[ROM][4.2.2][NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One XL

Search This thread

specter491

Dec 3, 2010
Pembroke Pines
Just sharing my battery stats. 3 hours of screen on time! Also, anyone know why Google services is near the top? Thanks!

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361677147768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361677147768.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 466
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361677164938.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361677164938.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 472
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361677177739.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361677177739.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 464

metal1f3

Dec 28, 2010
Arkansas
Still there but not near as bad as it used to be, I actually don't even think I would notice it now if I didn't look for it.

sent from my one x cm10

I just got my one x two days ago and installed cm10.1 immediately. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, and I'm not reading this entire thread, but if you go to developer options and tick "Disable HW Overlay" and "Force 4x MSAA" the screen tear is almost nonexistent. Note that the changes will not stick and the options must be re ticked after every boot.

wannabegt4

Jul 1, 2008
If we install a camera apk with photosphere does it play nice with all of the camera work y'all have done? Or are you modifying the camera app itself to work on our device?
I installed photosphere tonight and it seems to work just as well as the stock camera app... Unfortunately, it didn't fix the bugs but, as far as I can tell, it didn't introduce any new ones either.

waktasz

Mar 12, 2011
I get pretty terrible battery life on this ROM. I was used to getting at least 13 hours on CM10 but now I'm getting like 10. Anything I can do? The phone actually seems to go into deep sleep and have less time awake on 10.1 compared to 10, but it chews through battery.

Reactions: juanej

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
I get pretty terrible battery life on this ROM. I was used to getting at least 13 hours on CM10 but now I'm getting like 10. Anything I can do? The phone actually seems to go into deep sleep and have less time awake on 10.1 compared to 10, but it chews through battery.

I was having the same issue till I flashed a different radio.

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
People with tearing:

I need an app i can test against to verify if I may have reduced/greatly reduced/removed tearing with some value changes.

Please get me an app or two (free preferrably) that I can see this tearing in so I can test against it.

Thank you!
-h8

Reactions: pikul

currydude

Oct 7, 2010
Sydney
People with tearing:

I need an app i can test against to verify if I may have reduced/greatly reduced/removed tearing with some value changes.

Please get me an app or two (free preferrably) that I can see this tearing in so I can test against it.

Thank you!
-h8

Nova launcher. On the home screen, there's always a tear near the top, and in the app drawer, one in the middle.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

kcchen

Mar 7, 2005
Navigation != GPS
In my experience (used it this morning) GPS works just fine... Navigation will crash if you leave it open. However, if you start it up and hit HOME once it starts to route you, it will run just fine in the background. Pretty sure it is related to the video problems (screen tearing) as not everyone sees this issue. Perhaps it would work with the HW overlays disabled, but the problem seems to be with the Nav app, not GPS.

+1. Just wanted to confirm that the Navigation app works in the background as stated above. Unfortunately, I usually use the Nav feature visually, and not through the voice prompts. I like all the information about the next turn, distance, road inofrmation... etc.

I'll try disabling the HW overlays in the Developer settings. Anyone try this?

venelar

Jan 27, 2007
Baton Rouge
Also if you put a gallery album widget on screen and swipe screen to screen you can see it. I'm using nova also

That's the only place I see it and it's slight so it's the least of my worries

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
Nova launcher. On the home screen, there's always a tear near the top, and in the app drawer, one in the middle.

I checked those, no tearing on what I'm playing with. i'm wanting an app that will make it easily visible (i.e. a game, etc.). I browsed androidcentral.com's full site without any tearing that i could notice (doesn't mean its not there...but very very less visible) and i did not notice anything on homescreen or app drawer.

currydude

Oct 7, 2010
Sydney

Also found tears on SuperSu (scrolling between tabs), I think it tears in every app that requires horizontal scrolling, not noticing th tears in vertically scrolling lists.

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
People with tearing:

Thank you!
-h8

The stock browser towards the bottom. Try browsing on ESPN mobile and android central. Also try Reddit Sync.

I

Icarus1391

People with tearing:

Thank you!
-h8

Apex Launcher. When you push the app drawer button

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
Users with tearing, please try this boot.img out and let me know if your tearing is better, worse, or same.

boot.img

Just fastboot flash this and let me know.

Just to keep it clean, if its *gone* for you, hit Thanks. otherwise, report back and in what application you saw the tearing in.

I know you didn't want posts for if it worked, but I have a little more to say. First, I'd have to say that tearing is 95% gone. Second, the HW Overlays option in developer options actually makes the tearing visible again, which is odd. Third, h8, will this make my battery life bad like the old "fix" by rohan over in AOKP or should it be fine to run for tomorrow?

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
I know you didn't want posts for if it worked, but I have a little more to say. First, I'd have to say that tearing is 95% gone. Second, the HW Overlays option in developer options actually makes the tearing visible again, which is odd. Third, h8, will this make my battery life bad like the old "fix" by rohan over in AOKP or should it be fine to run for tomorrow?

its only adjusting the refx100, not the clock, so i wouldn't imagine a battery life change?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Nightly Build of CM10.1 for the AT&T HTC One X / HTC One XL.

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    1. S-Off your device (Do this before RUU'ing and it will not wipe your /sdcard)
    2. Update to 3.18 RUU
    3. Flash a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM)
    4. Download latest Nightly
    5. Download and flash GAPPS

Nightlies return! Keep an eye on http://get.cm/?device=evita

List all Questions and Off-Topic discussions here

Changelog

Huge thanks:
    intervigil, xkonni, toastcfh, deck and rohan32 - Great team to work with for the HTC MSM8960 device family.
    @h8rift please check PM

Thread has been cleaned out. While I realize Development has slowed, I have created an OT thread in the General section HERE For all to decompress ;)

Lets try to stick with CM talk here.

