Did you stay stock or root?

Search This thread

Mftek1

Sep 26, 2010
Sylmar
Just curious to see:

How many people actually stayed stock vs
How many people actually rooted/flashed roms and actually stayed rooted

I havent seen a tread like this, and I thought it would be pretty cool to see what everyone else has done ^.^

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

eurohomie

Oct 19, 2011
Houston
Rooted with deodexed rom.
So far I've enabled wallet (which I use all the time), unlimited multi windows(use all the time), changed my status bar up, bootanimation and sound, and spen sounds...

Reactions: Mftek1

Mftek1

Sep 26, 2010
Sylmar
My previous note 2 I rooted it, installed and tried different roms and a couple tweaks here and there.
This note 2 that I recently got from my wife is bone stock, im actually enjoying it lol..

ProximaC

Oct 27, 2009
Tacoma
Stock for now. I paid full price for it, so I probably won't root while it's under warranty. My main reason for rooting has always been to disable bloatware, which is now built into JB anyway.

slim1991

Apr 24, 2012
I have root on note 2 at first I didnt see no reason to root but I took off bloat apps and then my phone started to act up for a few weeks when I rooted and all the apps would load super slow so I used triangle away and now everything is back to normal stock rom cant really find a good rom to flash

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

premiatul

Sep 25, 2010
Rooted, stock deodexed with TWRP recovery, various tweaks and changes, debloated. Love my Note 2.

Mftek1

Sep 26, 2010
Sylmar
I have root on note 2 at first I didnt see no reason to root but I took off bloat apps and then my phone started to act up for a few weeks when I rooted and all the apps would load super slow so I used triangle away and now everything is back to normal stock rom cant really find a good rom to flash

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Jedimaster 9 and jedi xx are great roms that also seem to be very popular!

inconceeeivable

Dec 11, 2010
Stock, and will stay that way until this nasty IMEI business is settled with some certainty.

The phone is a beast, even with the extra crap loaded from T-Mobile. Just wish stupid My Account and Zynga games would stop re-enabling themselves. That's truly infuriating.

Mftek1

Sep 26, 2010
Sylmar
Stock, and will stay that way until this nasty IMEI business is settled with some certainty.

The phone is a beast, even with the extra crap loaded from T-Mobile. Just wish stupid My Account and Zynga games would stop re-enabling themselves. That's truly infuriating.

Same reason for me.. lol
I noticed the samething and I was like wth... lol.. everything else seems to stay uninstalled

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im stock. I havent came across a reason for me to root or install a rom.
    Just curious to see:

How many people actually stayed stock vs
    How many people actually rooted/flashed roms and actually stayed rooted

I havent seen a tread like this, and I thought it would be pretty cool to see what everyone else has done ^.^

I rooted mine the first minute I had it home. For several reason...

1. I like to use my device as a "Linux learning tool"
    2. I think it is morally wrong to sell a computer to somebody and tell them what they can't do with it
    3. customization

flashed a ROM? that didn't happen until after about a month or so when the UVL4 update dropped or whatever for t-mo. continued to play around with it.

i don't think anybody should have an android device and NOT be rooted. just doesn't make sense not to. saved backups, tipping off the "performance cup" of your device. getting updates as you choose, not as they are force upon you. removing spyware from your device.

there is no reason to NOT root.
    Stock. Too beast of a phone for custom ROMs to be a necessity.

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app
    First off I must say I absolutely love my Note it took years to find the perfect phone and now I have it :)

Second I had been so happy with it I had absolutely no plans on rooting or roms etc. its that good stock.

Coming from my SG2 I did miss my free tethering so I decided I would go ahead and root and leave it at that.........well that didnt stay because I just like to tinker too much :p

I have installed Jedi XX and all I can saw is WOW! just when you think it cant get any faster its blazing and even my data speeds have improved!

+1. JediX-X is the bomb! Rooted my N2 the day after I got it. :D

Do u recommend jedi xx?

Definitely! Really great rom. JediX if you want multi window or Jedi Master if you need wifi calling.

Sent from my Note 2 via Tapatalk!
    Rooted with deodexed rom.
    So far I've enabled wallet (which I use all the time), unlimited multi windows(use all the time), changed my status bar up, bootanimation and sound, and spen sounds...