[Q] Multifile service firmware for G900F International

Search This thread

wajiman

Jan 21, 2011
Thanks, but the multifile service FW is necessary to me. G900F isn't loaded when using an one-file FW :mad:

mate what do you mean by multifile service FW??? do you mean a FW that can work on all networks or do you mean multiple CSC features??

Last edited:

wajiman

Jan 21, 2011
I need a FW used by Samsung service when phone is not booting. It consists of several parts - PIT-file, Bootloader, PDA, CSC and Modem.

LMAO, mate the firmware files are in zip, extract them you will get .tar file which contains all those files. Every firmware comes with these or else phone wont boot at all....

Reactions: wlryss

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Where it is possible to find a multifile service firmware for G900F International? :crying

The confusion is because you didn't clearly explain what you are looking for. "Multifile".. is more than a little ambiguous without a context or elaboration. Or you can try blaming it on the emoticon. Emoticons are always bad.

Anyway, you are apparently looking for Odin formatted components e.g. bootloader, modem, etc, rather than the complete tar firmware image. Most firmware repositories have the complete firmware which contains all of the components. To obtain the separate items, you really need to pull them from the full firmware image and repackage (tar) them. Samsung does package the components separately, but AFAIK only for internal use. I'm not aware of Samsung distributing or providing end user links to the components.

If you search the forum, you will sometimes find that someone has done the work for you. e.g. if you had a 900T phone, this thread would be useful to you:
[Stock Collection] Kernels, Modems, Firmware, Stock Tars[Current: NG3]

As to PIT files, note that a PIT (partition information) is unique to a model, ROM size and carrier. So if you have a 900F phone, 16 GB, carrier x.. that PIT file is different than a 900F /32 GB /carrier x or 900F /16 GB /carrier y PIT file.

Unless you are changing carriers or have partition corruption, you can simply extract a copy of the PIT file from your own phone. Have a look at this thread.

Reactions: wlryss

wlryss

Jul 1, 2012
Moscow
The confusion is because you didn't clearly explain what you are looking for. "Multifile".. is more than a little ambiguous without a context or elaboration. Or you can try blaming it on the emoticon. Emoticons are always bad.

Anyway, you are apparently looking for Odin formatted components e.g. bootloader, modem, etc, rather than the complete tar firmware image. Most firmware repositories have the complete firmware which contains all of the components. To obtain the separate items, you really need to pull them from the full firmware image and repackage (tar) them. Samsung does package the components separately, but AFAIK only for internal use. I'm not aware of Samsung distributing or providing end user links to the components.

If you search the forum, you will sometimes find that someone has done the work for you. e.g. if you had a 900T phone, this thread would be useful to you:

As to PIT files, note that a PIT (partition information) is unique to a model, ROM size and carrier. So if you have a 900F phone, 16 GB, carrier x.. that PIT file is different than a 900F /32 GB /carrier x or 900F /16 GB /carrier y PIT file.

Unless you are changing carriers or have partition corruption, you can simply extract a copy of the PIT file from your own phone. Have a look at this thread.

Thanks for your response!
The matter is i`m looking for FACTORY FW, but not for HOME.
In a firmware there is cache.img or cache.img.ext4 in which there is / recovery/command where key difference of firmwares of HOME from FACTORY is shown.

command for factory:
- update_package=CACHE:recovery/sec_csc.zip
- carry_out=csc_factory
- wipe_data

command for a normal firmware:
- update_package=CACHE:recovery/sec_csc.zip
- carry_out=csc_home
- wipe_cache
That as for division of an one-file firmware into components it is clear and I did it many times.
At a forum I recently, but Samsung am engaged in devices long ago.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
If you are lucky, an employee may be able to provide the files you seek. But that is hardly something that you can rely upon.

As far as I know most files intended for use by Samsung technicians are not generally released to the public. So they will be difficult to find and you should do an exhaustive keyword search on Google, et al.

Or buy your local service technician a drink.

wlryss

Jul 1, 2012
Moscow
If you are lucky, an employee may be able to provide the files you seek. But that is hardly something that you can rely upon.

As far as I know most files intended for use by Samsung technicians are not generally released to the public. So they will be difficult to find and you should do an exhaustive keyword search on Google, et al.

Or buy your local service technician a drink.

Yes, you are right, last string will help.:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all!

Where it is possible to find a multifile service firmware for G900F International? :crying:

Posting SamMobile links not allowed on xda. I know that myself since 2 days ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
    I need a FW used by Samsung service when phone is not booting. It consists of several parts - PIT-file, Bootloader, PDA, CSC and Modem.

LMAO, mate the firmware files are in zip, extract them you will get .tar file which contains all those files. Every firmware comes with these or else phone wont boot at all....
    Where it is possible to find a multifile service firmware for G900F International? :crying