[Guide] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Android

Search This thread

Malyaj

Jan 29, 2014
Lucknow
Here is a N00b friendly Guide for increasing Internal memory of any android device..

PS : In anyway i am not responsible for bricked devices but still i will help you in every possible way.

Requirements :
1) pc
2) rooted android device
3) memory card 4gb+ and class 4+
4) Brain. ( Download Link not available... :p )

This could also Reduce life span of your memory card. ( But i guess its worth for removing out of space notification and problems )

Downloads :

Mini Tool Partition Wizard for PC: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
Link2sd App : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD

Procedure :

Connect your sd card to pc via a card reader. Dont Connect it with Usb mass storage via device!

Open Mini tool partition wizard for pc in Mini tool parition mode.

Go to Your Disc ( sd card ) and right click it and delete it.

Now Right Click on it and click Create.

In the create. Name Anything in partition label ( for ex : Memory Card, You can leave it blank also.) Click Create As and set it from logical to primary. Click file system and set it as Fat32. Now This partition is for your usage, like Songs, videos, etc. Now set its Size. For Example I am using 4 gb memory card. So i will reduce its partition to 3 gb for 1 gb of Internal memory. Set its size to how much you want. ( check out the screenshots attached for more help).

Now you will see one more partition Unallocated in your memory card just below your Fat32 partition.

Right Click the Unallocated Partition, And click create.

Leave the partition label blank. Click Create As and change it to Primary. Click File System and Set it to EXT2. Leave the rest as it is. ( check the screenshot).

Save Changes.

Insert Memory card into the android phone and open Link2SD app.

The App will ask for your second partition. Select ext2 and click ok. Now reboot.

Now open Link2sd. Click on any app say for example Facebook and Click create link. tick all the dialogue boxs that appear next.

Link all the apps and see the difference!! :)

Enjoy! :laugh: IF you liked my first post and i helped Press the thanks button that would be enough! ;)

Last edited:
X

x102x96x

Here is a N00b friendly Guide for increasing Internal memory of any android device..

PS : In anyway i am not responsible for bricked devices but still i will help you in every possible way.

Requirements :
1) pc
2) rooted android device

This could also Reduce life span of your memory card. ( But i guess its worth for removing out of space notification and problems )

Downloads :

Mini Tool Partition Wizard for PC: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

Procedure :

Connect your sd card to pc via a card reader. Dont Connect it with Usb mass storage via device!

In the create. Name Anything in partition label ( for ex : Memory Card, You can leave it blank also.) Click Create As and set it from logical to primary. Click file system and set it as Fat32. Now This partition is for your usage, like Songs, videos, etc. Now set its Size. For Example I am using 4 gb memory card. So i will reduce its partition to 3 gb for 1 gb of Internal memory. Set its size to how much you want. ( check out the screenshots attached for more help).

Now you will see one more partition Unallocated in your memory card just below your Fat32 partition.

Leave the partition label blank. Click Create As and change it to Primary. Click File System and Set it to EXT2. Leave the rest as it is. ( check the screenshot).

Save Changes.

The App will ask for your second partition. Select ext2 and click ok. Now reboot.

Now open Link2sd. Click on any app say for example Facebook and Click create link. tick all the dialogue boxs that appear next.

Enjoy! :laugh: IF you liked my first post and i helped Press the thanks button that would be enough! ;)

or maybe it guide from noob for noobs !
u post in wrong section friend.
it s for AndroidWear u should post it in General Android Forum > maybe general section

:good:

Malyaj

Jan 29, 2014
Lucknow
or maybe it guide from noob for noobs !
u post in wrong section friend.
it s for AndroidWear u should post it in General Android Forum > maybe general section

:good:

Thanxs Mate for the enlightenment... ;) I thought i was posting it in the wrong section... :p nevertheless thanks for the advice mate.. :highfive: btw... how the guide? :)

Mido Enab

Oct 23, 2014

Requirements :
1) pc
2) rooted android device

Downloads :

Procedure :

Save Changes.

So for ex: my external is 16 I can put like 10gb like internal and then if my internal was 1gb , it Will be 11th and external will be 4gb (because memory card 16 read 14 ) .
In case this memory in future happen anything to it or has been eject what will happen????
Thanks again ,merry Christmas :D

Malyaj

Jan 29, 2014
Lucknow
So for ex: my external is 16 I can put like 10gb like internal and then if my internal was 1gb , it Will be 11th and external will be 4gb (because memory card 16 read 14 ) .
In case this memory in future happen anything to it or has been eject what will happen????

Remember this rule for extension size. U need to have 100 mb free memory in phone per every 500 mb extention! so in that case assuming you have 1gb free.. than you can extend upto 5 gb approx. :D and if you have to eject memory card never do it directly phone will crash.... switch off the phone and than eject it :D . Merry Christmas!

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Mido Enab

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements :
    1) pc
    2) rooted android device

Downloads :

Procedure :

Save Changes.

Remember this rule for extension size. U need to have 100 mb free memory in phone per every 500 mb extention! so in that case assuming you have 1gb free.. than you can extend upto 5 gb approx. :D and if you have to eject memory card never do it directly phone will crash.... switch off the phone and than eject it :D . Merry Christmas!

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app