SDHC card doesnt work on hero?

Search This thread

jtmercutio

Apr 3, 2008
bought a 4gb SDHC card... arent these bad boys supposed to work on the hero?? Or, not so much?? lol

jonnythan

Oct 27, 2008
SDHC cards won't work because they're too big and won't fit.

You want a MicroSD or Micro SDHC. These work fine with the Hero, up to the 16GB maximum currently available. Supposed to be compatible with the upcoming 32GB cards as well.

jtmercutio

Apr 3, 2008
sorry about the delayed response. Whenever I plug it into my phone, it says "This card is either blank or using an unsupported filesystem." and gives me the option to format it. then doesnt do anything, let me snap pics, or anything.

Kcarpenter

Nov 24, 2009
Clinton, TN
sorry about the delayed response. Whenever I plug it into my phone, it says "This card is either blank or using an unsupported filesystem." and gives me the option to format it. then doesnt do anything, let me snap pics, or anything.

Gotcha...so at least it fits in the phone lol.
You'll need to put it in a card reader, something other than the phone. At this point the phone won't even mount it to format it from Windows.

Once you have it in a card reader, you can format it, make sure you format it as FAT16.

You MIGHT be able to format it in Recovery from the Format SD option. I assume you will be doing this anyways for Apps2sd.

jonnythan

Oct 27, 2008

You need to format it.

If your phone has trouble formatting it, stick it in your computer and format it there.