[Q] How to determin whethet its HARDWARE or FIRMWARE fault ???

Search This thread

zholy

Sep 13, 2011
Hi.

Yesterday my phone stopped recognising the earphones/speakers when plugged in ?! It doesn't show the "headphones" icon any more, and even on full volume I can here sound/music only on the left speaker/earphone very silently. I've tried 2 different headphones, 2 different speakers as well ... ale same results.

Is there a way how to determine whether it's firmware/software issue or hardware ???

Thank you in advance.

P.S. : what I did prior to noticing this problem - we have a new sound system in our school that has two places for connection. We were using one of them, but couldn't use the another one, because of lacking cable. Once the cable arrived and we connected the cable to the system - I've tried whether it's working with my phone. It played the sound only in the way, that I've described. So we have tried it with an Iphone (the same results) and later PC, which played the sound correctly. I'm still waiting for response from the Iphone owner, whether he has the same problem - but could the cable/system caused the fault ??? Do you think, that my phone would get damaged by "some current" ???

deiuPP

Feb 28, 2012
Sibiu
From what you say, it seems to be an hardware problem. To test this, you can perform a factory reset and if the problem persists it's definitively an hardware problem.

zholy

Sep 13, 2011
I've checked that as well, but couldn't see anything there. Well never mind now...I've sold the Defy and bought a new one. Such a great phone deserves that everything is running as it should :)

Thank you for your help.

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium