No ICS for Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Boycott Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nocturnuz

May 27, 2012
I don't want to be taking sides. But there are still people who don't want to gamble with flashing custom ROMS and stick to 'stock-with-a-little-mod' ROMS. And by that I mean stock ROM with bloatware removed, launcher modified, and the like.

Just like me. For now I don't think I could gamble with playing around with my phone. Nonetheless, I think I'm pretty satisfied with the GB I have now. I admit I'm a lil disappointed with Sony pulling the plug on the Xperia PLAY. But hell, I'm contented with my GB. I don't think I can stand a day with my phone showing off epic UI but can't even properly play my games. After all, the PLAY was supposed to show off with games, not some fancy UI. End of story.

I see your point, however, I would assure you, it isn't just about the fancy UI or any aesthetics alone. Which most people keep trying to defend with, saying people are butthurt cuz they didn't get some fancy UI and/or too dumb to get a custom rom. However, that is the least of the issue at hand.

Reactions: LordBattleBeard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its threads like these that are making me loose faith in most of the Xplay community.
    Thread closed. All discussion regarding ICS on Play go in the sticky.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
    picarddoublefacepalm.jpg
    Boycott???

Please, grow up.
    Boycott???

Please, grow up.
    Always bound to hit a nerve with some fanboys. Come again :)

Erm......no! Grow up. So we don't get one meaningless update. Why is this bothering people so much? If Sony didn't announce that we were getting it, people wouldn't care. There's still gonna be custom ICS roms, so what's the problem?

What's worse are the babies who say they're never buying Sony phones again. Over one update? Ok, by all means give up on the best make of phones over one little update.
    If your fine with the news, good for you, im glad. As it happens, some of us aren't, that's ok also... see how that works?
    You need to realize that not everyone shares your every opinion or view on some things, deal with it :rolleyes:

Yes Mr Wolf, boycott.
    I am not boycotting Sony, but ppl who do have reason, the Other OS PS3 thing, the X10 eclair/froyo thing, and now this.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2
    This. Though you forgot to mention the YLOD on the original phat PS3s.

Other OS on PS3 annoyed the hell outta me. Due to not having a laptop at the time my PS3 became my desktop. Then they removed it...Then my PS3 broke

Then I started using OnLive instead :) well, abusing the 30min Free Trials XD

Still, I'm not boycotting. Sony have a good reason for not updating. However, I do think they should release the code that they have now so that devs can work on it some more for people who want it.
    Me, I'm sticking to Gingerbread...Makes my games work :)
    No ones forcing anyone to join the boycott mate. Your entitled to your own views on the matter and I respect that.
    As for Sony releasing their source for it, I'd say there is more chance in Syria stop killing their own people. Not very likely in other words.