[ROM] [LEAK] 2.3.5 OTA Update

Search This thread

buddyfriendo

Apr 10, 2011
Massachusetts
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19448260&postcount=117

1.3.413...... see post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19419347&postcount=110
For link UL IS GOOD. Use stock recovery. This may have a fix for battery drain I TAKE THAT BACK. Drain seems the same after 6 hrs.

Can't seem to gain root with this version, zergrush successfully completes, SU is not on my phone, tried to manually install it and it fails updating the binaries with "Failed to find currently installed SU binary.", and yes I'm using the latest version.

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
Sorry for the noob question. But once i go to 2.3.5 will I have to sbf back to 2.3.4 to get back to my custom roms that are back on 2.3.4? I know i had to when I was going from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4.
I am curious to see if I can get it rooted with voodoo root keeper or zerg. However I am not familiar with adb and I know that is somewhat needed for zerg. So I am hoping I can keep root with dlrootkeeper which has been posted to work.

Sorry for the noob question. But once i go to 2.3.5 will I have to sbf back to 2.3.4 to get back to my custom roms that are back on 2.3.4? I know i had to when I was going from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4.
I am curious to see if I can get it rooted with voodoo root keeper or zerg. However I am not familiar with adb and I know that is somewhat needed for zerg. So I am hoping I can keep root with dlrootkeeper which has been posted to work.

yes u will need to sbf back to get those roms/backups loaded correctly ...
it is a different kernel I believe which will not allow for it to work...

tho I don't know if anyone has tried it at all yet...don't know if anyone has even attempt flashing roms...wanna guinea pig it up if ull be sbf'n anyways? Hahaha

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
yes u will need to sbf back to get those roms/backups loaded correctly ...
it is a different kernel I believe which will not allow for it to work...

tho I don't know if anyone has tried it at all yet...don't know if anyone has even attempt flashing roms...wanna guinea pig it up if ull be sbf'n anyways? Hahaha

That's what I thought. I don't mind trying it out will most likely end in another sbf which is fine with me. But it should not mess up my back up restores will it? So ash did you try 2.3.5 yet and were you able to get root?

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Is that 2515performance?
I get about that stock...and up to 3500 on eclipse
2786. If that's gaming index that's good....I usually get 2600 stock.. (eclipse I get bad reading sometimes but that issue being looked into by nitro...I haven't flashed 1.3yet to see id it fixed)

Ash what else have you installed on your eclipse to get that high of scores?. I used to run the speedy v6 but removed it after reading post that it causes lag. On benchmark 2011 is get around 2600. My wife's stock bionic gets 3400.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Root keeper app works. I am now on 2.3.5 and rooted using the voodoo root keeper. Very easy! Now I just need some custom Rome :)

That's what I thought. I don't mind trying it out will most likely end in another sbf which is fine with me. But it should not mess up my back up restores will it? So ash did you try 2.3.5 yet and were you able to get root?

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Ash what else have you installed on your eclipse to get that high of scores?. I used to run the speedy v6 but removed it after reading post that it causes lag. On benchmark 2011 is get around 2600. My wife's stock bionic gets 3400.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Root keeper app works. I am now on 2.3.5 and rooted using the voodoo root keeper. Very easy! Now I just need some custom Rome :)
there is NO customs for 2.3.5 yet..be careful..

I got those scores for performance when running eclipse 1.3rc2 and 1.3 final. used V6supercharger for oom groupings fix(NO minfree changes) and the "nitro lag nullifier" .
also..if u go t eclipse parts> animation &haptic feedback> and turn off compatibility mode the performance score rockets over 3300...BUT gaming index drops really low...(if u have donate smartbench u can see which application scores dropped and it is the gltunnel and GLjellyfish scores that drop horrendous with compatibility off..which also makes for blurry/pixilated videos/movies in my opinion ...))
I do NOT recommend turning compatibility mode off....
especially since while on I STILL get very high performance scores AND gaming scores..
eclipse is what the X2 is all about as far as im concerned :D
my phone has done its best while.on eclipse....
no offense intended towards other devs..they put solid roms out...

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
there is NO customs for 2.3.5 yet..be careful..

I got those scores for performance when running eclipse 1.3rc2 and 1.3 final. used V6supercharger for oom groupings fix(NO minfree changes) and the "nitro lag nullifier" .
also..if u go t eclipse parts> animation &haptic feedback> and turn off compatibility mode the performance score rockets over 3300...BUT gaming index drops really low...(if u have donate smartbench u can see which application scores dropped and it is the gltunnel and GLjellyfish scores that drop horrendous with compatibility off..which also makes for blurry/pixilated videos/movies in my opinion ...))
I do NOT recommend turning compatibility mode off....
especially since while on I STILL get very high performance scores AND gaming scores..
eclipse is what the X2 is all about as far as im concerned :D
my phone has done its best while.on eclipse....
no offense intended towards other devs..they put solid roms out...

Well the good news is I was able to go to 2.3.5. and regain root with root keeper. I flashed on some drop down menu and just checked it out. I then took the chance of flashing back to my original 2.3.4 stock nano back up and it went smooth. No SBF needed. I am now on my way from stock 2.3.4 back to my eclipse. I will check out your suggestions on getting the speed up. I am stillnew at this so flashing is the easiest way for me and V6 supercharger was more involved from what I ready. Maybe that will be my next challenge. I am learning everyday on here thanks to people like you ash.. Thanks again.

densetsu86

Aug 19, 2011
this may be a stupid question but im currently running 2.3.5 with .412 if i want to go to 2.3.5 with .413 will i have to nandroid or sbf back to 2.3.4 or can i use the stock recovery and go to .413 from .412.

basically im playing a couple rpgs and i would rather not lose my saves on them. and i have no real personal hate for .412 its been very stable (for my x2 its much better then 2.3.4 and devs in my opinion should move on and get off of it 2.3.4 as soon as possible).

but yeah any chance i mainly don't want to wipe data as much as humanly possible cause with stock i pertty much just need to wipe all the cache and i should be fine.

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
this may be a stupid question but im currently running 2.3.5 with .412 if i want to go to 2.3.5 with .413 will i have to nandroid or sbf back to 2.3.4 or can i use the stock recovery and go to .413 from .412.

basically im playing a couple rpgs and i would rather not lose my saves on them. and i have no real personal hate for .412 its been very stable (for my x2 its much better then 2.3.4 and devs in my opinion should move on and get off of it 2.3.4 as soon as possible).

but yeah any chance i mainly don't want to wipe data as much as humanly possible cause with stock i pertty much just need to wipe all the cache and i should be fine.

Now that I see how easy it is to keep root on 2.3.5 I can't wait to see some custom Roms comeing soon I hope :)

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan

We are working on it atm

Tapin' the Talk on the xSquared

CadenH

Sep 26, 2011

As of right now I think you have to be on 2.3.4. The update is for that build. And it does need to be flashed on stock recovery.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

densetsu86

Aug 19, 2011
Thanks. I guess i will just wait. Im not in a big hurry to leave .412's 2.3.5. Phone is very stable and music files on stock music app works just as well if not better then poweramp with high buffer on 2.3.4. Guess i will just need to beat the rpg im playing first. Hopefully there will be something better out there. My cheesecake app just gets me .4120 update only so i pretty much can't use that and im not down grading this sucker.

Thanks for the info. And to the devs i was tired when i made that post i worded that wrong it should have been i "wish" or something other then my opinion. But at least now i know 2.3.5 is not being neglected all i kept seeing on was updates for 2.3.4 framework so i was getting nervous. My 2.3.5 runs netter then most roms on 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 so i don't want to leave it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

CadenH

Sep 26, 2011
I will have to try that again. Last time I tried installing with cwm it hung during install. Must have been a fluke though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
I did it twice with no problems in clockwork but that is only because I missed the part about flashing with stock recovery. I had no problems but next time I will use stock recovery. I was also able to keep root both times with roots keeper and also flashed back to stock nano back up 2.3.4 with no issues. And no sbf. Not sure if that is recommended but it worked for me twice now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Leaked OTA update from QA servers, found via project Cheesecake (YUMMM!) -- Thanks to ztotherad for the heads up that he may have found something, that's what started our chase! :)
    Bootloader still locked. Battery bug still exists. If after flashing, it asks you to proceed to another (smaller) update (it shouldn't), don't do it. Consider yourself warned.

Flash over stock 2.3.4. Won't work with custom roms! Do not try!

Nothing really dramatic has changed, really, I'm just posting this for devs and whatnot to get their roms updated and such, but everyone else is welcome to install.

After install, you will need to root with zergRush. Now, I'm not sure if you can flash this in ClockworkMod Recovery, I haven't tried. Your best bet would be to throw this on the sd card, rename it UPDATE.zip and then boot into stock recovery and flash.

Changelog (not my change log)
    Code:
    1.3.412:
    Based on 2.3.5 framework
    Lockscreen dramatically optimized
    Couple kernel changes (no idea what)
    System is overall SLIGHTLY snappier compared to 2.3.4

MD5: 1632F1C83DF81F95BD42699CF80BBDB6

Download Here

--Miss the pulldown toggles? Mastafunk was very generous to post flashable pulldown toggle mods for 2.3.5. CLICK HERE.

Join us in the Droid X2 IRC channel! http://webchat.freenode.net/
    Channel is #dx2
    I think im gonna base it off 2.3.4 since there is an sbf for it. Having to update just to test would suck atm.
    Me ether i sbfed to 234 used Petes and rootkeeper flashed the 1.3.413 ud only. Then reran rootkeeper.
    So the zergRush exploit is common across multiple platforms where as Pete's Motorola Tools and the Motorola One Click are limited to Motorola phones, correct? I'm trying to decide if one is better than the other. To me, once rooted, you're rooted and it doesn't matter how you got there.

Just curious as I like to know what all my options are.

Thanks!

Well the reason zergRush is being used is apparently it works kinda like gingerbreak exploit did(as far as I've heard) and also because apparently petes methods exploit was apparently patched in 2.3.5.
    I say apparently because I haven't done any of this yet so I don't.know first hand. Apparently.

(Achievement unlocked :) <used apparently 7x in one.post>) ;)

(Apparently I don't.know to much)
    Can anyone re-up the 2.3.5 leak? the link is down & I cant find it nowhere

Edit: Nevermind, found a working link http://depositfiles.com/files/95u3zw9k6