[Q] Need help to Root MTK6573 A9220 phone

Search This thread

brewhoxs

It's boot and uboot. You'll need the original files for the phone and flash only those

What about, is there anyone successfully to root without flashing anothers rom or with system.img? I try to root with SuperOne Click with often times but there's still no luck for me, cause i want to keep this original rom on my device. Please reply ASAP please? And i'm really much appreciate it.

link1227

Jul 16, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
What about, is there anyone successfully to root without flashing anothers rom or with system.img? I try to root with SuperOne Click with often times but there's still no luck for me, cause i want to keep this original rom on my device. Please reply ASAP please? And i'm really much appreciate it.

You could probably try flashing clockwork mod recovery under the recovery.img part only. Then use that to flash a root.zip file o install superuser and busybox

Sabillio

Nov 22, 2012
root with original rom (without flashing)

To root this phone with originial rom / firmware you can follow this instruction in website tokomuhe*com/treq-a10-pocket-2.html#comment-502 ( replace * with . )
If there are any questions please contact me directly on my Whatsapp +6285733298222
Regards,
Sabillio

brewhoxs

To root this phone with originial rom / firmware you can follow this instruction in website tokomuhe*com/treq-a10-pocket-2.html#comment-502 ( replace * with . )
If there are any questions please contact me directly on my Whatsapp +6285733298222
Regards,
Sabillio

So this device (as far as i know in my country it's called Star A9220, Extreme Note & Visio Note) have another variant again with same specifications? Now it's TreQ A10 Pocket 1? Really? :confused:
I hope it's really a good news, so we can root this device with original ROM/Firmware and without flashing anothers custom ROM.
Root using ZhuoDashi 2.2.9, it's kind a tools from chinese to root without flashing ROM? Does it's really work for MTK6573 650MHz with RAM/ROM 512MB, using Android 2.3.6/4.0 just like on the 1st post device specification? Please reply ASAP... :confused:

Last edited:

brewhoxs

Android MT65xx USB Driver

Just trying to help too, here's some USB Driver for Android MTK65xx if someone need it to root this device, with another procedure and without flashing another ROM. My opinion using original ROM/firmware more safe, than flash with another or custom ROM with more risky... ;)

Regards,

Sabillio

Nov 22, 2012
So this device (as far as i know in my country it's called Star A9220, Extreme Note & Visio Note) have another variant again with same specifications? Now it's TreQ A10 Pocket 1? Really? :confused:
I hope it's really a good news, so we can root this device with original ROM/Firmware and without flashing anothers custom ROM.
Root using ZhuoDashi 2.2.9, it's kind a tools from chinese to root without flashing ROM? Does it's really work for MTK6573 650MHz with RAM/ROM 512MB, using Android 2.3.6/4.0 just like on the 1st post device specification? Please reply ASAP... :confused:
Look on My Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB2DxNqPz50&feature=g-hist

Last edited:

DanKuida

Feb 3, 2008
RTL support and custom recovery

Hey guys , I am trying somehow to add the support to the MTK6573 device.
Has anyone encountered this ?
Also I can't figure out how to flash teh recovery ? I enter the original recovery but there is no way to flash from there ( logically it is ok , since u can't flash soft from itself) so how to enter some kind of fastboot mode to flash it ?
and with what tool ? I dont' see any op for that in the SP tool.

Thanks.

myphoneuser

Jun 26, 2009
To all a9220 users, could you please install droidwall on your phone and tell us if works on this phone. Droidwall is in the play store and
it block internet access per application.

Note that you have to enable the firewall after selecting allowed apps. Once in droidwall click on menu and then "Enable Firewall" it shouldn't show any errors.

myphoneuser

Jun 26, 2009
Hello, does someone have te uboot and boot.img for this a9220 version?

E1108_V73_JBL1_20120727
Custom Build Version

My phone display is just a white screen...

You can check your version going to Settings -> About Phone

Last edited:

myphoneuser

Jun 26, 2009
Hello I need uboot and boot images for my phone. I am getting a white screen.

This is my exact model information.

- Phone Model : A9220
- Model number : e1108_v73_jbl1
- Android version : 4.0 (but ofcourse it is not ics-it is 2.3)
- Baseband version : MAUI.11AMD.W11.37.SP.V17.F1, 2012/03/20 18:09
- Kernel version : Fri jul 27 19:14:37 CST 2012
- Build number : E1108_V73_JBL1_20120727
- Custom Built Version : 1343387694
- CPU MTK 6573 512 rom 512 ram

If someone has this A9220 version please let me know...

reliancecdmaphone

Oct 28, 2012
a9220

i have A9220 mtk6573 5" 512 ROM/RAM Dual Sim Android 3G(WCDMA) GSM GPS WiFi TV , I tried rooting using files from websites and SP Tools , now my phone is bricked , when turned ON only white screen showing , but still phone is functioning , it can receive calls , also when i randomly touches its screen , i sense all its functions are working but cannot see anything. So only display is problem . can anyone tell me out of
DSP_BL, boot, ramdisk, recovery, secro, system, userdata, preloader, uboot,logo , Which files might be the cause of this display problem. also if anyone can help me by anyway kindly pm or email me . i will be greatly thankful.

shadab.waseem@gmail.com

Regards,
Sabillio

brewhoxs

Tricky part is rooting this phone with SuperOneClick

When superoneclick hangs on 7th step, do as per below instruction.

