Google Drive Videos

Search This thread

primetime34

Jul 18, 2011
I have a handful of videos in my google drive account that I want to stream to my chromecast from my android device. I don't want to do a tab cast from a computer.

If I hold on the video in drive, it gives an option to "open with", so I could choose Avia and play it that way. The problem with that is it requires the entire video file to be downloaded first (not a very function option since I could just download the video first as well).

So, anybody know of a way to stream a video from my drive account to my chromecast? Thanks!

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
I don't know of any way myself (perhaps others do) but I wouldn't expect GDrive to be set up to stream the file at all.

Perhaps this is something that the GPlay Movie app should take into consideration for adding since they do seem intent on integrating all of their services They own all the servers so a request fro GPlay Movie app could redirect the sending of a file to a streaming server that would remove the need to download the file...

I use cloud storage sparingly and usually only to share files to friends family and clients...
I have Plex to serve my media to me wherever I want it.

serviciosmoviles1

Jan 31, 2011
Avia app. Google drive by itself don't have the cast option yet. update: I can stream directly form drive. No download required.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

serviciosmoviles1

Jan 31, 2011
Sorry guys. I was freaking WRONG. I get confused with the icons. I do it with Dropbox. Not with drive

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk