[HELP THREAD][FAQ][LINKs]NO question is stupid.

Search This thread

I r o n M a n

Feb 9, 2012
New Delhi
Great thread.

I was just wondering, When I flashed CM10.1, my sd card became "sdcard0" from "sdcard"
I remember reading somewhere that game data doesn't read when this happens.
What exactly is this change to "sdcard0" and why?

Prawesome

Sep 26, 2011
Error 404- Not found
Re: [HELP THREAD][NEWBIE FRIENDLY]NO question is stupid.

Great thread.

I was just wondering, When I flashed CM10.1, my sd card became "sdcard0" from "sdcard"
I remember reading somewhere that game data doesn't read when this happens.
What exactly is this change to "sdcard0" and why?

A quick Google search brought me this
http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/35541/why-did-sdcard-turn-into-sdcard-0-with-4-2
Tl;dr, its caused by the multi user function
Incase you need more information on it, just search "sdcard0 android" Lots of information on it

le random signature o.o

Reactions: I r o n M a n

teeteeboo

Feb 11, 2013
memory 0kb/0kb

Hi,
I have a problem. I wanted to install a game on my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 i8160P but it kept saying that I don't have sufficient memory. I know that the problem with Ace 2 and some other android devices is, that the phone has its own "sd memory" and doesn't support installations directly to external SD card unless it's rooted and something else must be done. I successfully rooted my phone and then downloaded SwapSD app to exchange internal preferred memory with external SD card, but after pressing "SWAP" and rebooting the device my phone keeps showing me that there is no SDcard plugged (even though it is) and memory storage keeps showing the following:

system storage: x/1,20GB (x stands for any number)
storage usb: 0,00B/0,00B
SD card: 0,00B/0,00B

Since swapSD was installed either in storage usb or sd card, i can't run it so I can undo it. I can't download any application and install it.

Can anyone help me to restore the memory? :(

nevthinking

Aug 27, 2012
Phone got bricked, unable to flash with odin

I'm reasonably familiar with flashing custom roms and I was trying to install a new kernel (Rafael baugis) for my stock rom.

Instead of flashing the boot.img file before the module, I accidentally flashed the two files via CWM recovery in the reverse order.

Now my phone got stuck at the model name screen. When I switched on in recovery instead of stock recovery it loaded CWM as default(I was running cwm from stock recovery using a .zip file earlier) and I could not flash any other ROMs i had from the sdcard at the time . Seeing this I tried to flash stock ROM via odin (like I do everytime I manage to install a faulty ROM/kernel) but after the reset is complete the phone again goes into a bootloop.

When I tried again I noticed that after resetting phone before rebooting the phone had showed an error message that the /data partition is not mounted.
I tried to mount the partition from CWM but I get a message "unable to mount /data partition"

I don't know what to do to get my phone working/ flashable via odin again.

Please help!

vincz27

Sep 30, 2012
Batanags-Los Baños
Re: [HELP THREAD]Ask ANY Question here! Noob/Newbie friendly.[ACE/ACEi/ACE2]

help any one can help me my phone is always randomly lossing network signal? what should i do should i flash a new frimware? my ace is from nepal and i am from philippine and using philippine netwok (globe/tm) can anyone help me!!!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

El_Dark

Dec 13, 2012
Santiago
Hi guys, I've CREED ROM installed in my Ace (S5830M or i), and sometimes I just can't call, it takes quite a few minutes, sometimes a bit more than an hour to launch a single call!!!! As a note, this used to happen to me with stock and debranded rom too, it happens with either one at random times...

Anyone else has experienced this issue on their phone?

Prawesome

Sep 26, 2011
Error 404- Not found
Last edited:

imboy25

Nov 1, 2012
Manila

Just for the sake of helping this guy. Hehe, try flashing the latest firmware from sammobile.com... Flash the firmware for the Phils, it might solve your problem.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: El_Dark and vincz27

alex_is_the_1

Nov 22, 2012

I have a 5830m which works fine without a sim card, but once I put my working active one in in it constantly roams. How can I fix the radio or csc? Its actually a 5830m which I flashed after bricking. I used a stock 5830i firmware to unbrick it. Can anyone help? I've tried flashing a different csc. An open carrier stock rom but nothing helps. I'm on cellular one network it seems to be stuck on at&t network. What can I do?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Prawesome

