AT&T Release Date???

Search This thread
R

Red5

I had a family unlimited data plan. They said in the store I had to change it to unlimited LTE data plan. I asked what the difference was and they said no difference in the cost or the amount where it throttles back, it is just different in their system. So yes, I think they are trying to force people out of older grandfathered plans, but my plan was less than a year old so there was no real impact for me.
No, they cant change your grandfathered data plan unless you agree/sign saying you wish to move to another data plan. The LTE unlimited data plan gets throttled after 5GB instead of 3GB... so its better.

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
No, they cant change your grandfathered data plan unless you agree/sign saying you wish to move to another data plan. The LTE unlimited data plan gets throttled after 5GB instead of 3GB... so its better.

This.

Something can always go wrong so make sure you double check after you upgrade! If you lose your unlimited data plan, you can always get it back if you call 611. As long as you can "prove" that you

1.) Used to have unlimited
2.) It was removed without your consent

mr2sweet

Apr 17, 2010
UGH!!! so when I go to upgrade and get to the final page it says the total cost for the phone is 299 instead of 199....why is that, and how do I get it for the 199 price. I'm on a premier account.

Crizthakidd

Jul 28, 2010
Jersey
i need help. im trying to buy the phone using my brothers atnt upgrade but i want to go use the phone on my own pre paid service . whats the best way to go about this, ive never had prepaid before and not sure which company or bands work to pick

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
i need help. im trying to buy the phone using my brothers atnt upgrade but i want to go use the phone on my own pre paid service . whats the best way to go about this, ive never had prepaid before and not sure which company or bands work to pick

If the bands match up just go on AT&T and upgrade his line and select the phone. You'll have to get it unlocked though. unless you're using go phone, then you're fine.

Crizthakidd

Jul 28, 2010
Jersey
If the bands match up just go on AT&T and upgrade his line and select the phone. You'll have to get it unlocked though. unless you're using go phone, then you're fine.

do i ask for it unlocked then or just do it myself when i get home. and i decided on straight talk which uses atnt towers so my reception will still be good and has unlimited data. on atnt go phone its like 50$ for unlimited yet u sitll have to add a 20 $ data plan for 200 mb lol ! such a rip

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
do i ask for it unlocked then or just do it myself when i get home. and i decided on straight talk which uses atnt towers so my reception will still be good and has unlimited data. on atnt go phone its like 50$ for unlimited yet u sitll have to add a 20 $ data plan for 200 mb lol ! such a rip

AT&T does not sell unlocked phones. And they won't supply unlock codes for 10 months after the phone's release. Your best bet is to buy an unlock code for around $20. eBay, from a seller with a good rating, is probably your safest bet (or another website, if they have a good rep).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got notified that we are having a merchandising reset on 4/22, It also mentions that more information will be available about the reset on 4/18.
    I just read on the other Android HTC One X forums that this poster from AT&T customer care couldn't find any info on the release date for HTC One X. They searched everything including the "AT&T Insider," everything is promoting the Lumia 900 and Titan II. This is conflicting info against EGBTMagus. Any thoughts??? I really hope EGBTMagus is right with the 4/22 release date!!!! I've been waiting ever since I heard about it at MWC!!!!

Customer Care from AT&T never takes training's on devices so other then official announcements they wouldn't know anything.

I just want to be clear, I am not saying it will be 100% released on the 22nd. Just 6 years with the company I know what to look for when a new device launches. I can be wrong and AT&T just pull a device without replacing it (wouldn't be the first time but rarely does it happen). Also HTC only has 2 Android devices with AT&T. If they discontinue one of their best sellers they would need something to fill the gap.

SkizzMcNizz, If you are about to run your course with your return period then don't blame me if my guess is wrong.

Heres the entire email...
    EGBTMagus, do you still think the April 22nd date is a possibility? Everything seems to be pointing at that date. Have you been able to find it in your system yet?

Yes its totally possible. On Wednesday our merchandising reset site will be updated to reflect 4/22 so I will know more then. Only problem is im off the next two days so I wont be able to confirm anything till Thursday which we will get a confirmation by then hopefully.
    1516195 allinger

At&t releases phones on Sundays twice a month. The 22nd is one if those days. As longs as I have known it has never been different other than with the iPhone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I know that. The Marketing, commercials, bill boards and magazine ads, web ads are not to be released to ATT until the following day. My office is not open on Sunday. We have a meeting with ATT corporate to go over the ads for the Florida market on Mon.

Ads for products are marketed usually to a regions demographic. ATT has their own marketing dept for the entire US. They already have a commercial and ads for the phone. I seen them last week. We are being told to go with '4G' as the main selling point. Since Florida has a good bit of 4G areas already available, especially in central FL, Tampa and Orlando.
    I'm an AT&T Employee and just completed a training for the HTC One XL... we have a store reset on April 22nd (which usually means new devices since we pull EOL devices). I'm gonna guess that might be the release date also since the HTC Inspire is finally coming off the wall and last time I talked to the HTC Rep they said that when the Inspire is done the Vivid will replace its price range and the One XL will replace the Vivid.