[MOD][UPDATE FOR MEA] Camera no sounds (root required) - uploaded

Search This thread

DroidSensei

Dec 11, 2012
If it does not work then I guess you should go deodexed.. You can do that easily with djembeys uploads :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

I tried it, but doesn't work. Could be possible that the Samsung original rom is deodexed?
Thanks a lot!

* Sent from mobile *

beatmag

Jul 18, 2012
I just tried this :(
and now my camera app has gone missing. The shortcut has disappeared.

I am on stock rom + cf autoroot.
Tried replacing the original APK back to the system/app folder but still doesn't come back.

How do I fix this?

Is this hack suppose to work on Stock firmware?

Brendo

Tried replacing the original APK back to the system/app folder but still doesn't come back.

How do I fix this?

Tried a restart?

-----
Sent from my GT-P7310 CM10 using XDA Premium HD app

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012

How do I fix this?

Apparently it does not work on odexed versions... I think I have said that too in the first post

So go back to your backup or install a deodexed rom and read install instructions and so on in the future

beatmag

Jul 18, 2012
Apparently it does not work on odexed versions... I think I have said that too in the first post

So go back to your backup or install a deodexed rom and read install instructions and so on in the future

After alot of stuffing around. I got it working.

Last edited:

beatmag

Jul 18, 2012
The same thing I did for my deodexed system.. But yes good... Then read the instructions next time... As I have said it many times before that there are sound in the app and in the media folder..
I give up.. I am tired of people trying to be smart saying the same as I have been writing in the first post.
Thanks

I had trouble following your first post.
I didn't really need to post the instructions. If you delete it from your quote.
I will happily remove the text.

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
I had trouble following your first post.
I didn't really need to post the instructions. If you delete it from your quote.
I will happily remove the text.

I deleted it... When I get the time I will update the app for newer firmwares and such but don't have the time

Brendo

I figured out how to get fully silent camera on BMF8 odex (have not tried on deodex)

Replace SamsungCamera2.apk in system/app with file from HERE
Rename sounds in system/media/audio/ui
Shutter.ogg -> Shutter.ogg.old
Cam_Start.ogg -> Cam_Start.ogg.old
Cam_Stop.ogg -> Cam_Stop.ogg.old
Restart phone

Let me know if I missed removing a sound somewhere

EDIT:
CWM flashable zips
Remove sounds
Restore sounds

Last edited:

kevlarman

Jun 21, 2011
So you need the modified APK and you need to rename files?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

kevlarman

Jun 21, 2011
Correct

_____
Sent from my GT-i9505 using xda premium

That's so weird. With my Korean made 9505 on MEA firmware, I had no problem using the modded SamsungCamera2.apk without having to rename files in /system/media/audio/ui.

I did the exact same thing with my wife's Made in China 9505 (also MEA FW) and like many people here, the camera wouldn't even launch and I could not reinstall the original camera using the official Samsung APK. I had to re-flash official FW to get the camera back, then re-root (which honestly isn't a big deal).

I wonder what's changed?

EDIT: now that I think of it, my phone has TWRP recovery and the wife's is stock recovery. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Brendo

That's so weird. With my Korean made 9505 on MEA firmware, I had no problem using the modded SamsungCamera2.apk without having to rename files in /system/media/audio/ui.

I did the exact same thing with my wife's Made in China 9505 (also MEA FW) and like many people here, the camera wouldn't even launch and I could not reinstall the original camera using the official Samsung APK. I had to re-flash official FW to get the camera back, then re-root (which honestly isn't a big deal).

I wonder what's changed?

EDIT: now that I think of it, my phone has TWRP recovery and the wife's is stock recovery. I wonder if that makes a difference?
BMF8 is different ;)

Megapaul

Jul 7, 2006

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't forget to hit thanks :)

No need for this anymore. the new firmwares have the setting of disabling all sounds in the settings of the camera. :)

Try at own risk

Hi all.

this is my second creation / mod for removing the in app sounds of the camera. READ ON TO REMOVE ALL SOUNDS.

this is the stock camera app, without focus sound as i have muted those.... i have tested on my own (i have removed the shutter sound prior to this mod... so if that one is there, then change/delete the files as shown here:
    how to remove shutter sound and other sounds not "in app"

Tested and working on ME2 deodexed... please tell me if it works on other firmwares :)

also working on MEA.

Not working on:
    non deodexed roms - use at own risk.. tell me how it goes if you try... :)

installation guide:
    open a file explorer and mount it as system writeable.
    go to system/app and make a backup of SamsungCamera2.apk (just in case)
    copy my SamsungCamera2.apk file to system/app
    reboot and enjoy :)

Download here:
    Download OLD versions
    MEA Version

tell me how it works and if there are any errors :) i can only say that it works on mine so far :)
    thank me if you like this mod :)
    I use Tasker to set the phone to vibrate or silent mode when the camera app is active. Works like a charm, and I don't have to mess with custom software. I wouldn't even have to be rooted, if I weren't already. :p
    I'm on a bell i9505 and it crashes on me after 3 seconds of use

Unfortunately I screwed up and my backup of my stock aPk was unsuccessful
    Can someone please give me the stock aPk for the camera or tell me how I'd go about fixing my camera app

Couple of options...flash your rom again (extreme!) or just replace the modded apk with original apk. Some roms include updated camera software (not sure if there has been an update, but you never know) so best to get apk from the same rom version you are currently running

Also, need to make sure rom is deodexed (you could try deleting the associated odex file and see if crash stops)
    updated the original post... that it is only working on deodexed roms.. please let me know if it works on others :)
    Works with no problems on my part :)

Sent from my Omega GT-19505