Nvidia Tegra 7 P1640 OTA 2.4 Now Live

Search This thread

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Hi all just a heads up OTA 2.4 is now live.

Contains fixed again for the Following

SD-Card Fixed
GPS Performance Improvements
Missing Softbar and NavBar's (Experience this myself!)
Netflix HD support (Thanks damianiw for pointing this out)
Some Misc Fixes too.

I have also asked Nvidia about a ETA for a OTA for 4.4.3 as well still waiting on a response for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: x-dira and potalifs

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
External sdcard problem is fixed? For real? (I doubt it)

Well thats what it said in the Changelog notes, Just reinstalling all my apps so will be able to test this in a bit.

Other then that the Nav and Softbars issue seems to be solved.

A OTA is better then no OTA, just remember if your rooted you'll lose the root and will need to reflash it back.

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
I'm aware of the problem of root. That's not a big deal as opposed to my sdcard being messed with big time. Hence, I'm still sticking with 4.3. That and app ops. Otherwise, I'm good to go.

4.3 is a Good build, but i am on 4.4.2-2.4 which other then the SD-Card which was fixed with a simple flashing of the SD-Card fix originally and the Soft/NavBar issue has been great. Even the Battery life is getting better each time i charge the Tablet up.

Just can not wait for the 4.4.3 OTA to release just to see what improvement there are for it.

But each to their own. i am just letting everyone on 4.4.2-2.3 that 2.4 OTA is out.

Edit: Now back to my Ubuntu Nvidia Development Virtual Machine!!

potalifs

Mar 21, 2014
Montenero di Bisaccia
Can I install this update trough cwm? Or I must reinstall stock recovery?

Inviato dal mio TegraNote-P1640 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

I solved, for people who have cwm, first reinstall stock 2.3 recovery, second update and after you are able to reinstall cwm and flash root

Inviato dal mio TegraNote-P1640 utilizzando Tapatalk

caribe

Aug 27, 2005
nigeria
Pls I need links to the 4.42_2.3 recovery I keep getting error on during installation in stock recovery

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Only stock recovery can flas a OTA, So unless some on catches the OTA then converts it to CWM, its flash the stock recovery again

tystar

Oct 11, 2009
Installed, moved real racing over to sd card. Took seconds and ran no issues. Looks like the sd card fix is fixed wooohoooo

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Yep they have fixed the issue with the sdcard. Tablet is working like a dream.

Andrew_j

Nov 25, 2005
Tried few games still same problem occurs. Also none of file explorers (es3, total commander, solid explorer) are able to move or delete files from SD card.

Does it work for you?

Wysłane z mojego TegraNote-P1640 przy użyciu Tapatalka

caribe

Aug 27, 2005
nigeria
Can anybody help me or direct me to where I can get recovery 2.3 image I need only the image pls,help me upload it somewhere I know its just 8 mb in need of it badly

tystar

Oct 11, 2009
Tried few games still same problem occurs. Also none of file explorers (es3, total commander, solid explorer) are able to move or delete files from SD card.

Does it work for you?

Only tried 1 game which worked a treat. Used AppMgr III to move everything off the tablet to SD card which has worked now reinstalling apps I had to remove due to lack off space before I try some more.

Andrew_j

Nov 25, 2005
Only tried 1 game which worked a treat. Used AppMgr III to move everything off the tablet to SD card which has worked now reinstalling apps I had to remove due to lack off space before I try some more.

If you could please check file managers and moving / deleting files .

tystar

Oct 11, 2009
Moving files so far has been fine. Don't use file manager's for moving apps though

asratxda

Jun 10, 2012
Mumbai

SD-Card Fixed
Some Misc Fixes too.

I have also asked Nvidia about a ETA for a OTA for 4.4.3 as well still waiting on a response for that.

Thank you for letting us know. :)
You have mentioned about the problem of Nav bar/soft keys. What was the problem, I never experienced any problem with nav bar/soft keys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SD-Card Fixed
    Netflix HD support (Thanks damianiw for pointing this out)
    Some Misc Fixes too.

Can anybody help me or direct me to where I can get recovery 2.3 image I need only the image pls,help me upload it somewhere I know its just 8 mb in need of it badly

An XDA developer, Tomsgt has it hosted here.

Tomsgt has an extremely handy super tool which he has updated to 2.4 in the last several hours to include the latest OTA. This tool also includes quick and easy options to flash/push stock or cwm recovery, stock 4.4.2-2.4, su, etc. Check it out and thank him here