Nook simple touch 1.2.1

Search This thread

nmyshkin

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2013
I've found some open proxy proxy server IP
http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-US.htm
How can I configure this proxy so that the device IP seem to be a US IP? I've a wimax wifi router and android phone having wifi hotspot feature.

I think I must be going brain dead on this thread. I don't know what I was thinking with the proxy. That might be useful for purchasing ebooks from B&N outside the US using a computer, but it's not going to get you anywhere with the Nook because you don't have that kind of control over its innards.

I have been searching around on this issue and am shocked at the number of users from all over the world who claim that their registration outside the US went off without a hitch (they skipped the credit card). I wonder if it's a matter of changes in the firmware. You have 1.21. Most of the posts I've seen are older, 2010, 2011, 2012. Perhaps the older firmwares allowed registration if you tip-toed around the time zone issue. Or, it may be that B&N has made internal server changes since many of those successful registrations and now it can't be done with any firmware version.

The only idea I have now is that something with your internet setup is interfering with the process. Have you tried registering in a public wi-fi setting (internet cafe, etc.)? I guess that is worth a shot. You also might ask the Indian user in the other related thread what firmware s/he started with when registering and how long ago that was. It won't prove anything, but it might point in a potential direction. I've read that it is possible to flash an older firmware and if that's what is needed, then you could pursue that if a public wi-fi network doesn't help.

I have one "wild and crazy" idea but I don't think it will work. If a Nook was registered here in the US and then a backup made using NookManager, theoretically that backup should allow one to "clone" the Nook, i.e., restoring the backup files to another Nook should leave it in a registered state. The reason I don't think it will work is that the serial number must be hard coded into the device (since you are never asked to type it in) and there would be a conflict between the serial number contained in the backup (if there is one--if not, then maybe it would work) and the one on the different Nook.

nmyshkin

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2013
The serial number, MAC address, etc are not hard-coded.
They are in the /rom/devconf directory.

So....my idea of producing a backup for cloning purposes might actually work? That would mean that either a duplicate set of values would exist in the end or that those values could be read from the pre-registered-but-rooted Nook, written down, and then re-written into the cloned Nook (I guess).

sameee781

Feb 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Problem solved after communicating with Nook sales audit team. The devices was blacklisted. They made it whitelisted. After that I got registration success. Thanks a lot everyone to support me by giving suggestion to solve the issue.