Need help switching to Omnirom!

Search This thread

ip3times

Jun 26, 2014
Hey guys I need some help! So I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II and I am currently on Cyanogen mod (Version: 10.2-20131214-Snapshot-InstallerWPPQ50St0lteatt). I got cyanogen mod by using their simple installer that used to be on the play store. I want to switch to Omnirom but I need step by step instructions to do this. I have CWM. BTW I don't even know if my phone is rooted since I used that simple Cyanogen mod installer. Please Help! Thanks!

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
Root doesn't matter at this point.

Short version: You can download the t0lte (t0lteatt is deprecated) OmniROM installer (and gapps, assuming you want them) to your phone's SD card, reboot to recovery and install both zip files, clear user data and reboot. First reboot will be a bit longer than usual. But I recommend you stick to the longer version below.

Long version:
  1. Backup your apps using Titanium Backup.
  2. Download OmniROM, gapps and SuperSU to your phone's (internal or external) SD card.
  3. Download TWRP (Teamwin Recovery Project, a touchscreen interface recovery) zip file installer to your SD card. This will allow you to update OmniROM through their OpenDelta system, the ROM is able to automatically download small incremental update files for the latest nightly build, notify you that there's an update and install it in one click. (Put your gapps zip in the /sdcard/OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate folder. Mine also has the sensors fix, Xposed framework toggle and one or two other little mods.)
  4. Reboot to CWM recovery.
  5. Install the TWRP zip from SD card
  6. From CWM's advanced menu, reboot recovery. (Or reboot to CM, and recovery again.)
  7. From TWRP, make a full backup.
  8. Once that's done and you're back to the main menu, click "Install" and select the OmniROM zip.
  9. Add the gapps zip
  10. Add the SuperSU zip
  11. Slide to install
  12. Clear user data
  13. Reboot
  14. Proceed with activation, restore your apps and their data.
  15. Enjoy!

Good luck,

Darkshado

Reactions: 06SilveradoZ71

06SilveradoZ71

Jun 29, 2014

Short version: You can download the t0lte (t0lteatt is deprecated) OmniROM installer (and gapps, assuming you want them) to your phone's SD card, reboot to recovery and install both zip files, clear user data and reboot. First reboot will be a bit longer than usual. But I recommend you stick to the longer version below.

Long version:
  2. Download OmniROM, gapps and SuperSU to your phone's (internal or external) SD card.
  3. Download TWRP (Teamwin Recovery Project, a touchscreen interface recovery) zip file installer to your SD card. This will allow you to update OmniROM through their OpenDelta system, the ROM is able to automatically download small incremental update files for the latest nightly build, notify you that there's an update and install it in one click. (Put your gapps zip in the /sdcard/OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate folder. Mine also has the sensors fix, Xposed framework toggle and one or two other little mods.)
  6. From CWM's advanced menu, reboot recovery. (Or reboot to CM, and recovery again.)
  8. Once that's done and you're back to the main menu, click "Install" and select the OmniROM zip.
  9. Add the gapps zip
  10. Add the SuperSU zip
  11. Slide to install
  12. Clear user data
  13. Reboot
  15. Enjoy!

Good luck,

Darkshado

Thanks 4 the help hit thanks

ip3times

Jun 26, 2014
Video?

Thank you so much for the help! I really do appreciate it! Is there any video you could link that gives these instructions but in a video maybe? Just so I don't get confused in the middle of the process. Thanks for the help!

Long version:
  9. Add the gapps zip
  10. Add the SuperSU zip
  11. Slide to install
  12. Clear user data
  13. Reboot
  15. Enjoy!

Good luck,

Darkshado

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Long version:
    9. Add the gapps zip
    10. Add the SuperSU zip
    11. Slide to install
    12. Clear user data
    13. Reboot
    15. Enjoy!

Good luck,

Darkshado