d2-tmo/att/vzw-ICS/JB[017]kernel for AOSP/AOKP/CM9/10.1 ROMs[Mar-12] + FauxSound

Search This thread

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
It's been five months. He's abandoned this kernel for some reason. Claiming cm isn't stable is no longer an excuse so what's the deal faux I bought your apps give us some love sheesh

Its all about the dollar. If he isn't seeing the demand(money) he doesn't update. Theirs no excuse and that was bs from the begining.. Sad

infected sgh-t999

Sigh. You don't know the background and spewing BS. I was having extreme instability with cm with my phone. It would randomly reboot on my desk. I've submitted several bug reports to cy the man himself in a private irc channel but the bug is only happening to a few people. This left me no choice to test at all.

I've already stated in another thread I will do cm 10.2 when it's official before your posts.

Also I just updated all the tw kernels (for which I can test).

I do the kernel for free. I don't owe you anything to get this kind of malicious personal attacks from you.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
I am using the"jellybeans" rom for the verizon galaxy but I don't really think it's the rom because I tried this with stock TW and the same camera problem happened, how bout you

Jellybeans is a touchwiz ROM bro, this is for AOSP based Roms. And even if you plan on switching to AOSP, stay away from this kernel as it is incompatible with newer Roms

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

chadcspencer

So I love my FauxSound and I'm not willing to give it up. I currently am on a rom that's based on stock. I really want to try CM 10.1.2 or 10.1.3 RC, but I am holding off because of fauxsound support. Will this kernel work, with CM 10.1, or not? It's cool if not, I appreciate all the work regardless. The thread just seems to be sending some mixed signals so I wanted to have some clarification. Thanks...

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
So I love my FauxSound and I'm not willing to give it up. I currently am on a rom that's based on stock. I really want to try CM 10.1.2 or 10.1.3 RC, but I am holding off because of fauxsound support. Will this kernel work, with CM 10.1, or not? It's cool if not, I appreciate all the work regardless. The thread just seems to be sending some mixed signals so I wanted to have some clarification. Thanks...

No, it will not work with any AOSP out here right now. This kernel is based on Linux kernel 3.0 and all AOSP Roms right now are 3.4

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wardawn

Jul 25, 2012
Faux do you have any plans to update this kernel? I just switched from wicked rom due to the thread being closed to Pacman rom and would love to flaah your kernel again

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Faux do you have any plans to update this kernel? I just switched from wicked rom due to the thread being closed to Pacman rom and would love to flaah your kernel again

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

No doubt. I just came here looking for a Faux kernel for AOSP S3. Looks like it hasn't been updated in several months. So not likely to be 4.3 compatible.
:crying:

dark_intel

Jan 15, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I've been waiting since March for an update. Bought his apps in anticipation. He didn't like Linux 3.4 so I'm pretty sure S3 is dead to him.

Xda I747

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
Hi @faux123,

Considering we have the 4.3 official update in place, can we have the next big update for the Faux Kernel? Please don't treat this as an ETA request, just heads-up that users are expecting the update sooner than later. lol :silly:

The faux kernel with faux123 kernel enhancement app is the best combo

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

**************** JELLY BEAN ****************
    [ kernel file ]
    d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Mainline (OC'ed up to 1.62 GHz, should be 100% stable) m-version
    d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Ultimate (OC'ed up to 1.84 GHz, should be stable with most phones) u-version

http://faux.androidro.ms/d2tmo/jb42/
    http://faux.androidro.ms/d2vzw/jb42/

**************** ICE CREAM SANDWICH ****************
    [ kernel file ]
    The File ==> d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Mainline (OC'ed up to 1.62 GHz, should be 100% stable) <==

The File ==> d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Ultimate (OC'ed up to 1.84 GHz, should be stable with most phones <==

1. download the above file (via phone directly or to a PC)
    2. copy the downloaded zip file to /sdcard/download/
    3. Open ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery" and select "OK"
    4. Once in recovery, select "wipe cache partition", select "Yes", then select "advanced", then select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", then select "Yes" again. Once finished, click the back button to go back to the main recovery menu. On that menu, select "Install Zip From SDCad", then select "Choose zip from SDCard", then go to /sdcard/download and select the downloaded zip file and let it run its script.
    5. Once the script is done, select "reboot system now"

Note: After FLASHING, the first reboot may take longer than usual, please be patient... After the first reboot, it may lag during initial load (let everything finish loading). Once everything is loaded and phone is ready for use, reboot the phone a 2nd time and the lag will be gone and everything should be silky smooth...

[ Advanced Users: ]

[ Optional: ]

[ For Kernel Devlopers ONLY: ]

Not All CHIPS ARE CREATED EQUAL

Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

My github Complying with GPL and RootzWiki rulez
    biggrin.png

Follow me on :

If you find this Kernel useful, feel free to hit the [Thanks] button below
    Quick Announcement:

I am redoing ALL of my SGS3 kernels.. please be patient.. "I'll be back" quoting ARRRRnold!
    Updated! CM 10.1 kernels are out!