Camera Condensation

Search This thread

mcampos7

Jan 29, 2009
The OC
Anyone ever had condensation under the camera glass? Went to take a picture this morning and it looked blurry, upon closer look I noticed condensation under the camera housing. It was fine yesterday, no contact with any moisture, now this.. Also, even if I can get rid of the condensation wouldn't some kind of residue remain? I'd appreciate suggestions on this, I have three kids, two of them under the age of two so I use my camera daily. Help please!

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Anyone ever had condensation under the camera glass? Went to take a picture this morning and it looked blurry, upon closer look I noticed condensation under the camera housing. It was fine yesterday, no contact with any moisture, now this.. Also, even if I can get rid of the condensation wouldn't some kind of residue remain? I'd appreciate suggestions on this, I have three kids, two of them under the age of two so I use my camera daily. Help please!

You don't take your phone into the bathroom while you shower or subject it to very quick temperature changes do you ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Put it in a bag of rice and let it sit there till you dont see the condensation anymore. More than likley if there is condensation behind the camera lense, it is in the whole phone. Drying it out might leave a residue, but probably not noticable.

Reactions: mcampos7

mcampos7

Jan 29, 2009
The OC
You don't take your phone into the bathroom while you shower or subject it to very quick temperature changes do you ?

Negative. Literally sat on my night stand all night. Phone got hot while backing up, wiping and flashing new rom this morning. I wouldn't think hot enough to cause condensation though.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Negative. Literally sat on my night stand all night. Phone got hot while backing up, wiping and flashing new rom this morning. I wouldn't think hot enough to cause condensation though.

No but hot could be another sign of moisture in the phone. Might want to put that puppy in a bag of dry white rice for a little.

Reactions: mcampos7

mcampos7

Jan 29, 2009
The OC
No but hot could be another sign of moisture in the phone. Might want to put that puppy in a bag of dry white rice for a little.

So I set my phone on a cold metal filing cabinet and the condensation went away. Leads me to believe there is moisture in the phone, which makes sense that heat would cause the condensation. Time to get some white rice, brown rice is all I have in the cupboard. Stupid racist moisture. Thanks for the replies, I was getting scared. All is well now, carry on. :laugh:

jpradley

Jul 6, 2010
New York
So I set my phone on a cold metal filing cabinet and the condensation went away. Leads me to believe there is moisture in the phone, which makes sense that heat would cause the condensation. Time to get some white rice, brown rice is all I have in the cupboard. Stupid racist moisture. Thanks for the replies, I was getting scared. All is well now, carry on. :laugh:
Brown rice might absorb moisture too. Or try salt.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Actually rice isn't good for the phone. Rice has a lot of dust which can cause more damage than good.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

Your not suppose to shake it arround or bury the phone in it. Just set it in a big ziplock bag filled with rice. On top of the rice, not covered in it. They also make products for this, i seen one at walmart for 30 bucks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Put it in a bag of rice and let it sit there till you dont see the condensation anymore. More than likley if there is condensation behind the camera lense, it is in the whole phone. Drying it out might leave a residue, but probably not noticable.