[Q] Help Disabling Power Button?

Search This thread

VinBertinelli

Jul 30, 2012
Staten Island
My GS3's power button is jammed and i rebinded holding the home button down to turn off the screen. If I move the device or slightly touch the power button it thinks its being held down. I'm running a CM11 nightly, is there anyway i can edit a file and disable the button all together?

scorchedsky

Aug 28, 2012
Try the xposed module Xposed Additions - you can rebind press/long press of the power button to do nothing.

Alternatively, you could edit the key files directly - check system/usr/keylayout, and open sec_keys.kl with a text editor and put a # in front of the power key line. You might have to comment out the power key line in generic.kl too, then reboot and power button will be totally disabled.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: VinBertinelli

therobut

Jan 15, 2014
Cincinnati
N
My GS3's power button is jammed and i rebinded holding the home button down to turn off the screen. If I move the device or slightly touch the power button it thinks its being held down. I'm running a CM11 nightly, is there anyway i can edit a file and disable the button all together?

I had this same problem on my gs3 a few months ago. It is a hardware problem, not caused by your rom.

What I did, is I found a guide ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1867253 ) that walked me through flashing everything back to stock. I then took it to the store, and they hooked me up with a replacement.

The guy at the counter had never seen it before, but it was clear that it was a hardware malfunction, and therefore not my fault.

Maybe you can do the same

EDIT: added link for reference

Last edited:

VinBertinelli

Jul 30, 2012
Staten Island
I had this same problem on my gs3 a few months ago. It is a hardware problem, not caused by your rom.

What I did, is I found a guide (use Google, I can't remember where it was) that walked me through flashing everything back to stock. I then took it to the store, and they hooked me up with a replacement.

The guy at the counter had never seen it before, but it was clear that it was a hardware malfunction, and therefore not my fault.

Maybe you can do the same

I would do this as well but I don't think I can flash the unsecure bootloader on the replacement.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

I read it some where on this by ThePagel, he smacked his phone button against some hard plastic object and it fixed the button issue. I suggest to wrap your phone with a towel then smack the button against a wood table....do it at your own risk!! and ThePagel can chime in if you like..

VinBertinelli

Jul 30, 2012
Staten Island
Try the xposed module Xposed Additions - you can rebind press/long press of the power button to do nothing.

Alternatively, you could edit the key files directly - check system/usr/keylayout, and open sec_keys.kl with a text editor and put a # in front of the power key line. You might have to comment out the power key line in generic.kl too, then reboot and power button will be totally disabled.

I just downloaded that module and when I press add new button, it asks me to press it but it doesn't receive the input, the button just does what it normally does. Is this because I'm on kitkat?

rsswga

Jun 18, 2010
bowdon
I'm gonna have to say its a software glitch for the power button. Its happen to me before. Wipe data and cache is the only thing that fixed it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.