Sprint HTC One Max SIM Unlock WORKING!!!

Was your Device S-ON when performing this Unlock and Worked?

• Yes

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

theslimed2013

Aug 13, 2013
Hello Guys, This is my first time Posting a Thread but this one is quite interesting.

Everyone knows that the HTC one Max from Sprint is Sadly Well Sim Locked, and the Verizon HTC one max is Unlocked straight from the factory due to FCC regulations. On Sprint devives, even when you put in the SIM Card, it won't ask for the Unlock Code. It says Invalid SIM and wont let you use it at all. But I have found the way to Sim Unlock the HTC One Max for Sprint. It's really almost the same way as on the HTC One but with a few more steps.

Step one is that you have to be Rooted. Now, I am not sure if you have to be S-OFF or S-ON but I am S-OFF so you might have to be S-OFF as well, but you guys can confirm that for me.

Next is you need the Following apps: Root Explorer, Sprint HTCOne SIMUnlock Helper. You Must install them before continuing. You can get these Apps from the Play Store.

After that, you need to download the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk File (I have attached the modded file in this Post). This file is the file that needs to be replaced from the one in your /system/app Directory. You need to Remove the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk file first (Or Rename it) before you place the modded one in there. Once done, MAKE SURE that your permissions are set to rw-r-r and reboot. If you don't set the permissions right, it WILL not work.

After you replace the File, You are going to use the SIM Unlock Helper app next. After you select the app, it might say "Device Check Fail" in Big Red Letters. It might also say, "This Device is not a Sprint HTC One! Therefor, this Program will not run". This is ok. What you want to do is click the 3 Menu Dots on the Upper Right hand side and Select "Display SIM Unlock Log". It might ask you for Permissions. Make sure to Grant them. After that it will say "SIM Unlock Log". There shouldn't be anything there. Now hit the back button and now it should say Device Verified, Root Available etc. etc.

Next is you want to tap Start. If everything goes well, within seconds you should be in the OMADM Test Client. Scroll all the way down to the end and tap the selection SIMLOCK. The phone will freeze a couple of seconds and then return to normal. Once done tap the back button and the SIM Unlock Helper should show SIM Unlock Results. If it says Successful, reboot the phone (Although tapping Reboot might not work from the app itself)

Once Rebooted, Insert your SIM Card of your GSM Carrier and go to your Settings> Mobile Data> Network Mode. Once you tap that, Tap GSM/UTMS Only. If successful your phone will switch from Sprint to the GSM carrier. All there is next is to setup your APN settings to be able to receive the carriers data services.

PLEASE NOTE!!! That you won't receive HSPA+ (4G LTE) Data, but you will only receive the 14.4Mbps HSPA Speeds. Talk, Text, and Data should work with no issues.

Please Confirm that it works. I will be posting some pics up later of the process.

Credit also goes to chas123, he's the one who hacked HtcOMADM_SPCS (which is also used in Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper) making it possible to unlock!

Also, for those who are having a vdm error. Replacing the original apk after unlocking fixes it. For those that flashed the ruu maybe replacing that apk will help also.

Attachments

• HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 12,594
Last edited:

hoangps

May 26, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
Confirm worked

iOKsjrw.jpg

menace666

Jan 17, 2014
didn't work for me. I''m S-OFF, set all permissions correctly. after pressing START button or even thru Terminal Emulator I get the same message that "OMADM application been unexpectedly stopped" :( Any thought?

theslimed2013

Aug 13, 2013
The Rom I used to perform the SIM Unlock was SkyDragon Max v. 2.0 Sprint. So you might have to be on this Rom to work.

ALSO, you MUST be on a Deodexed Rom for it to work. The Odexed roms wont work since the file you are editing is only in Deodexed form and doesn't contain the .Odex file.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-18-15-05-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-15-05-48.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 965
Last edited:

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Just caught in another forum that network unlocking your sprint Max (taken from directions for sprint One) causes that vdm error. Replacing the original apk after unlocking fixes it. For those that flashed the ruu maybe replacing that apk will help also.

*you probably want to note this in the OP

Reactions: theslimed2013

meezy2400

Nov 14, 2009
Help I've flashed the skydragon Rom replaced the file set the permissions used the unlock app rebooted switched to gsm and no bars at all what am I doing wrong

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app

pazhope

Sep 3, 2013
Help I've flashed the skydragon Rom replaced the file set the permissions used the unlock app rebooted switched to gsm and no bars at all what am I doing wrong

The same happened to me, try the process a couple of times and even reflash ROMS, every time the SIM unlock helper show success but it didn't worked. I read multiple times the forums and when I was about to quit, decide to try another time but instead of uploading the HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk file from my MAC, decided to do a direct download from the phone and finally I it works!!!!!

Now I want to go back to my nexus 5, I am not sure I am going to keep this phone (for now I already remove the notebook case, its really complicated to use with it..)

