Exciting new ROM and maybe compiling it for this device?

Search This thread

Snepsts

Apr 16, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Hello G Pro users.
So as some of you may know, I sort of have a little bit of experience compiling ROMs and kernels. It's not a lot, but it's enough to get something done. Anyways, I learned of an exciting new project started by some promising devs: http://www.venturerom.com/. This is hopefully going public soon, and I hope I can get it to work for our device (even though it'll be unofficial). AOSPA based and everything. It is aimed at battery life and features. All I have to say is WOW. It looks great :)
Any thoughts? I love Bliss, Beanstalk, Carbon, and PAC. But there is ALWAYS more room for ROMs on our device IMO.
Plus Carbon is currently going under L changes, so I cannot update that for a while, these guys are pushing for 4.4.4, which means solid working project! Yay!
If you haven't tried custom ROMs yet, or just AOSP for that matter, I highly suggest you give it a try. Best Android experience IMHO.

Snepsts

Apr 16, 2014
St. Louis, MO
They released RC1 last night and it should be out tonight :)
I don't think they'd have wanted me to release it beforehand. Keep your eyes peeled :)

oVeRdOsE.

Sep 19, 2011
MTL
Having multiple rom is cool, but in my opinion the best thing is having optimized popular rom such as slimrom.

Now our device is powerful enough to handle all roms and all market app for now.
Bun in 2-3 years, I think optimized rom will appreciated.

In example, lot of user still using HTC desire and desire Z, even with a stock 800mhz single processor and 512mb ram, because great dev port 4.4.4 rom in the proper way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello G Pro users.
    So as some of you may know, I sort of have a little bit of experience compiling ROMs and kernels. It's not a lot, but it's enough to get something done. Anyways, I learned of an exciting new project started by some promising devs: http://www.venturerom.com/. This is hopefully going public soon, and I hope I can get it to work for our device (even though it'll be unofficial). AOSPA based and everything. It is aimed at battery life and features. All I have to say is WOW. It looks great :)
    Any thoughts? I love Bliss, Beanstalk, Carbon, and PAC. But there is ALWAYS more room for ROMs on our device IMO.
    Plus Carbon is currently going under L changes, so I cannot update that for a while, these guys are pushing for 4.4.4, which means solid working project! Yay!
    If you haven't tried custom ROMs yet, or just AOSP for that matter, I highly suggest you give it a try. Best Android experience IMHO.