[Q] Touchless Control Using Bluetooth Mic

Search This thread
May 21, 2010
Riverton, UT
Alright,

I've spent the last couple hours looking for the answer to this problem and haven't had much luck.

I've tried a couple different bluetooth headsets with my Moto X (completely stock), and I can get the multipurpose button to launch Touchless Control without issue. Unfortunately it seems to keep wanting to use the X's microphone rather than the headsets. Voice Search will use the headset mic correctly, so it seems to be something with Touchless Control specifically.

Is this even possible? Am I missing an obvious setting?

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
I think its intentional and I am glad it works this way. In my car I can grab the phone and use touchless control without interacting with a Bluetooth system that is designed to place calls.

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
I don't think a bluetooth mic can be used with touchless control as it would always have to be listening and connected via the bt radio to the Moto X. This would cause more battery drain to the headset and the Moto X as it would always be in the same mode as if you were in a phone call instead of in standby.

May 21, 2010
Riverton, UT
I don't think a bluetooth mic can be used with touchless control as it would always have to be listening and connected via the bt radio to the Moto X. This would cause more battery drain to the headset and the Moto X as it would always be in the same mode as if you were in a phone call instead of in standby.

I'm not too concerned about the "Ok, Google Now" functionality. The multi-function button will launch Touchless Controls without a problem, it just doesn't use the headset mic at that point.

The always-listening functionality of the phone keeps working regardless of bluetooth, I'd just like to have the headset option as well since I often have the phone in my pocket.

conquesoextra

May 2, 2012
I have a Motorola bluethoot and definitely touch less control doesn't work trough him.

s
e5ygutyv.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

BinaryW01f

Dec 24, 2012
I have no problem getting Touchless controls to use my bluetooth mic, I can have my phone charging in the bedroom and be outside and using the feature. Particularly fond of the new "What's Up" feature.

sarshadd

Dec 29, 2010
I have a UClear hbc200 that I use on my motorcycle, and I can get Touchless Control to launch with a button press. This wasn't always the case. Earlier versions of Touchless Control were definitely NOT listening to the BT mic, but the phone's mic instead.

The problem I'm currently having is when Assist reads texts messages or Google Now asks a follow up question, the mic doesn't turn back on. I'm essentially limited to commands that only take one step... :(

gammite

Mar 13, 2007
no issues here with the latest jawbone era. tc works thru bt. but i do have to touch my bt.

roweboat56

Jan 22, 2014
Milwaukee
I have the Motorola HX550 and the call button activates touchless control AND I am able to speak thru the bluetooth mic to ask commands.

(but this didn't work with my original jawbone)