Beanstalk for m8

Search This thread

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
So I have got beanstalk built for the m8. It has an issue and the camera does not work. I know where the fix for this is but my build errors out when I use that fix. I am just wondering how many would be interested and would like me to start a thread for it. I will be working on getting camera working and getting it as smooth as I can but it actually runs pretty dang good. Let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
So I flashed it then gapps an every app I installed from playstore opened screen flashed 2 app closed. I'm going to try an new set of gapps an try again. I did flash ROM twice an same result. Anyone else flash this yet?

pimpmaneaton

So I flashed it then gapps an every app I installed from playstore opened screen flashed 2 app closed. I'm going to try an new set of gapps an try again. I did flash ROM twice an same result. Anyone else flash this yet?

Sorry I'm not sure. I use liquid 5.8 gapps. If it is an app that uses the camera will probably have an issue until I get it to build properly with the m8 specific display repo that liquid has. I'm working in it.

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Sorry I'm not sure. I use liquid 5.8 gapps. If it is an app that uses the camera will probably have an issue until I get it to build properly with the m8 specific display repo that liquid has. I'm working in it.

No need to be sorry bro.
I'll download those an let you know....does Dropbox use the camera somehow? That was one that wouldn't work just to name one. Just curious

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit

Ok so I re flashed an the error I posted was totally on my end... I must have smoke one to me as I was flashing my 4.4.3 gapps. An with the correct gapps everything went as expected....probably why I had hella time getting playstore to open. Lol. So here is what I have to report

Sms/MMS work over WiFi/4g perfect as long as you don't set you limit over 1200.

Also you can pick pictures out of gallery to send to text just can't open camera as we all ready now..

Unlike some non sense ROMs my lte is surprisingly very strong an stable..also no issues during phone calls I have made least 25 not one echo not one drop nothing very clear.

All sounds work great...besides I can't get sound to play for my message app for nothing. Phone rings fine...any idea what I can try for text sound? Haven't tried it on hangouts yet.

Music plays in my car fine thru my HTC stereo clip(Bluetooth)

I really like all the choices in the settings.

Is there anything else in question you would like to have some input back on? I'll be running this all weekend to see if it has what it takes to become a DD...I have to say best thing I've ever downloaded from someone's dropbox. Lol

UPDATE
EDIT SLOVED SMS/MMS NO SOUND. EVERY TIME I PICK A RINGTONE TO USE IT DONT STICK BUT I PICKED LILLY AN JUST DID A REBOOT RT FROM THERE AN IT NOW IS WORKING....HAVE NO CLUE WHY BUT IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS ISSUE TRY THAT...

Sent from my VZW RED HTC M8

Last edited:
Reactions: BadUsername

pimpmaneaton

Ok so I re flashed an the error I posted was totally on my end... I must have smoke one to me as I was flashing my 4.4.3 gapps. An with the correct gapps everything went as expected....probably why I had hella time getting playstore to open. Lol. So here is what I have to report

Also you can pick pictures out of gallery to send to text just can't open camera as we all ready now..

Unlike some non sense ROMs my lte is surprisingly very strong an stable..also no issues during phone calls I have made least 25 not one echo not one drop nothing very clear.

All sounds work great...besides I can't get sound to play for my message app for nothing. Phone rings fine...any idea what I can try for text sound? Haven't tried it on hangouts yet.

Is there anything else in question you would like to have some input back on? I'll be running this all weekend to see if it has what it takes to become a DD...I have to say best thing I've ever downloaded from someone's dropbox. Lol

UPDATE
EDIT SLOVED SMS/MMS NO SOUND. EVERY TIME I PICK A RINGTONE TO USE IT DONT STICK BUT I PICKED LILLY AN JUST DID A REBOOT RT FROM THERE AN IT NOW IS WORKING....HAVE NO CLUE WHY BUT IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS ISSUE TRY THAT...

Great feed back thank you. I have tried about 20 different combinations of trying to get it to build with this fix for camera and videos and just refuses. It may be an issue where beanstalk source is 19 days behind cm.

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Great feed back thank you. I have tried about 20 different combinations of trying to get it to build with this fix for camera and videos and just refuses. It may be an issue where beanstalk source is 19 days behind cm.

After you get the camera going this will be one of the top notch ROM I have tried them all an so far this early build is better then most all ROMs of this kind...I haven't messed with cm..do you know if they r having or not having camera issues?

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

An something else that you should note in your op a very solid an works great FM radio as many people want this an don't have it working on there current ROM. Loving the darkstalk...ok that's enough from me till someone else comments lol

mike_augie

Apr 25, 2012
I agree been running for a few hours , .. ran bean on my DNA and loved it .. camera is about the only issue I have ran into so far ... cant wait until its fixed ..

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Just wondering bout any progress on your camera issue? I'm using this when around the house an would like to use this as my DD once fixed...not asking for eta just to be clear.

TheNewNEXUS

Jan 16, 2014
Elkhorn
Insert Coin Rom

Bean stalk is an Aosp rom, however Insert Coin is not. Get it if you want buttery smoothness on sense.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I have got beanstalk built for the m8. It has an issue and the camera does not work. I know where the fix for this is but my build errors out when I use that fix. I am just wondering how many would be interested and would like me to start a thread for it. I will be working on getting camera working and getting it as smooth as I can but it actually runs pretty dang good. Let me know what you guys think.

BOOYA!..........FULLY WORKING BUILD BUILT FROM SOURCE IS UPLOADING RIGHT NOW! I am going to create a new thread in the Verizon One M8 Android Development Thread. Cam and all is working......
    Uploading to my Dropbox now and will post here until I get the camera issue ironed out.

UPDATE