Thank you

Thanks Tony, and sorry for the very late reply to your PM. You did what I would have asked :).

Development is still going on for this device, but we're trying to work on m7 (HTC One) and this family and get them merged so they always stay up to date with eachother. Its a fun, but daunting task...so please bear with me :). Once we get this kernel cleaned up it *does* have working HDMI and no refresh lines too. So basically, it will be near perfect and solid for this device. Just need some time as alot of us have had work stuff, personal stuff, (and myself) medical stuff going on.

We still love our S4 8960 devices, so they aren't forgotten :). We're learning alot about things we can fix here from what we are learning about the m7, so its a great experience for us and for you, the user. So kick back and relax and I will definitely put a noticable post up when nightlies return to normal and we move on to the other kernel which drops the lib that got us DMCA'ed.

Thanks everyone,
    -h8
    I believe everyone is correct and a status update is required at this point. This was my first CM device to maintain and I have a deep love and respect for it.

We just merged up our 3.4 stuff to CyanogenMod and each of the four devices in the family have a few leftover issues before we start nightlies again.

Here's the scoop on our phone on 3.4 at this moment:

All features work except:
    *720p/1080p video
    *random reboots
    *increased battery drain over 3.0 kernel as it is not optimized or has a stale process chewing battery. Its nothing catastrophic, but noticeable.

Issue-by-issue:
    #1: this is broken on all four devices at the moment and as all of you remember from cm9, cm10, cm-10.1 w/3.0 kernel....we do camera last. Stability first, features second, polish third.

#2 I bricked my Evita while fixing this issue so it could be released in an alpha status to you all. Luckily, XsMagical has been very very kind and offered to donate me a new motherboard ($150) to revive my device. It should be in the mail coming my way on Monday. We believe we found the fix, I just need to validate.

#3 this issue will be addressed after reboots and camera are up. Hell it could be the camera or reboots causing it. That's why we polish last.

**Sidenote: in 6-8 months I will most likely get whatever new htc device is out there and maintain it too if its on at&t. Why? Because our 4 (now 6) man squad are all CM has for HTC development officially. Period. There's nearly 10 people on the GS3 and GS4 series of phones just by themselves. No one wants or loves htc devices more than us so damn right I will do my hardest to maintain as much and as many as I can. Every new device I encounter the mire I learn how to fix up the others. We figured out HDMI out for this device by working on the HTC One, for example. We are also looking at merging kernels so that yes, thus device will be continually carried through new versions of android as well as the newer devices.

Some Evita users moved to the HTC One already and I was already there having their back. I would feel more appreciative that you get an easy-going, hard working person like me to give up all this time to work on devices knowing dang well that if you upgrade to another AT&T HTC device, you can expect me along with it. I feel I am dependable and actually listen to complaints, kudos, and feedback and respond appropriately, while other developers might not really care to respond to anything. My PM box fills up daily with questions and queries about how to build android from source for random devices like Huawei, or older devices like the HTC Flyer tablet. I literally work 45 hours a week at work, then put in another 5 hours minimum every night (or 10-15 on weekends). If you have been wondering what I have done with my 25 hours on android this week it has been trying to find a way to un-brick my Evita before that motherboard arrives so I can get to work this weekend. Rohan has been helping out a lot since my device died but he is very busy at the moment.

Last but not least. As soon as I can confirm the random reboots every 5-10 minutes are gone and it is a stable phone (I'm talking voice and data, because phone call availability is #1 priority...I mean...its a phone for crying out loud...), I will be blowing this thread up with test builds to see if we catch other bugs.

But I would rather see you on a stable build from March than an unstable build today and something happens to a family member and you don't get the phone call. Or maybe you get hurt badly and your phone reboots in mid-dial.

That's what I think about. That's why there are no test builds yet. Be patient, I want to see everyone excited again once this is released again. Lord knows I could use a few hours break by having all the devices on nightlies so I can work out bugs!

Sorry for the length, but that's what's on my mind after I read the last few posts so I wanted you to know *everything* that is going on.

Thanks,
    -h8

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
    Little update for you guys, the remaining issues are almost done for the 3.4 kernel. the permanent black screen unless USB is plugged in is gone now. We are now dealing with a screen on / off delay of a half a second and getting camera working again :).

Sit tight, eat some popcorn, you will enjoy the update when its available (then nightlies will start up again shortly after, bc we wont need the file that got us DMCA'ed). This also sets us up for quick updates to the next version of android since we're mostly CAF, with minor HTC bits needed to run the vendor-specific hardware.
    H8 is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

We're making major headway on our 3.4 kernel. No tearing and such, super smooth. Only problem right now is Camera, screen on/off delay, and if you dont have a USB cable plugged in, after about 10-15 seconds, the screen will not turn back on until you plug a usb cable back in. Otherwise its pretty much fully CAF code :).

Sorry haven't been around, we took a break for about a week, we'll still waiting on our vendor repo to come back. That break did us well, we're making major progress now.

There is no "giving up", its just "how long will it take". We are going to miss M3 but are trying to be ready for cm-10.1 stable. We'll just have to see.

Thanks guys!
    -h8rift