[Q] Flash RM-801 with NCS failed

Search This thread

k_basara

Jan 8, 2013
OK, I got an old (used, second handed) RM-801, it's running WP7.8 (8858).

I wanted to flash it back to Tango (8773).

So I downloaded the firmware with data package manager, Started the product support tool, and followed these steps: open product->RM-801->programming->recovery->hold vol+ button and plug USB cable then click retry

But then NCS wont flash the device (it shows the retry dialog again) and my PC pops up a dialog says I have to format the disk before I can use it; and there is such a "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM" mass storage device in my computer.

I'm using NCS 5.2.

What should I do now?

Thanks.

Dev.YoungBoy

Mar 6, 2014
Bærum

So I downloaded the firmware with data package manager, Started the product support tool, and followed these steps: open product->RM-801->programming->recovery->hold vol+ button and plug USB cable then click retry

But then NCS wont flash the device (it shows the retry dialog again) and my PC pops up a dialog says I have to format the disk before I can use it; and there is such a "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM" mass storage device in my computer.

I'm using NCS 5.2.

What should I do now?

Thanks.

Okay, you need Qualcomm CMDA to flash, check my tutorial : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2681591
If that don´t work try Nokia care suite :)

Good luck :)

Reactions: k_basara

k_basara

Jan 8, 2013
Okay, you need Qualcomm CMDA to flash, check my tutorial : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2681591

Thank you for the tutorial!

However seems the NssPro doesn't support flashing the stock firmware? It can only open *.nb files, and I can't find a custom Tango rom (or any WP7.5 based rom).

What should I do now?

================================================
DONE!

I followed the (part of the) instruction of #4 in this thread and my Lumia 800 is now running good old WP7.5!

Thank you! And @kingcartwright!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm using NCS 5.2.

What should I do now?

Thanks.