[Q] HTC ONE X Screwed big time

Search This thread

bannyk.76

Jun 13, 2014
Hi,
I have a HTC One X international version been in use for last 2 years. Just yesterday, I have unlocked the boot loader following instruction on HTCDev.com. Successfully rooted the phone following the instructions on onexroot.com. I have installed the ClockworkMod ROM on it. Until here things were fine. I have installed the ROM Manager from Android Market. Got the Super Admin. I have downloaded the Carbon ROM and Google Apps zip files to my phone. I have attempted install the Carbon Custom Rom on my phone, got the error status 7. this is where the problem started, by mistaken without taking the backup I have done the wipe data / factory reset. My phone is gone. It doesn't get identified in my Computer. Battery doesn't get charge. I have a clockworkmod recovery v5.8.2.7 on it.
Please please please help.. I did a sin..

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Hi,
I have a HTC One X international version been in use for last 2 years. Just yesterday, I have unlocked the boot loader following instruction on HTCDev.com. Successfully rooted the phone following the instructions on onexroot.com. I have installed the ClockworkMod ROM on it. Until here things were fine. I have installed the ROM Manager from Android Market. Got the Super Admin. I have downloaded the Carbon ROM and Google Apps zip files to my phone. I have attempted install the Carbon Custom Rom on my phone, got the error status 7. this is where the problem started, by mistaken without taking the backup I have done the wipe data / factory reset. My phone is gone. It doesn't get identified in my Computer. Battery doesn't get charge. I have a clockworkmod recovery v5.8.2.7 on it.

First download the latest CWM 6.0.4.8 from CM11 thread or latest TWRP 2.7.1 or latest Philz recovery from original android section then install carbon rom. Carbon is based on 4.4.2 and you need latest recovery where support kitkat

EDIT: and something else you need to flash boot.img from rom.zip manually with the command fastboot flash boot boot.img , Rom Manager don't work on S-ON devices like ONE X

Reactions: bannyk.76

bannyk.76

Jun 13, 2014
My phone shows battery level is too low to flash

Hi,

Hi,
I am in Fastboot USB mode and the phone shows Battery level is too low to flash
I am unable to copy the files using fastboot commands. Also if I believe the charging levels are fluctuating and not consistent increasing.
Please advise.

Thanks a ton!!

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Hi,
I am unable to copy the files using fastboot commands. Also if I believe the charging levels are fluctuating and not consistent increasing.
Please advise.

Thanks a ton!!

first try to go in custom recovery and see if you can charge the phone from recovery if not Download THIS and connect the phone in fastboot and run the file chargeonex.bat

EDIT: no such rom like ClockworkMod ROM CWM is a recovery and you must to use command fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

Reactions: bannyk.76

bannyk.76

Jun 13, 2014
Thanks a Ton

Your file chargeONEX really did a magic. my phone is charging now, slowly .. slowly ...
May I please request for detailed step by steps for what to be done next? I am getting a hope that my phone will be back to work.. Please advise.

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Your file chargeONEX really did a magic. my phone is charging now, slowly .. slowly ...
May I please request for detailed step by steps for what to be done next? I am getting a hope that my phone will be back to work.. Please advise.

after you reach 3800mV flash custom recovery like Philz 5.15.9 and mount sd card copy what you need to the sd card after this if you whant to install 4.4.x you need to flash some of the latest recoverys on CWM,TWRP or Philz because Philz.5.15.9 will not work with the kitkat you can use it only to mount sd card and copy things to sd card. When you are done with the copy things flash the boot.img from rom.zip via fastboot and then flash the rom.zip from recovery and that is

bannyk.76

Jun 13, 2014
Unable to boot in recovery with CWM 6.x

I have charged the battery for whole night and did a flash a CWM 5.8.4.0 and restarted the phone in recovery. After that I have flashed CWM 6.0 for KitKat and after that I am unable to restart the phone in Recovery mode. It stuck at the HTC Quietly brilliant screen.
Not sure where to start, I am totally confused with too many discussion forums with different suggestions. I am lost and my phone is in screwed up status.
What would you suggest as I am a novice person.
After flashing CWM 5.8.4.0 I am able to start phone in recovery, took back up, what is next? should I do a RUU... what is the funda of S-Off.
This is how my screen looks like now ..

**************Unlocked***********
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-On RL
HBOOT - 1.73.0000
CPLD-NONE
MICROP-None
RADIO-5.1204.167.31
eMMC-boot mode : disabled
CPU-boot mode: disabled
HW Secure boot : enabled

C:\Development\All New>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5a
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.73.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 5.1204.167.31
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 4.19.707.3
INFOserialno: SH23KW105277
INFOimei: 359188045391604
INFOproduct: endeavoru
INFOplatform: HBOOT-T30S
INFOmodelid: PJ4610000
INFOcidnum: HTC__044
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3610mV
INFOdevpower: 1
INFOpartition-layout: None
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: None
INFOhbootpreupdate: 2
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

bannyk.76

Jun 13, 2014
I think i am closer

Hot from the POT!!!

Able to mount the SD card in CWM v5.8.4.0 and copied the cm-11-20140613-NIGHTLY-endeavoru and gapps-kk-20140606-signed file and tried to "install zip from SDcard". both have failed with Status 7.

Any advise from here .. it seems I am close to getting back my phone....

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Hot from the POT!!!

Able to mount the SD card in CWM v5.8.4.0 and copied the cm-11-20140613-NIGHTLY-endeavoru and gapps-kk-20140606-signed file and tried to "install zip from SDcard". both have failed with Status 7.

Any advise from here .. it seems I am close to getting back my phone....

Yes you must to be with the latest CWM 6.0.4.8 or TWRP2.7.x or Philz latest

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

First download the latest CWM 6.0.4.8 from CM11 thread or latest TWRP 2.7.1 or latest Philz recovery from original android section then install carbon rom. Carbon is based on 4.4.2 and you need latest recovery where support kitkat

EDIT: and something else you need to flash boot.img from rom.zip manually with the command fastboot flash boot boot.img , Rom Manager don't work on S-ON devices like ONE X
    Hi,
    Please advise.

Thanks a ton!!

first try to go in custom recovery and see if you can charge the phone from recovery if not Download THIS and connect the phone in fastboot and run the file chargeonex.bat

EDIT: no such rom like ClockworkMod ROM CWM is a recovery and you must to use command fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img