Screen goes black when call connects

Search This thread

Supashawn

Nov 29, 2013
Tampa
FYI - I am posting this in hopes that my experience may anyone that goes through this same problem. My phone is S-off and rooted.

I recently had to replace my screen. I bought one from ebay. You check it out the link below if you would like.

The digitizer flex cable was a little too long and seemed not be positioned where it should be, (too far left or something like that). I made it work and got my phone back together. The screen worked just fine until I made a phone call; upon connecting the screen turned off and would not turn back on until the call disconnected. I was running Viper DNA 6.0 originally when screen replacement took place. I could not find what I considered to be a solid lead on correcting the problem at first. I downloaded a different ROM, the teamEOS Droid DNA, same result. I searched more and seen in someones response, (unfortunately cant remember who), that they thought it had something to do with the Kernel. I downloaded JamieTheMorris's intelli plug kernel. When making a call the screen would turn off but, a press of the power button would make the screen turn on but, the screen would not respond to my touch. I tried using the recommended settings and that make my phone go haywire. So I wiped everything and downloaded Santod's NuSense SIX KitKat 6.0 and sometimes the screen cuts off when the call connects but, the power button makes the screen turn on and the phone responds to my touch.

I do not at all feel or claim that I have solved the problem of the replacement screen turning off when a call is connected but; due to the use Santod's ROM my phone functions and for now, that is enough for me.

If anyone has any more info on this problem, or is able to figure the problem please post below.

Replacement screen that I used - http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-HTC-Droid-DNA-Front-Panel-LCD-Touch-Glass-Digitizer-Screen-Assembly-OEM-/370828275337?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item5657166e89

Last edited:

mobsterc

Feb 12, 2013
Since it has RED menu buttons, I think this the screen for butterfly, hence the possible difference in positioning. I am not sure, just my 2c.
Does it have Verizon or HTC logo?

Supashawn

Nov 29, 2013
Tampa
Since it has RED menu buttons, I think this the screen for butterfly, hence the possible difference in positioning. I am not sure, just my 2c.
Does it have Verizon or HTC logo?

It has a HTC logo at the top. I know it does not mean too much but; the listing says specifically Droid DNA Verizon, although I was questioning whether that was why the cable was not spot on.