Last edited:

motoridersd

Jul 21, 2008
San Diego
Google Pixel Watch 2
I thought AT&T had been migrating their UMTS services to 850 Mhz? You might find yourself not getting 3G with AT&T just as you would with T-Mobile, since only 1900 Mhz is usable on this Sprint version.

If you want to use this in Mexico, Telcel only uses 850 for 3G, so you will only get EDGE. Movistar and Iusacell use 850 and 1900, and depending on the region, there will be no 3G services (if the region uses 850 vs 1900)

Reactions: Jiggity Janx

theslimed2013

Aug 13, 2013
I know I can get 14.4Mbps on T-Mobiles Internet which isn't terrible but isn't bad either. Hopefully the next Gen HTC one max will be better.

Last edited:

errodic

Jan 28, 2014
wont detect sim

Im having a similar problem, I was able to bootloader unlock, root, s-off, custom recovery and custom rom (skydragon) but I still cant get the sim unlock to work. I replaced the HtcOMADM_SPCS and set the permissions correctly, got simunlock helper to work, ran sim lock; but still doesnt detect my sim card. I get no bars and phone settings shows "no sim card found" under Available GSM networks.

Here are my settings as seen in bootloader exactly

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
T6WHL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-SPCS_001
HBOOT-2.46.0000
RADIO-1.35.50.1106
OPENDSP-V33.120.274.T6.0829
QSC-
OS-1.16.651.4
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Please help!!! thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys, This is my first time Posting a Thread but this one is quite interesting.

Everyone knows that the HTC one Max from Sprint is Sadly Well Sim Locked, and the Verizon HTC one max is Unlocked straight from the factory due to FCC regulations. On Sprint devives, even when you put in the SIM Card, it won't ask for the Unlock Code. It says Invalid SIM and wont let you use it at all. But I have found the way to Sim Unlock the HTC One Max for Sprint. It's really almost the same way as on the HTC One but with a few more steps.

Step one is that you have to be Rooted. Now, I am not sure if you have to be S-OFF or S-ON but I am S-OFF so you might have to be S-OFF as well, but you guys can confirm that for me.

Next is you need the Following apps: Root Explorer, Sprint HTCOne SIMUnlock Helper. You Must install them before continuing. You can get these Apps from the Play Store.

After that, you need to download the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk File (I have attached the modded file in this Post). This file is the file that needs to be replaced from the one in your /system/app Directory. You need to Remove the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk file first (Or Rename it) before you place the modded one in there. Once done, MAKE SURE that your permissions are set to rw-r-r and reboot. If you don't set the permissions right, it WILL not work.

After you replace the File, You are going to use the SIM Unlock Helper app next. After you select the app, it might say "Device Check Fail" in Big Red Letters. It might also say, "This Device is not a Sprint HTC One! Therefor, this Program will not run". This is ok. What you want to do is click the 3 Menu Dots on the Upper Right hand side and Select "Display SIM Unlock Log". It might ask you for Permissions. Make sure to Grant them. After that it will say "SIM Unlock Log". There shouldn't be anything there. Now hit the back button and now it should say Device Verified, Root Available etc. etc.

Next is you want to tap Start. If everything goes well, within seconds you should be in the OMADM Test Client. Scroll all the way down to the end and tap the selection SIMLOCK. The phone will freeze a couple of seconds and then return to normal. Once done tap the back button and the SIM Unlock Helper should show SIM Unlock Results. If it says Successful, reboot the phone (Although tapping Reboot might not work from the app itself)

Once Rebooted, Insert your SIM Card of your GSM Carrier and go to your Settings> Mobile Data> Network Mode. Once you tap that, Tap GSM/UTMS Only. If successful your phone will switch from Sprint to the GSM carrier. All there is next is to setup your APN settings to be able to receive the carriers data services.

PLEASE NOTE!!! That you won't receive HSPA+ (4G LTE) Data, but you will only receive the 14.4Mbps HSPA Speeds. Talk, Text, and Data should work with no issues.

Please Confirm that it works. I will be posting some pics up later of the process.

Credit also goes to chas123, he's the one who hacked HtcOMADM_SPCS (which is also used in Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper) making it possible to unlock!

Also, for those who are having a vdm error. Replacing the original apk after unlocking fixes it. For those that flashed the ruu maybe replacing that apk will help also.
    Confirm worked

iOKsjrw.jpg
    Nope. I can Still Connect to the Dual Band 5Ghz A, C, and N Channels just fine. Only issue there might be is the Force Closed issue on a App. But nothing major.

did you lose any functionality, like wifi N/AC, or anything else involving the radio?

thanks!
    Screenshots of my Phone

Here are some screenshots of my Sprint HTC one Max SIM Unlocked.
    Probably had to be on a Deodexed rom.