Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

Search This thread

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Disclaimer:
We are not responsible for any damage or problems caused to your device or yourself by flashing this BETA build.
This is known not to be fully retail quality software and therefore is expected to have bugs and problems

The Team
snargledorf - Kernel/Research/Developer
Giveen - Kernel/Research/Noob/PR/Developer
DJ_Steve - ROM/Kernel/Developer

Info:
Android 4.0.4
Kernel: 2.6.36.3

GPL stuff:
https://github.com/Team-Streak

Working
Code:
Wifi
GApps
Audio
Touchscreen
Superuser
Rotation Sensors
Capacitive buttons
GPU Accleration
GPS
ADB

Not Working
Code:
3G/4G Radios
Camera

If you have a rooted HC on stock partition you can use this .zip for CWR that TheManii put together
http://d-h.st/xn6

DJ_Steve = for all your hardwork in this project, without you, it wouldn't have been done.
Rayman
Cyanogenmod

TO DO
Camera
Radios

13z1xz5.jpg

Last edited:

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
Install guide?

Any install help or instructions?
NVFlash is the only method for now?

Thanks. Can't wait to try this...

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
For now NVFlash is the only way.

Download, unzip, make sure your device is in NVFlash mode and you got the drivers installed, then run "Download - ics b2"

Reactions: matury

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
what platform is betelgeuse?

A quick search tells me it's a toshiba folio 100, which seems to be a 10.1" T2 tab released without HC preloaded. Incidentally it's also ODM'ed by pegatron (which is the same co that ODM'ed the S10)

Is it based off it until it's stable enough to cleanly be seperated into it's own proper branch?

As there's active work on the kernel, wonder if led controlls can be added back in :D

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
what platform is betelgeuse?

A quick search tells me it's a toshiba folio 100, which seems to be a 10.1" T2 tab released without HC preloaded. Incidentally it's also ODM'ed by pegatron (which is the same co that ODM'ed the S10)

Is it based off it until it's stable enough to cleanly be seperated into it's own proper branch?

As there's active work on the kernel, wonder if led controlls can be added back in :D

Its pretty stable and getting more so. The only way to find out is to give it a try ;)

Reactions: matury

brownboyrx

Oct 11, 2009
Port saint Lucie, Fl
I've been using B3 over a couple hours now from B2 and its very stable! Big round of hands to you guys!!!

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Dumb question but I noticed nvflash flashed recovery.img in the process. What recovery image is it? Will CWM5 work with B3 of ICS?

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
I'm likely going to port CWM5.5 to it as long as the partition layout remains the same, but first I have to get CWM5.5 compiling at all for the S7, something about it makes it not work.

It will be for a week or three though, as it's rather low priority as 1) 5.0 works on the stock layout, 2) ICS is still in beta anyway

nomadmnemonic

Sep 16, 2006
Los Angeles
www.azuradesigns.com
great job guys

This is great news and will catapult the S7 past any current tablet as far as software implementation is concerned.

It is sad to see Dell not even trying to offer any technical support for their existing products.

It's great to see Steve back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crhylove

May 6, 2010
Honolulu
www.openairships.com
Seriously. The Dell Streak is an alright piece of kit. Stupid corporations.... Yay Steve and Giveen! Thanks for this! Been running B3 all night/morning. Runs like a champ, few force closes here and there, still a little rough around the edges, but overall still a fantastic ICS experience!

Dec 11, 2011
Sorry if this is dumb but how do I get my WiFi s7 only to show on my Mac in order to root and install this Rom?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for any damage or problems caused to your device or yourself by flashing this BETA build.
    This is known not to be fully retail quality software and therefore is expected to have bugs and problems

The Team
    snargledorf - Kernel/Research/Developer
    Giveen - Kernel/Research/Noob/PR/Developer
    DJ_Steve - ROM/Kernel/Developer

Info:
    Android 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.36.3

GPL stuff:
    https://github.com/Team-Streak

Working
    Code:
    Wifi
    GApps
    Audio
    Touchscreen
    Superuser
    Rotation Sensors
    Capacitive buttons
    GPU Accleration
    GPS
    ADB

Not Working
    Code:
    3G/4G Radios
    Camera

If you have a rooted HC on stock partition you can use this .zip for CWR that TheManii put together
    http://d-h.st/xn6

DJ_Steve = for all your hardwork in this project, without you, it wouldn't have been done.
    Rayman
    Cyanogenmod

TO DO
    Camera
    Radios

13z1xz5.jpg

So I've made a little bit of progress.

Working:
    Wifi (new)
    Internal and external sd cards (new)
    Touchscreen

Broken:
    Bluetooth
    3G? (Not sure since I have a wifi only streak, but I am almost positive it is)
    Locking/sleeping (Still causes the device to reboot)
    Screen rotation

Things to-do (In order of priority):
    1. Fix reboots
    2. Fix bluetooth
    3. Fix screen rotation
    4. Anything else I find

Still not ready to send out test builds because of the reboots. Once I get those squared away I will probably start working with Giveen and Manii on a release ready alpha build.
    snargledorf is the man....
    AyBMSZwCQAA62a-.jpg
    So I'm going to ask the same question as the others have, is the camera issue still being worked on or has that been given up on until Dell releases some development parts? I can handle lag and I'm on wifi only so the 3g/4g radios is no problem but the camera part is a deal killer for me. I use the camera, at least the front one, to talk to my family. Has anyone tried to enlist the help of droidhive? Those guys had ICS on the razor and the bionic working fully before moto released anything. Not trying to get in the way our tell you how to do anything, just looking to find you some help.

Sent from a Hacked, Modded and customized Streak 7

I actually have made some huge progress on the camera HAL. For the longest time we got "cannot connect to camera" and in the logcat I would see "cannot locate camera HAL" but I am no longer seeing this as I work toward camera working.

I actually get camera app up and running but just see a black screen.
    only reason it says betelgeues as device is thats the market id its using as im using a heavily modded device tree based off that one otherwise its custom