[Q] Is this how it is to be done ?
Lets say I have installed the latest stable release from Cyanogemod 10.1.3 on my GT-N7100 now if I wish to return to factory defaults and I follow the following procedure will it workout ? The steps have been mentioned in the order they ill be performed
1. install TA on CM 10.1.3 and run it to reset counter and instead of booting normally, I will boot to download mod from the options provided by TA. -------->(This step is in accordance to Dr.Ketan as he has only mentioned here that one can install TA on his existing custom ROM and proceed.)
2. I will arrange myself a NON-ROOTED
stock firmware/ROM from Dr.Ketan's repository and flash the same using PC ODIN in download mode
. Now when the phone reboots and if I get stuck in a boot loop then I have to do wipe\data or factory reset (right...??
3. if everything works out well I should now have stock ROM on my GT-N7100 and CWM will also get removed except it might leave traces behind on my SD card which I can remove by formatting the SD.
4. Now if the status is modified, I will have to clear data
. This step GUARANTEES
that my device status will change to NORMAL
5. Wallahh!! Now I should have a completely factory manufactured device ready to use.
Now the confusions
that I have are....
1. in order to install CM 10.1.3 I will have to install CWM so does installing CWM remove stock recovery ?
2. when I try to remove CM 10.1.3 do I need to flash stock recovery as well as stock kernel
? or by just following the steps that I have mentioned above to recover my device is absolutely correct?
3. do I need to be worried about modem, network connectivity and IMEI No. during this entire episode? How will EFS help me?
4. This is current status of my device:
(i) Build Number : JZO54K.N7100XXDMG1
(ii) Kernel Version : 3.0.31-1071214
SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 1 16:01:15 KST 2013
I hope things will work for this configuration.
5. is there anything else that I must take into consideration and after following all the steps are there still any chances of risking my device?