bar colour hold the tablet in portrait when trying to do it.

Last edited:

b1g.p0ppa

Feb 26, 2011
Roam
Nice. Thanks brees! Been rocking vanir nightlies over a week and still amazed at how fast and customizable it is. Glad to have a thread to talk about it now.

Last edited:

vovuska

Feb 28, 2007
Great ROM with lots of interesting customisations. And very stable for me, running it with Franco's r13 kernel at the moment.
The only problem I have is in Phablet mode I am unable to use right status bar drop down (where toggles are) when sliding down only left status bar expands. I did a full wipe, installed latest nightly and flashed slim aroma gapps. Tried this combination with Purity ROM and no issue there. Anything else I can try? I really want to stay on this Rom.
And also if it is not much to ask, could you kindly add Dark toggle as well please?

Then it will be an ideal 4.3 ROM for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
Not really high. 6.100 points with trinity TX17. Stock kernel is really slow, only 14k in AnTuTu. I got 19.2k with TX17, its ok i think. Not optimized.

vovuska

Feb 28, 2007
Found 2 minor bugs. The bootscreen at some point shows "fire texture" on the right of the main image, once you see it...

And on the default keyboard if you hold "a" button it does not pop up with "@" symbol as it should, or is this a feature? Other keys are fine tho

Just letting you know

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Thanks a lot!

Does this works in Phone mode for you? Also does the side nav bar appears fine in Phone mode? Or nobody is using it anyway? I would prefer nav bar on the side in landscape if it is possible, otherwise I will just use GMT gestures and hide nav bar totally.

And could you tell me what theme are you using please?

Last edited:

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
Great ROM with lots of interesting customisations. And very stable for me, running it with Franco's r13 kernel at the moment.
The only problem I have is in Phablet mode I am unable to use right status bar drop down (where toggles are) when sliding down only left status bar expands. I did a full wipe, installed latest nightly and flashed slim aroma gapps. Tried this combination with Purity ROM and no issue there. Anything else I can try? I really want to stay on this Rom.
And also if it is not much to ask, could you kindly add Dark toggle as well please?

Then it will be an ideal 4.3 ROM for me.

Both pull downs are integrated there is an icon to toggle. It's just using TabletUI interface. You can switch to default in settings. Not a bug.

Bootanimation is also suppose to be like that, flames are erratic like that. ;)

Keyboard issue will be fixed, in the meantime toggle numbers and use that one. Remember this is a nightly.

Reactions: vovuska

duarian

Jul 19, 2012
Looking forward to the upgrades on the kernel :) id love to be able to UV!

Anyway we can add a day of the week option to the clock?

Also widgets appear smaller on the lock screen...is there any way to make them bigger? On AOKP pub they were pretty large in size.

Otherwise 9/21 is running great!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

sttovo

Sep 17, 2012
Cincinnati
This ROM is really growing on me. Great performance!

Does anyone else use the Reddit News Free app? For some reason, after I click through about 10 threads, it FCs on me, SIG11 in the logs. I've come from a clean install, tried default kernel and other kernels, all the same results. Uninstall/reinstall, wipe data, nothing works.

If someone else is using this app, can you let me know if you're getting the FC? I have no problem on any other 4.3 ROMs with this app.

Edit - tried other reddit apps… reddit is fun and reddit sync. All FC after clicking on 10 or so threads. They seem to crash on loading web pages inside the app.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Based on AOSP 4.3 with all the most wanted features from AOKP, CM, Slim, and EOS. Mix that with Linaro Global -O3 -fstrict-aliasing, makes for one pretty bad-ass blazing fast experience!

Features
    Halo
    Pie
    Selectable Phone/Phablet/Tablet UI
    Beats Audio
    Quicksettings customization
    Transparency
    Battery mods
    Clock mods
    Signal mods
    App bar
    Lockscreen customization
    Theme engine
    Tethering enabled
    Init.d, sysctl.conf, and Cron Vanir tweaks
    Busybox
    Chainfire SuperSU

- To name a couple things

Instructions

1. If coming from any other ROM, do a factory reset and wipe /system

2. Flash Gapps

3. Rock out

If you are already on a Vanir then just flash, Gapps will be automatically restored. Dalvik and cache will be wiped automatically as well.

Donations

If you would like to thank the team for their hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for everyone in settings

Donate Here

Vanir Manta Nightlies

Click Here

OP updated to reflect OS upgrade to JLS36G!
    Not really high. 6.100 points with trinity TX17. Stock kernel is really slow, only 14k in AnTuTu. I got 19.2k with TX17, its ok i think. Not optimized.

This will change soon ;)
    The only problem I have is in Phablet mode I am unable to use right status bar drop down (where toggles are) when sliding down only left status bar expands.

Here. :)
    Could you add a screenshot?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

There were some posted a page back