[ROM][5/7] CleanROM ACE 4.9I ★| When You Expect the Finest! | DMC3 Base |★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vash_stanped

Sep 11, 2010
OPORTO
<CscFeature_Message_DisableSmsToMmsConversionByTextInput>TRUE</CscFeature_Message_DisableSmsToMmsConversionByTextInput>
? not sure.. give it a go :)

I've followed this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2033894 but I still can't manage to get it working. Don't really know what I'm doing wrong.

If anyone needs i've used this method - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012770
installed apk and Xposed framework
then installed the Disable SMS to MMS Conversion apk(http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/microdownloads/disable-sms-to-mms-conversion.1/viewfile), enabled it on the xposed apk and works like a charm.

Last edited:

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
No it wouldn't be moot - it would mean that people who didn't set up their own custom CSC folder would still have a much better chance of having their APN available. Then if they want to go all out and do the CSC method, they can. Otherwise at least they have mobile internet after flashing.

true i guess, but that's still something most users aren't capable of setting up themselves (unless you plan on creating a flashable zip for every carrier! ;) ).

Thanks again

No, I would not do that. I think I contribute much more to the XDA community than the average developer.

However, I would be happy to teach... I have a lot of knowledge and no one seems to want to absorb it... Well, not entirely true. There are quite a few devs out there that I helped get started but you know what I mean overall... Its called an "Entitlement Mentality" meaning I am entitled to what I want when I want with no work applied from my side.

"Teach a man to fish and..." (Thats a US saying that may not be used in your specific locale)

The problem is with the website, i also use Chrome but tried with IE and the result is the same... ;)

The problem seems to be related to the fact that we are both from Portugal.

Im from UK with same problem so its not specific to Portugal. I cant see it being specific to software either as the site worked fine a couple of weeks ago. In that time I havn't changed any software. My money is it being to do with a setting on the site.

I'm in the UK as well. The site was inaccessible for a few days for me. It's all good now.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

In here it still doesn't work...

Works fine for me but we wont get into that...

Here is the past 7 days of the top 25 visitors...

Not sure why you guys cant get on...

visits.PNG

Reactions: mikeemoz

lqrt

Jun 11, 2011
Does anyone's music always stop when there is a message received.. Sound / vibration even mute...

vash_stanped

Sep 11, 2010
OPORTO
I'm glad to see it working on the first attempt :D.
Enjoy!

No, I would not do that. I think I contribute much more to the XDA community than the average developer.

However, I would be happy to teach... I have a lot of knowledge and no one seems to want to absorb it... Well, not entirely true. There are quite a few devs out there that I helped get started but you know what I mean overall... Its called an "Entitlement Mentality" meaning I am entitled to what I want when I want with no work applied from my side.

"Teach a man to fish and..." (Thats a US saying that may not be used in your specific locale)

Works fine for me but we wont get into that...

Here is the past 7 days of the top 25 visitors...

Not sure why you guys cant get on...

visits.PNG

"Teach a man to fish and..." We have same saying in Portuguese.
Since Portugal appears there perhaps it's related to ISP and not to country itself . I'm using vodafone right now.

Scott

eddhard

Dec 30, 2009
London ENGLAND
Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Reactions: Scott

omniwolf

Jan 13, 2005
sydney
sorry i'm not sure what you're referring to - are you saying you won't put in the custom CSC option in your installer? Also I'm not sure what any of this has to do with your contributions relative to other developers around here?

I already know how to do this :) I was just making a suggestion to make your ROM more user friendly for people outside of the US/canada. I guess you probably haven't noticed it because selecting your carrier in the Aroma options makes it all magically work for you out of the box. For everyone else it doesn't work, and unless you know the mechanisms behind custom CSC settings/APNs, then you're sh!t outta luck :) My suggestion would make it a bit easier.. but still not as simple as it is for US/Canada carriers.

indeed we do have that saying here, it originated in Britain I believe. I see your point, but by making customised ROMs with Aroma installers you're kinda giving a man a fish, aren't you? ;)
Again, I was just trying to help your ROM be a bit more user friendly - you've gone as far as using a custom Aroma setup, why not go a small step further for localisation of the carrier settings.

Scott

sorry i'm not sure what you're referring to - are you saying you won't put in the custom CSC option in your installer? Also I'm not sure what any of this has to do with your contributions relative to other developers around here?

Yep, thats what I am saying.

Use the ROM as it is. If you dont like it then you dont have to use it. I feel I have done enough. I have no plans to do anything else to the ROM in regards to carriers.

This is now a mute point.

Cuzo

Oct 25, 2008
No cellular connection - Verizon - Mac (using Casual)

CR-ACE-4.7.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience with the ability to choose the features and functions they want, demand performance and expect stability!
  • CleanROM is based on the latest International N7105XXDMB6! Jellybean 4.1.2 Base and is De-Odex!
  • CleanROM works fine with Verizon, AT&T, Rogers and other i317 and 7105 Variants!
  • CleanROM is Fast, Clean, and STABLE!
  • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
  • Support for Newbs and Veterans alike is given at www.scottsroms.com regardless of post count!
  • ACE stands for All Carrier Edition!
  • See Post #2 for very important info!

features.png

• Aroma Installer Options:
    • Boot Animationn Typ: Stock, Custom (See post #2 for more info)
    • Carriers: Verizon, AT&T, Canadian, Generic GT-N7105, T-Mobile
    • Status Bar: Verizon, AT&T, Generic
    • Keyboards: Stock Samsung, Android 4.2, Swype
    • Launchers: Stock TouchWiz, Touchwiz 5x4 layout, TouchWiz 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher, AOSP Launcher
    • File Manager: ES File Explorer or Stock File Manager
    • Google Apps: Play Store, Gmail, Google Now, Maps, Street View for Maps, Talk, YouTube, Play Music, Voice, Google+, Google News and Weather
    • Samsung Apps: S Voice, AllShare, Kies Air, Mobile Print, Group Cast, Samsung Photo Editor, Samsung App Store, Paper Artist
    • Misc Apps: Multi Window Control, Ad Blocking HOST file, Drop Box, Terminal Emulator, Polaris Office 4, Adobe Flash
  • International N7105XXDMB6 Jellybean 4.1.2 Base
  • Multi Window Control to add or remove any app you want!
  • WiFi Tether Unlocked!
  • Unsecure boot image with init.d support!
  • Samsung Find My Mobile capable!
  • Long Press to skip music tracks with screen off!
  • Additional Ringtones and Fonts!
  • Performance and Stability that is nothing short of Legendary!

changes.png

Version 4.7.0 - 4/1/2013
  • Rebuild: Completely rebuilt on N7105XXDMB6
  • Added: Asus TF700 Ringtones
  • Removed: Sound Search
  • Updated: All apps that required it
  • http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39828421#post39828421"]HERE[/URL]

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
  • Copy ROM to storage
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Must wipe data and factory reset in Recovery. Failure to do so waves your "right" to support.
  • Restoring any data from any back up also waves all your right to support. Please don't bother posting in the thread!
  • Flash ROM and Select Options!
  • Reboot to System
  • Profit!

thanks.png

• LegendK95 for his Multi Window Tool!
  • wanam and lidroid!
  • qd2dc and sbryan12144 of TeamBlackout!
  • thisiskindacrap!
  • All the guys that helped beta test

(Tapatalk / XDA App Users use your web browser to see the links or Download from PC!!!!
I dont recommend downloading from a mobile device!)

MD5.png

7838E2627410DDF6B48B35576D884393

I was able to get everything done using casual. However I don't get any type of cellular connection I just get the standard circle with a line through it. I have the SCH-I605 verizon note 2.

I'm completely lost at this moment.

TheDatabug

Mar 28, 2011
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Other people from the countries noted could visit the site without issue. Not sure why the rest of you cant...

I also posted a download link on a different server a few pages back... You can use that just fine.

Thank you for posting the download mirror I have at least now got the latest Rom and its great btw :).

This issue is really irritating me mainly because its something that should be working but isn't. I have no ideas on what could be causing the problem. I tried a traceroute program network-tools.com/ and as far as I can tell this online service could reach ScottsRoms. I contacted some friends across several different ISPs to see what results they get and Scotts Roms was unavailable to all of them.

So far all of these UK ISPs cannot access ScotsRoms (assuming that its an ISP wide issue): O2, Virgin, Orange, I will try some others. Both O2 and Virgin are among the biggest ISPs in the UK.

I should point out as this is interesting. When I tried to access ScottsRoms on my Phone browser I get a message saying this forum can be accessed with Tapatalk or somesuch message but then the page never comes up. However, I think its significant that the message comes up at all as it means that at least some part of the website is being reached but the full site isn't rendered.

Last edited:

omniwolf

Jan 13, 2005
sydney
I was able to get everything done using casual. However I don't get any type of cellular connection I just get the standard circle with a line through it. I have the SCH-I605 verizon note 2.

I'm completely lost at this moment.
yep, you have to manually flash the CSC and APN settings with this ROM. If you're OK using a generic CSC, then find a wifi hotspot and you can download an APN app that installs your APN for you - this will get you mobile internet. If you can't get to a wifi access point, you'll have to pull the APN settings from a website and manually type them in. For CSC settings you'll have to flash them (there's a modem thread here in this forum), but be aware you'll have to factory reset after flashing.

Yep, thats what I am saying.

Use the ROM as it is. If you dont like it then you dont have to use it. I feel I have done enough. I have no plans to do anything else to the ROM in regards to carriers.

This is now a mute point.

Well, I can't use the ROM as it is, I have to make changes. But it seems like you're not interested in my suggestions, so that's fine. I hope you haven't taken any of this as an attack on you or the ROM, I was honestly just trying to help with improving it for non US/Canada users.

btw the term is "moot point", not "mute" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][5/7] CleanROM ACE 4.9I ★| When You Expect the Finest! | DMC3 Base |★

CR-ACE-4.9.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience with the ability to choose the features and functions they want, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest International N7105XXDMC3! Jellybean 4.1.2 Base and is De-Odex!
    • CleanROM works fine with Verizon, AT&T, Rogers and other i317 and 7105 Variants!
    • CleanROM is Fast, Clean, and STABLE!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • Support for Newbs and Veterans alike is given at www.scottsroms.com regardless of post count!
    • ACE stands for All Carrier Edition!
    • See Post #2 for very important info!

features.png

• Keyboards: Stock Samsung, Swype
      • Launchers: Stock TouchWiz, TouchWiz 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher
      • File Manager: ES File Explorer or Stock File Manager, None
      • Google Apps: Play Store, Gmail, Google Now, Maps, Street View for Maps, Talk, YouTube, Play Music, Google News and Weather
      • Samsung Apps: S Voice (Note II), S Voice (S4), AllShare, Kies Air, Mobile Print, Group Cast, Samsung Photo Editor, Samsung App Store, Paper Artist, S4 AccuWeather Widget, S4 Program Monitor
      • Misc Apps: Multi Window Control, Ad Blocking HOST file, Drop Box, Terminal Emulator, Polaris Office 4, Adobe Flash, Verizon Messages, AT&T Messages
    • International N7105XXDMC3 Jellybean 4.1.2 Base
    • WiFi Tether Unlocked!
    • Additional Ringtones and Fonts!

changes.png

Version 4.9.0 - 5/7/2013
    • Rebuilt: All carrier files on latest CSC and RIL for each carrier
    • Rebuilt: 5x6 Launcher properly
    • Added: LiDroid Security Fix
    • Fixed: Volume in Google Voice and other apps for Verizon users
    • Fixed: Test fix for the Verizon GPS issue
    • Updated: Ad blocking host file
    • Updated: Photo Editor, Polaris Office, Play Store, ES File Explorer, Verizon Messaging App, and More!
    • Removed: Battery 100% Full notification
    • Removed: 5x4 Launcher, JellyBean Keyboard, Google Plus, Google Voice (Had to save space)
    • Removed: Speed Dial numbers for Verizon
    • Added: The Following OPTIONAL S4 Apps: S Voice, AccuWeather Widget, Program Monitor Widget
    • Note: CleanROM ACE 4.8 Mods should be compatible!
    • All new posts start HERE!

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Must wipe data and factory reset in Recovery. Failure to do so waves your "right" to support.
    • Restoring any data from any back up also waves all your right to support. Please don't bother posting in the thread!
    • Flash ROM and Select Options!
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

thanks.png

• LegendK95, wanam and lidroid, qd2dc and sbryan12144 of TeamBlackout, thisiskindacrap, mikeyxda!

(Tapatalk / XDA App Users use your web browser to see the links or Download from PC!!!!
    I dont recommend downloading from a mobile device!)

MD5.png

820CDF671C0EBF6CBED40E48647B1903

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)
    usefull.png

About Installation
    • Do NOT flash Mods or Themes unless they say CleanROM ACE 4.7.0 compatible!!!!
    • Clean flashing is the only recommended flashing method! Anything else may lead to problems!
    • If you have problems go back and wipe data and re-flash. Do not report in the thread until you do so!
    • If you fail to wipe Clean or you choose to restore data / apps or anything else from back up apps like Ti Back up you will suffer from a seriously degraded experience!
    • If you flashed a Mod / Theme or Kernel do NOT report any bugs until you wipe Clean and re-flash with only options included in the ROM!
    • Do it by hand or dont do it at all!

Boot Animation Info
    • If you choose Stock Animations then you can use THESE animations!
    • If you choose Custom Animations then you can use THESE animations (or any other you find you like)!

Status Bar Icons
    N2-SB-Icons.png
    CleanROM ACE 4.5 is up!

CR-ACE-4.5.png

features.png

[*]Keyboards: Stock Samsung, Android 4.2, Swype
      • Launchers: Stock TouchWiz, Touchwiz 5x4 layout, TouchWiz 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher, AOSP Launcher
      • File Manager: ES File Explorer or Stock File Manager
      • Google Apps: Play Store, Gmail, Google Now, Maps, Street View for Maps, Talk, YouTube, Play Music, Voice, Google+, Google Sound Search, Google Calendar, Google News and Weather
      • Samsung Apps: S Voice, AllShare, Kies Air, Mobile Print, Group Cast, Samsung Photo Editor, Samsung App Store, Paper Artist
      • Misc Apps: Multi Window Control, Ad Blocking HOST file, Drop Box, Terminal Emulator, Polaris Office 4, Adobe Flash
    • International N7105XXDMA8 Jellybean 4.1.2 Base with Multi-View from Samsung dated 31 Jan 2013!
    • WiFi Tether Unlocked!
    • Zip Align at Boot!

changes.png

CleanROM 4.5 - 2/9/2013
    • Rebuilt: Complete rebuild from N7105XXDMA8 International Base!
    • Rebuilt: Restructured Aroma with more features and flexibility to create a leaner meaner ROM!
    • Added: A few additional fonts.
    • Added: Google Sound Search as option during install!
    • Added: Google Calendar as option during install!
    • Added: Android 4.2 Keyboard as option during install!
    • Added: Android 4.2 Launcher as option during install!
    • Added: Google News and Weather as option during install!
    • Added: Google+ as option during install and fixed Upload settings!
    • Added: Official T-Mobile Carrier!
    • Updated: All Apps that required it!
    • Updated: Host Ad-Blocking HOST File!

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Same ole same ole... You dont wipe clean you risk a seriously degraded experience. However you may get away with just a cache and Dalvik wipe. If you get wierdness... Check the MD5 of the ROM. Do not just keep downloading it over and over.

With that sad...

Enjoy the finest ROM ever produced the Samsung Galaxy Note II!

And remember... If you like it Hit thanks! If you love it hit Donate!

-Scott

PS: Highlighted some of the more prominent changes in Red
    communitymods.png

• Attached: Generic Stock Status bar. Removes lidroid mod and allows Panel Toggles in settings to work correctly. Updated 4/2/2013
    • Thanks to sling, CleanROM ACE 4.8 specific Mods such as call recording and more can be found can be found HERE
    • Battery and Status bar Mods by Tiffany84 can be found HERE. You might just want to check these out!
    • Here is a nice red theme by icedventimocha: [THEME] ReDRuM for CleanROM ACE

If you would like your Mod or Theme posted here then post it in the thread and I will add it.
    I have decided to keep this thread open to people with the GT-N7105 may have there own separate thread.

Thanks!

-Scott