Going back to stock help

Search This thread

scojosmac

Mar 29, 2012
I'm hoping someone / you guys can help me.

Ever since I did the 4.4.2 update, my phone has been brutally slow and killing the battery and overall just a POS. I looked for wakelocks, screen is extremely low etc. I'm just sick of it to be frank. So I'm hoping to wipe everything, format the sd card and completely fresh as if it were a brand new phone.

From spending the last 3 hours researching, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. ( maybe I'm overlooking it with my lack of sleep since we have a 8 week old )

From my understanding, I can't downgrade to an older firmware cause of knox. ( I would love to do this, so then I can root it and put on knoxraid or some other rom so I don't have all this bloatware etc )

Now with that being said, since I can't downgrade, I also can't replace my phone since I can't find the 4.4.2 files to odin my phone. I can find the mj5 files, but not the NC2 ( I think those are it )

Can someone please help me here, my sanity is running thin ( again, lack of sleep )

Thank you in advance.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm hoping someone / you guys can help me.

Ever since I did the 4.4.2 update, my phone has been brutally slow and killing the battery and overall just a POS. I looked for wakelocks, screen is extremely low etc. I'm just sick of it to be frank. So I'm hoping to wipe everything, format the sd card and completely fresh as if it were a brand new phone.

From spending the last 3 hours researching, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. ( maybe I'm overlooking it with my lack of sleep since we have a 8 week old )

From my understanding, I can't downgrade to an older firmware cause of knox. ( I would love to do this, so then I can root it and put on knoxraid or some other rom so I don't have all this bloatware etc )

Now with that being said, since I can't downgrade, I also can't replace my phone since I can't find the 4.4.2 files to odin my phone. I can find the mj5 files, but not the NC2 ( I think those are it )

Can someone please help me here, my sanity is running thin ( again, lack of sleep )

Thank you in advance.

there are no oden files for 4.4.2 you have a couple of things you can try go to settings,general and backup and reset and do a factory reset or go to best buy or a att service center and have them reflash the 4.4.2 firmware

scojosmac

Mar 29, 2012
there are no oden files for 4.4.2 you have a couple of things you can try go to settings,general and backup and reset and do a factory reset or go to best buy or a att service center and have them reflash the 4.4.2 firmware

So to confirm, Best Buy or AT&T can flash it? I pretty much can just go in there and say " Hey can you reflash my phone?" :D

147aaron

So to confirm, Best Buy or AT&T can flash it? I pretty much can just go in there and say " Hey can you reflash my phone?" :D

From what I have heard the employees in the samsung experience shop inside of bestbuy have a tool that can reflash the phone. Make sure to call ahead before you go into the store. Explain to them whats going on and ask them if they are able to reflash the stock version on the phone.

If your phone says that its rooted they are not allowed to do the flash.

If they do not have the software my recommendation would be to contact ATT. Since it is a software issue the phone will be covered without that warranty that you pay monthly for. So they will ship you out a refurbished (like new) phone and then you will send yours to them.

EDIT :
And also the ATT service centers do not have the tool to reflash your phone. Only Samsung has access to that. ATT service center will just give you a number to call to have them ship you out a phone.

Last edited:

scojosmac

Mar 29, 2012
Thank you Aaron, I appreciate it

From what I have heard the employees in the samsung experience shop inside of bestbuy have a tool that can reflash the phone. Make sure to call ahead before you go into the store. Explain to them whats going on and ask them if they are able to reflash the stock version on the phone.

If your phone says that its rooted they are not allowed to do the flash.

If they do not have the software my recommendation would be to contact ATT. Since it is a software issue the phone will be covered without that warranty that you pay monthly for. So they will ship you out a refurbished (like new) phone and then you will send yours to them.

EDIT :
And also the ATT service centers do not have the tool to reflash your phone. Only Samsung has access to that. ATT service center will just give you a number to call to have them ship you out a phone.

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
I've been to Samsung smart station at Best Buy:

1. Being on MLG 442 it said that being up to date it couldn't flash
2. The rep "said" that since it was previously rooted it wouldn't allow the flash anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mixilplic

Apr 16, 2014
there is adb sideload of the ATT OTA update

device must have NB4 or NC2 otherwise update aborted due to expected fingerprint not seen by the OTA such as MLG or MJ5 MI9 MI1

if rooted or not will not matter it's the fingerprint = NB4 or NC2 to get stock 442 OTA

Last edited:

mixilplic

Apr 16, 2014
I've been looking everywhere for this as well, do you have a link?

not certain what i can link ya to..but

for myself dwnlded

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

there are probably more appropriate versions on the forums to install adb to windows seen even one with a GUI being worked on

some youtube videos searched showed setting in DEV mode to turn on usb debugging & change security settings

booted the phone to recovery select adb & plugged in the usb

run adb.exe from a command prompt on windows

got the OTA from thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2686652

hope this helps

ya payz yer moniez an takes yer chanskiz :)

Reactions: zacharyt86

mazdamiata210

Apr 8, 2012
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Thank you in advance.

I was having problems also... Just do a factory reset and then do a wipe in recovery mode and you'll be good to go. I got a brand new phone from AT&T service center, came on MJ5 - I installed some apps and setup the phone before I could get on wifi, updated to kitkat when I got home and I had issues all over again. A simple reset works.

Top Liked Posts