[MOD][XPOSED] Smart Alarm Icon [1.2][HTC/Samsung 4.0.3+]

Search This thread

PapaWangsta

Mar 6, 2011
Hey, anyway to update this wonderful module? It worked fine until 5.1.1. on my Galaxy note edge.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Xposed Mod: Smart Alarm Icon

This mod will change the alarm icon in status bar to be only displayed for a configurable time before alarm will go off. This for example will remove the icon on Friday and Saturday if the alarm is scheduled for working days only. The threshold for when the icon gets shown is configurable via UI.
    => This makes the alarm icon more valuable again, since if shown permanently one gets used to it quite fast.

Limitations
    • Works on HTC and Samsung stock-based ROMs version 4.0.3 and higher (permanently hides the icon on other devices)
    • You MUST accept that you use any modification at your own risk

If you want to try it, follow these steps:
    1. If not done yet or included in your custom ROM, install the Xposed framework as described in this thread (requires root)
    2. Install the attached APK and activate the module in the Xposed installer (this is also described in the framework thread)
    3. Reboot
    4. To change settings, tap on the module in Xposed installer
    ChangeLog

Code:
    [B]1.2[/B]
    - Samsung ROMs now fully supported

[B]1.1[/B] (392 dloads)
    - Preferences now include "show never" (slider left) and "show always" (slider right)
    - Removed "active" checkbox (now configured with slider)

[B]1.0[/B] (86 dloads)
    - Initial release

Hope you enjoy and let me know. Great thanks go to rovo89 for this fabulous framework.
    I will look into this as soon as I have time. If you encounter any problems like this and you know how to use logcat, it would be helpful if you could grab debug output (tags Xposed, SmartAlarmIcon) and send it to me via PM. Thank you very much
    My Other Xposed Mods

All HTC and Samsung ROMs Android 4.0.3 and above
    Smart Alarm Icon
    Only shows the alarm icon in status bar a configurable time before next alarm

All HTC Sense 5 ROMs
    BlinkFeed Back To Top
    Enables the back button in BlinkFeed to fast scroll to top

All HTC ROMs Android 4.0.3 and above
    Custom Status Bar Opacity
    Easily configure the opacity of the status bar when it is transparent in lock screen and launcher
    I've the same problem in cyuanogenmod 10.1.0 and 10.1.1 stable on Nexus4. Any hint?

It is the same problem as stated here:

There is no unique intent over all ROMs of all vendors after alarm settings have changed (it depends on the alarm/clock apk you are using). However, a generic approach exists but a delay upon changed alarm settings had to be accepted, so I discarded it for the time being.

I did not finish version 1.3 which includes a generic approach as fallback for all other ROM bases since I'm busy working on some other mods. Sorry for that. When finished, I will publish it here.
    it works partially for me on my note 2.
    hiding permanently works.
    but if I set the icon to be visible again it stays hidden.
    is there a delay in this, or is it a bug?
    it's not a disaster if it's a bug though, I wanted the icon gone permanently anyway.

Thanks for your feedback. I updated to v1.2, which fully support Samsung ROMs now. v1.1 had the limitation that threshold was only working on HTC ROMs. On none-HTC/Samsung ROMs it will keep on hiding the icon permanently.