1. goto phone settings->applications->development->USB debugging uncheck it and recheck it again.

2. now click root again.

If not works, try a couple of time, again and again. you will succeed.

In this method, I have rooted lot of times.

Thats all, your phone will be rooted now, have fun.

Thanks for your help here.
I had been trying to root with no success but this tip was very helpful - I had unchecked usb debugging then started root then when paused on 2nd line I then checked usb debugging -This then allowed rooting to complete to end . Hope this is helpful.

I guess this methods are more safe for me to root with original ROM & without to flash with another custom ROM. But somehow why this methods are still didn't worked for me? :confused: I've been always try a couple of time, again and again with same procedure as mentioned above, but it always hangs on 7th step using SuperOneClick :( Is this just some kind a joke or what?
And i have this 3 same device, me, my best friend & my little brother, and i must root this device as safely without to flash with another custom ROM, any good advices to root please?

I just wondering, how many people in here have successfully to root using this SuperOneClick methods as safely without to flash with another custom ROM? How many people? Anyone??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A9220 (MTK6573 Processor) Rooted system.img

Dear Friend,

I have same Specification with A9220 phone, I rooted myphone using SuperOneClick.

This is our Phone, Do not flash, if this is not your phone.

1334275705444-P-259352.jpg

1334275706790-P-259352.jpg

1334275705379-P-259352.jpg

1334275706623-P-259352.jpg

Please download rooted system.img from this link http://www.mediafire.com/?ytxpjyvnftc2fv9

Flash it with SP Flash tools.

Also I attached here boot.img,recovery.img, MT65x3 drivers and Scatters files.

Note:-

This is latest update kernal version by Tue ' Apr 10 2012
    Home button corrected for waking up phone, Previously we have to press always power button to wake the phone up.

Its 100% rooted
    Removed Chinese Apps.
    Default Set to English, When you reset your phone.
    Internal Memory now 150MB free available.

No bugs at all

My advise is,
    Use Link2SD for installing more apps.
    Use Go lanucer EX with Ice creame sandwich theme

My Phone looks great and works flawlessly.

Latest Original ROM for A9220 Model Only download link is http://upload.sunsky-online.com/res/drivers/MPH-6030.zip

Attached Screen Shots & Attachments for Original Boot.img and Recovery.img
    After done helping several people through PM, I will now share the files needed for reviving 1gb A9220 device. Do not use these files on 512mb device. You've been warned.

1) 1gb device uboot - flash this via SP flashtool (only for A9220 1GB device - do not attempt to use on other model eg : i9220 - have different LCM/Camera setting)
    2) 1gb modded recovery - flash this via SP flashtool
    3) Pre-rooted System image - Flash via mod recovery

Note : If your phone is working, DO NOT flash uboot.img EVER!

uboot.img is only needed if you wrongly flash it before and got distorted/blank screen. If your device is working, just flash the mod recovery to use the Pre-rooted system.zip image.

Copy the pre-rooted system.zip into sdcard and make sure to disable verification before selecting the new system zip. After disable verification, proceed with install zip file.

All the best.
    Hi, I bought a Chinese made Galaxy Note A9220, and have been using for 2 weeks, I like the big screen, battery life is reasonable, but the ROM storage is at the low side, I am not able to install many favorite apps/games in it, so I need help from forumers to provide guidence or instruction to Root this device so I can remove some of the unwanted apps/games stored in the system. I have searched through many Chinese websites and tried many Root apps, so far no luck.

Basically the phone comes with specs as below:

- Phone Model : A9220
    - Model number : e1108_v73_jbl1
    - Android version : 4.0
    - Baseband version : MAUI.11AMD.W11.37.SP.V17.F1, 2012/03/20 18:09
    - Kernel version : 2.6.35.7 Tue Apr 10 15:29:22 CST 2012
    - Build number : ALPS.GB.FDD2.MP.V4.5
    - Custom Built Version : 1334042976
    - CPU MTK 6573 512 rom 512 ram

You help is very much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Dear plasticguy,

Same I was also, I learned from flahsing Star x18i/HD7000. I applied same here for A9220 5" Galaxy note clone.

Please note There is serveral models available same like this. This one is special with TV option. Others don't have it. Which is A9220.

The other one i9220 5" don't have TV option.

But both rom works for both model. If you flash i9220 ROM to A9220 you will loose TV option.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Dear sagaff,

I am also looking for custom recovery, It is not yet available. Once I get it I will post it.
    Hi i solved with uboot1............i check dial with *#06# imei and imei1 is in grey color and imei2 dark black color which one is valid and how can i reset imei nubers please help me.......

thanks for the hint. :)
    well, I don't know which is valid by colour ... if it's NULL then it's sure corrupted ... have you compare it with the one under the battery? .. try cleaning the SIM card contact first (I use pencil eraser to clean the SIM contact)

To fix imei on mtk phones, you can refer here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1677955 .. remember to backup before doing any changes.