[Q] Which variant is my S3?

Search This thread

princesohail

Dec 21, 2013
Hi everyone.
I know it is very silly question but i am very confused.
I bought a S3 with 2GB RAM and LTE. I am not sure that it is i9305 or SHV210s.
SHV210s variant has an antenna but my cell does not have it, so i thought it is i9305 but when i go to download mode (using volume down+home+power keys) it shows its model as SHV210s.
how can i be sure about my cell's variant because i want to install custom ROM on it???

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
Hi everyone.
I know it is very silly question but i am very confused.
I bought a S3 with 2GB RAM and LTE. I am not sure that it is i9305 or SHV210s.
SHV210s variant has an antenna but my cell does not have it, so i thought it is i9305 but when i go to download mode (using volume down+home+power keys) it shows its model as SHV210s.
how can i be sure about my cell's variant because i want to install custom ROM on it???

You should post it in I9305 thread.
Anyway, check the sticker beneath the battery + settings->about phone -> model number

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

princesohail

Dec 21, 2013
i think sticker is fake because it says i9300.
stock or custom rom of i9300 was installed in it when i purchased,
in settings->about phone -> model number was also showing as i9300,
then i installed stock rom of shv210s (stock rom of i9300 and i9305 was failed to install) ,now it is showing shv210s.

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
Run cpu-z app and upload its screenshots

princesohail

Dec 21, 2013
Actually i want to install a custom ROM based on 4.4.2, but when i googled i found that every model/firmware has its own custom ROM.
if there is any method to install custom ROM without knowing model/firmware, then please suggest me.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Actually i want to install a custom ROM based on 4.4.2, but when i googled i found that every model/firmware has its own custom ROM.
if there is any method to install custom ROM without knowing model/firmware, then please suggest me.

No of course not wrong rom can totally brick your phone with no recovery .
You should revert to stock firmware and read the faqs and guides before any custom roms before your ignorance gives you a phone that requires a new motherboard .

princesohail

Dec 21, 2013
No of course not wrong rom can totally brick your phone with no recovery .
You should revert to stock firmware and read the faqs and guides before any custom roms before your ignorance gives you a phone that requires a new motherboard .

stock rom of sgh210s (installed on my cell) is annoying. too much unusable apps. most annoying thing is that it limits sms to only 160 alphabits/digits, when it exceeds sms is converted to MMS. is there any solution of this?

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
stock rom of sgh210s (installed on my cell) is annoying. too much unusable apps. most annoying thing is that it limits sms to only 160 alphabits/digits, when it exceeds sms is converted to MMS. is there any solution of this?

Root the stock ver, install Xposed framework & use wanamXposed

Reactions: Orel1996

Top Liked Posts