Sep 26, 2011
Error 404- Not found

I have a 5830m which works fine without a sim card, but once I put my working active one in in it constantly roams. How can I fix the radio or csc? Its actually a 5830m which I flashed after bricking. I used a stock 5830i firmware to unbrick it. Can anyone help? I've tried flashing a different csc. An open carrier stock rom but nothing helps. I'm on cellular one network it seems to be stuck on at&t network. What can I do?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Guys, this thread has been merged with KingAce's help thread. This thread currently does not support other devices such as the AceI and Ace2, but ONLY the Samsung Galaxy Ace
So kindly ask your questions in the respective Q&A sections. We will be making a help thread for the said devices also, so stay tuned
Thanks for understanding :)

le random signature o.o

:)

alex_is_the_1

Nov 22, 2012
My acei used the same aceginger root to gain super user privileges as my ace. Just like you said though different chipset. Broadcom. :(

Sent from my TB782B using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Guys, this thread has been merged with KingAce's help thread. This thread currently does not support other devices such as the AceI and Ace2, but ONLY the Samsung Galaxy Ace
    So kindly ask your questions in the respective Q&A sections.
    Ace 2 help thread- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2146002
    AceI help thread- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2089279

Hey guys,

Hopefully,this will help reduce the large number of "My phone is bricked,please help me" threads :)

Feel free to ask any question regarding the ace and we will try to answer your question.

If anyone is found to be abusing new members for asking questions in this thread, they will be reported!

Thread index:
    2nd post- FAQ
    3rd post- Useful links

Moderator list:

There are 9 moderators assigned to this section. If incase a member tries to bully you, don't hesitate to contact them.

Hall of Fame:

The idea with the Hall of Fame is that, the most contributing(helpful) members will be added to the OP. :)
    KingAce
    121C4

Credits:
    KingAce for his great help
    undercover for the help thread idea
    RC Community​
    [HELP THREAD]Ask ANY Question here! Noob/Newbie friendly.[ACE/ACEi/ACE2]

NOTE : No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! No question is stupid in this thread.

undercover said:
    There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions. Idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself

Orginal idea by Undercover, as quote implies.

Ask ANY Question here, no matter how noobish you feel it is, You will either get a direct answer or will get pointed in the right direction. :)

BUT, I strongly advise you read this before you post!

XDA New user guide - Getting started on XDA by mf2112

Anyone and Everyone can ask/answer questions here. :)
    Allright, if you've read it, go on and check out POST #2 for links to useful threads, some may already have the answer to your question, so have a look first ;)
    Hello all, I just installed the latest GingerReal and have 2 problems
    1) Viber doesn't work, I get a black screen and than a wait/force close window. I reflashed the ROM to no use...

2) the arabic patch on there forum is broken and the forum is closed so I couldn't ask about it

I was on a cyanogen mod 7 ROM but it was slow. I'm looking strictly for speed and stability over everything else.

If you feel cyanogenmod is slow then go buy a SGSIII.
    :cool:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
    Im on Apocolypse ROM.. Im having a prob problem with Whatsapp. this is true for all ROMs. Im losing connection to whatsapp on GPRS. Not always but most of the time. It works fine on Wi-fi. On GPRS everything else works except for whatsapp.. Switching MobileData off and then on again resolves this. But i cant keep doing it all the time. Also i dont know when it stops responding and hence lose imp msgs sometimes.. any help will be appreciated..
    Problem with Network.Its caused by ****ty net connections in India :mad: If you need to update WhatsApp,then you need to send some message,only then will WhatsApp update itself.Even i had this problem too :(
    Hello Guys.

I'm new to all this and have tried to read as much as I can before coming to ask for your help.

My ACE has the new CM7.2-DEMOCRACY™ NT EDITION [04.11.12] [FireKernel OC] ROM installed, which has the 1.2.6 Holo Launcher as default but I have a problem. The "ICS type Search Widget" that can be activated BESIDES the normal Google Search Widget just shows a blank space and it does not work at all. It does not show the translucent "Google" in the left or the little translucent microphone on the right. When I press on it, absolutely nothing happens. If I activate the normal Google Search widget, it works perfectly.

I have re-flashed the ROM several times but have had no luck. Might this be a problem with Holo Launcher 1.2.6?

I have tried searching the forums for a solution but so far have found nothing. If there is a thread that might help, I would really appreciate it if you could point me in it's direction.

For any help you might provide, I thank you in advance.

Happer.- ?8^P

Install VoiceSearch.apk.