[Q] "Your sim car does not allow a connection to this server"PLEASE HELP

Search This thread

SickSkillz22

May 15, 2014
HI everyone im new here but I wanted to see If I can get help with this issue.So basically 2 weeks ago I bought a Note 2 T889 from Craigslist:confused:.Everything checked out fine(except for not having wifi but fixed it by flashing a custom rom) but anyways I went to Tmobile and got a prepaid plan.Everything was working fine until suddenly I lost all service(CALLING,WIFI etc).So I went back to my mobile setting to register it back to Tmobile but It kept saying"Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network"after many trys i had a feeling the owner reported it lost/stolen.So I went on the Tmobile Imei checker page to find out it was blocked with a bad imei reported lost/stolen.I tried contacting the owner but i was unable to get in contact with him.Without much funds left i went to Best Buy and bought a Simple Mobile $40 starter kit plan too see if that would work but once i inserted the sim card i was getting the same message "not able to connect to network message" so i read online i could unlock it so what i did i downgraded to android 4.1.1 and unlocked it via the *#197328640# method and inserted a AT&T sim card and was not able to connect to the network and got the "Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network" notification again.I've played around with settings and roms and havent had any success.I dont have funds for another phone and im waiting for a call back for a job so i really need to take care of this issue.Im on stock 4.1.1 rom and have tried Tmobile,Simple Mobile,At&T and Metropcs sim cards and still not able to connect to anynetwork.I really want to get this fixed but i have no idea what to do know.My last resort would be going the Imei hacking route which i know is not correct but i have limited funds.Someone please help!!!!!!

I

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
HI everyone im new here but I wanted to see If I can get help with this issue.So basically 2 weeks ago I bought a Note 2 T889 from Craigslist:confused:.Everything checked out fine(except for not having wifi but fixed it by flashing a custom rom) but anyways I went to Tmobile and got a prepaid plan.Everything was working fine until suddenly I lost all service(CALLING,WIFI etc).So I went back to my mobile setting to register it back to Tmobile but It kept saying"Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network"after many trys i had a feeling the owner reported it lost/stolen.So I went on the Tmobile Imei checker page to find out it was blocked with a bad imei reported lost/stolen.I tried contacting the owner but i was unable to get in contact with him.Without much funds left i went to Best Buy and bought a Simple Mobile $40 starter kit plan too see if that would work but once i inserted the sim card i was getting the same message "not able to connect to network message" so i read online i could unlock it so what i did i downgraded to android 4.1.1 and unlocked it via the *#197328640# method and inserted a AT&T sim card and was not able to connect to the network and got the "Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network" notification again.I've played around with settings and roms and havent had any success.I dont have funds for another phone and im waiting for a call back for a job so i really need to take care of this issue.Im on stock 4.1.1 rom and have tried Tmobile,Simple Mobile,At&T and Metropcs sim cards and still not able to connect to anynetwork.I really want to get this fixed but i have no idea what to do know.My last resort would be going the Imei hacking route which i know is not correct but i have limited funds.Someone please help!!!!!!

I

You may not have unlocked the device properly.

The main issue I see is that you are trying to use a blacklisted phone. That phone is blacklisted for the whole country (including AT&T's network) not just Tmo.

And you are right, IMEI hacking is wrong.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

SickSkillz22

May 15, 2014
You may not have unlocked the device properly.

The main issue I see is that you are trying to use a blacklisted phone. That phone is blacklisted for the whole country (including AT&T's network) not just Tmo.

And you are right, IMEI hacking is wrong.

I was going to try Straight Talk but at this point im not sure if I should even waste my money.I just thought for some reason unlocking it would let me use it on another network but I guess now they Ban it from all networks im guessing.If I dont find a solution than I guess ill have to pay someone on ebay to repair the imei.BTW how do I know if its fully unlocked since im not prompted to enter any unlock code when I insert a non tmobile sim card.

Last edited:

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
I was going to try Straight Talk but at this point im not sure if I should even waste my money.I just thought for some reason unlocking it would let me use it on another network but I guess now they Ban it from all networks im guessing.If I dont find a solution than I guess ill have to pay someone on ebay to repair the imei.BTW how do I know if its fully unlocked since im not prompted to enter any unlock code when I insert a non tmobile sim card.

If the sim card is not based on tmo's network, and you are running a TW ROM, and you are not getting the prompt - unlocked.

I encourage you to avoid attempting an IMEI "repair". It may be physically possible, but it's not ethical. Don't let your mistake of buying a phone from a scumbag turn *you* into a scumbag.

The carriers don't block IMEIs for no reason. Either the phone was not paid for, or it was outright stolen. Other people have an actual ownership or unfulfilled financial claim to it.

IMEI "repair" is in essence similar to changing the plates on a stolen car so it can be used without catching the eye of the police.

SickSkillz22

May 15, 2014
If the sim card is not based on tmo's network, and you are running a TW ROM, and you are not getting the prompt - unlocked.

I encourage you to avoid attempting an IMEI "repair". It may be physically possible, but it's not ethical. Don't let your mistake of buying a phone from a scumbag turn *you* into a scumbag.

The carriers don't block IMEIs for no reason. Either the phone was not paid for, or it was outright stolen. Other people have an actual ownership or unfulfilled financial claim to it.

IMEI "repair" is in essence similar to changing the plates on a stolen car so it can be used without catching the eye of the police.

It wasnt stolen he just reporeted it lost and scammed me.Im just going to keep it and figure something out.I wont be scamming anyone by selling it unless I clearly state the condition its in.Anyways thanks for the tip.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
It wasnt stolen he just reporeted it lost and scammed me.Im just going to keep it and figure something out.I wont be scamming anyone by selling it unless I clearly state the condition its in.Anyways thanks for the tip.

Go to a Corporate Tmo store with your Bill of Sale and tell them of your predicament.

I've read of such instances ending up with the scammed phone being removed from the blacklist and the douches new phone being put in it's place. Screw that guy. Scumbag shouldn't play the insurance game.

Hell, go to Asurion and let them go after him for insurance fraud.

Just don't let it drop. You are righteous until you drop to that jackhole's level.

SickSkillz22

May 15, 2014
Go to a Corporate Tmo store with your Bill of Sale and tell them of your predicament.

I've read of such instances ending up with the scammed phone being removed from the blacklist and the douches new phone being put in it's place. Screw that guy. Scumbag shouldn't play the insurance game.

Hell, go to Asurion and let them go after him for insurance fraud.

Just don't let it drop. You are righteous until you drop to that jackhole's level.

Dude I called Tmobile and they didnt even care that they were being scammed but again Asurion are the real losers so ill call them and tell them whats going on.

SickSkillz22

May 15, 2014
rgeriu persons

Wow I just called Asurion and they had no idea what to do or less yet care.I straight foward told them that this person was commiting fraud and the lady had no clue or could refer me anywhere.Tmobile or Asurion could care less so now ill have to take a different route to get it working again.:rolleyes: