Sailfish OS

Search This thread

champ784

May 31, 2013
Richmond
Nexus 9
Moto G7 Play
Hey guys!

So I know I'm not a developer and all... But I'm sure like most people here, I'm a Linux lover! I've attempted to ditch Windows as much as possible (that may make me a tad more addicted to Linux than a few I suppose), and Android has been one of the loves of my life! As much as I love it though, there are more mobile distros being released this year, one of them being the updated version of Sailfish OS. I've been following it for a bit, and it seems like the perfect way to keep am older phone, like the Blaze, usable. It is supposed to run well on lower-end, single-core devices, and even better on dual-core ones. Jolla, the company developing it, have released the SDK, and have communicated that Android apps can run natively on the platform and that apps age being made for Sailfish OS in order to eventually replace these. The interface looks gorgeous, and it simply makes an average phone look very elegant. I'm unsure of how complicated it would be to get it operating on a phone, whether CWM or a similar recovery could install it, or of it'd be a viable alternative to Android... So I figured why not start a discussion on whether this is doable or not?... Any thoughts guys?

Sent from The Doctor's Nexus 7

chweez

Oct 28, 2013
Sailfish

Yeah, it would be awesome for the blaze to get a sailfish port, probably to dual boot with CM or any other AOSP ROMS. And why not, close relatives to the blaze have successfully dualbooted some ROMS. Anyway, I know how hard it can be to pull that off, but will it be worth it? In my OPINION...YEESS! I hope someone actually does it...:silly: