[Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Search This thread

alvespt

May 1, 2008
Lisbon
i there ive been trying to install this rom but i dont find way to put CMW to work on my tab, ive tried to root using the instructions and got no sucess. the bootloader is unlocked but once i try to acess it via usb i get no numbers on the comand line, probably because it doesnt recognise the usb... any help? thx

alvespt

May 1, 2008
Lisbon
Thanks for the quick reply you guys are great! Ok but from odin I can flash directly these files? Or they need to be a specific ones?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pruano

Jul 18, 2012
i there ive been trying to install this rom but i dont find way to put CMW to work on my tab, ive tried to root using the instructions and got no sucess. the bootloader is unlocked but once i try to acess it via usb i get no numbers on the comand line, probably because it doesnt recognise the usb... any help? thx

Exactly what you mean you dont get any numbers on the command line? No result on "fastboot devices"? Did you use fastboot for unlocking the bootloader? Are you sure the bootloader is unlocked (an unlocked padlock appears in the boot image along with the tab name)?

timejus

Dec 2, 2010
Just flashed cm-10-20120804-EXPERIMENTAL-p3 and gapps-jb-20120729 on top of cm-10-20120728-EXPERIMENTAL-p3 ( cache wipe only ) using CMW 6.0.1.0.

No problems so far, shutdown is now working, and everything else is still working as in previous version.

The only bugs I've encountered ( same as previous version ) are the CM10 notification apps selection not working, and the front camera.

EDIT: also I can't get it to be detected as usb ( mtp or mass storage ) when I plug in to the computer ( doesn't even show up on lsusb ). This worked with 3.2 TB rom so I'm not assuming a hardware problem

EDIT: disregard the usb mounting issue, I should have RTFMed, it's under Storage > Settings ( top right of screen )

Last edited:

GaryWS

Mar 7, 2012
A minor issue which might be related to gapps - not sure ...
When using the messaging app to send SMS it reports message not sent when in fact it is sent. Don't know how long this has been there.

ORiZorrie

Apr 9, 2009
A minor issue which might be related to gapps - not sure ...
When using the messaging app to send SMS it reports message not sent when in fact it is sent. Don't know how long this has been there.

Not linked to JB and CM10 specifically. Has been there since long time.

Camera Not Working

I just ODIN'd the TAR, Wiped Data/Cache, and then the 8-4 ZIP ... Camera STILL not working for me (cant connect to camera message) ... have strange behavior with the rotation ,,, and battery ICOM not correct ... UGH ... have a gt-p7100 .. would love to use this ...

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
I just ODIN'd the TAR, Wiped Data/Cache, and then the 8-4 ZIP ... Camera STILL not working for me (cant connect to camera message) ... have strange behavior with the rotation ,,, and battery ICOM not correct ... UGH ... have a gt-p7100 .. would love to use this ...

are you flashing the right rom?

p3 = gt-p7100 - 10.1v. only use this. use the supplied recovery in the folder.

then boot in and clear data from gallery.

Reactions: androidtee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll start by saing that all credits go to :good: pershoot :good: So be sure to thank him !!

INFO
    http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
    This is Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) + CM10.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

CyanogenMod-10.1.jpg

!! DOWNLOAD / NIGHTLIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE !!
    http://get.cm/?device=p3

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    /!\ Before doing anything make sure your bootloader is unlocked and you have a rooted device!
    1. Backup your apps+data using Titanium Backup.
    2. Go to http://get.cm/?device=p3
    3. Download 'recovery.tar.md5' to your PC if you don't have it yet. It's Clockworkmod 6.0.1.0 (latest version). If it's not available on the above location, it's also attached to this post.
    4. Download 'cm-10.1.......zip' and put it in internal storage.
    5. Download the latest 'gapps-jb-*-signed.zip' from http://goo.im/gapps and put it in internal storage. gapps-minimal-jb-20121212-signed.zip has been confirmed to work fine.
    6. a. Flash recovery.tar.md5 on your device using ODIN3 (go into downloading mode, wait for USB connected on screen, then select the file using PDA and click Start)
    6. b. You can also use fastboot (for some reason I prefer this method). Just extract the recovery.img from 'recovery.tar.md5' and then flash it using fastboot ("fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (permanent on device) and/or "fastboot boot recovery.img" (just boot it from pc))
    7. Once in recovery: clean cache & clean dalvik cache. (I did a full wipe to be sure I don't report bugs to pershoot which are linked to data problems).
    8. Flash the ROM.
    9. Flash gapps.
    10. Reboot
    11. Enjoy your ROM :fingers-crossed:
    12. Put back all your apps (using batch Titanium Backup) but don't restore system apps.
    13. You're done!

If you need to flash the P4 modem:
    1. Get ODIN 1.85
    2. Get the Samsung drivers "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0" (google it)
    3. Install the driver for Tab
    4. Download the modem image from pershoot's p3 repository
    5. Boot into bootloader (press power and hold volume-up and volume-down at the same time, then select Downloading).
    6. Start ODIN (you should see the first block become yellow on the screen => means your device is connected)
    7. Select PDA and browse to the modem file
    8. Flash it
    9. You're done. Make sure you got the correct RIL by flashing the latest image.

Video made by SjPedro22
    WORKING
    • bluetooth
    • browser
    back camera (8MP)
    • gps
    • install/move apps on sd card
    • mobile data 3g/2g
    • rotation
    • sound (notifications, calls, ringtones, alarm, music)
    • superuser
    • MTP
    • video playback
    • vibration
    • wifi
    • youtube
    front camera

BUGS
    • none! If you find one, please post them in this thread!
    Latest recovery from droidbasement.
    Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.

fixed.

it should build successfully for the next nightly run.
    Re: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone have the links to this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

here you have mate, link to gapps ;)

http://goo.im/gapps

just it the thanks button ;)