[Release] JOdin3 CASUAL Cross Platform and Web-Based Flashing For Samsung Phones

Search This thread

AndrewASB

Dec 5, 2007
Minsk
My question was miss leading. Sorry. What I ment was is CASUAL still a safe way to unlock and root a note 2 msch-1605 running 4.1.2. I am good at following directions , but people in the video tutorial are saying it no longer works and you can end up with a bricked phone. Is this true.. or will it just not work with 4.3 ?

Yes...4.3 ... on this rom everything is quite difficult. I dislike the fact that your device is locked by your service provider. For the low price you always pay more than you can imagine. I never used the locked device.

I am not an android expert.
I'm just a system administrator in large corporation and do not like not necessary adventures.

So I just always cautious. I think you'd better to get rid of your phone and do not buy locked phone (Verizone, T-Mobile etc) if you do not want to have problems. Free cheese is only in a mousetrap.

Last edited:

enderrorism

Jan 8, 2014
Yes...4.3 ... on this rom everything is quite difficult. I dislike the fact that your device is locked by your service provider. For the low price you always pay more than you can imagine. I never used the locked device.

I am not an android expert.
I'm just a system administrator in large corporation and do not like not necessary adventures.

So I just always cautious. I think you'd better to get rid of your phone and do not buy locked phone (Verizone, T-Mobile etc) if you do not want to have problems. Free cheese is only in a mousetrap.

So , 4.1.2 witch I am running is still safe and easy one click ? I understand the process and am confident enough in my ability to fallow instructions. I just want to know if the CASUAL one click will still work, or if some one can point me in the right direction to root and unlock my phone.

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
You can download jar version JODIN here -

???

We have an official download link. That's not it. In the event of problems we also have a backup server. The official downloads are located here: http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/JOdin3

You can feel free to host a copy, but don't direct users to your copy unless the official one is down. This is a critical piece of software and I can't have people recommending it be downloaded from just anywhere.

For everyone else; Always verify the certificates. We sign the JOdin3 binary with the official CASUAL-Dev.com signature.

Reactions: abelloniko

Aranda.exe

Jan 8, 2014
A Java error.

I got a Java error and I don't know why. Does anyone know?

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm using Firefox.

Attachments

• asd.PNG
    asd.PNG
    50.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I got a Java error and I don't know why. Does anyone know?

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm using Firefox.
The top of the error is more important than the bottom. I don't see any of my code referenced in that snippet.

I've just done some work to it, so if you'd like, clear out the Java Cache from your Java Control Panel(view>delete) then visit the site again. It should work. I've enabled High Security.

Aranda.exe

Jan 8, 2014
The top of the error is more important than the bottom. I don't see any of my code referenced in that snippet.

I've just done some work to it, so if you'd like, clear out the Java Cache from your Java Control Panel(view>delete) then visit the site again. It should work. I've enabled High Security.

I cleaned Java Cache and now it works.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: AdamOutler

AndrewASB

Dec 5, 2007
Minsk
We have an official download link. That's not it. In the event of problems we also have a backup server. The official downloads are located here: http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/JOdin3

You can feel free to host a copy, but don't direct users to your copy unless the official one is down. This is a critical piece of software and I can't have people recommending it be downloaded from just anywhere.

For everyone else; Always verify the certificates. We sign the JOdin3 binary with the official CASUAL-Dev.com signature.

Official site was down at link publication moment.
Link published only in this thread only.
Now link inactive.

Thank you - JOdin work in browser!

Last edited:

smokdawg

Jan 6, 2011
I'm reading through this thread and im still unsure how to root and unlock the bootloader on my Note 2 JB4.3. Is it safe to use joden3 or causal? Maybe im just tired and read over the solution. Im going to go over the thread again just in case i missed something. Thanks for your help.

--
Momma always said "If you cant be good, be good at it"

dehein

Jun 21, 2012
Galaxy S plus i9001

I have got a Problem. I have a Galaxy S Plus i9001, and am using Ubuntu 13.10.
My Problem is, that i tried to use jodin3 as a jar. Everything works so far, installing the apps and so on. But...

My i9001 is in Download Mode and always showing not connected.
Do I need a newer Heimdall version?
Is my Phone even supported?

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I'm reading through this thread and im still unsure how to root and unlock the bootloader on my Note 2 JB4.3. Is it safe to use joden3 or causal? Maybe im just tired and read over the solution. Im going to go over the thread again just in case i missed something. Thanks for your help.

--
Momma always said "If you cant be good, be good at it"

JOdin3 Does not provide that. I don't have anything that can unlock a Note3.

I have got a Problem. I have a Galaxy S Plus i9001, and am using Ubuntu 13.10.
My Problem is, that i tried to use jodin3 as a jar. Everything works so far, installing the apps and so on. But...

My i9001 is in Download Mode and always showing not connected.
Do I need a newer Heimdall version?
Is my Phone even supported?
Hit the "Install Drivers" button in-app and make sure you have "gksudo" or "pkexec" commands installed.

Actually, does it allows to flash unsigned PITs?
As I dumped one from my Galaxy Mini 2 but with Odin3 I can't do it (as it is unsigned)
It will obtain the pit it needs from the device. I wouldn't use it for a total repartitioning. You cant flash enitre system images.

Reactions: ItachiSama

R2D2_NZ

Nov 23, 2010
City of Sails
Macs running 10.6 or earlier

JOdin3 requires a Java version that isn't supported on Mac Snow Leopard or earlier, so if you haven't upgraded your Mac to 10.7 or later, you'll either have to do so (assuming that's possible on your existing hardware) or find another way to flash. Note this restriction applies to the web version as well as the downloadable one.

Unless my eyesight is failing me, this limitation of what seems to be a great utility for the non Windows Samsung phone-toting community, doesn't appear to be mentioned in the OP. Perhaps the Dev might include a brief caveat to that effect?

TIA and cheers,
R2

smokdawg

Jan 6, 2011
-Originally Posted by smokdawg I'm reading through this thread and im still unsure how to root and unlock the bootloader on my Note 2 JB4.3. Is -it safe to use joden3 or causal? Maybe im just tired and read over the solution. Im going to go over the thread again just in case i missed
-something. Thanks for your help.

-
JOdin3 Does not provide that. I don't have anything that can unlock a Note3.

Im sorry if I was too cryptic in my post, but I was asking about a Note 2 running Jelly Bean 4.3.

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
JOdin3 requires a Java version that isn't supported on Mac Snow Leopard or earlier, so if you haven't upgraded your Mac to 10.7 or later, you'll either have to do so (assuming that's possible on your existing hardware) or find another way to flash. Note this restriction applies to the web version as well as the downloadable one.

Unless my eyesight is failing me, this limitation of what seems to be a great utility for the non Windows Samsung phone-toting community, doesn't appear to be mentioned in the OP. Perhaps the Dev might include a brief caveat to that effect?

TIA and cheers,
R2

It's not supported on 32-bit devices. Mac dropped support for those as well. The limitation is old hardware.

krustybaguette

Jun 22, 2012
Olde Stourbridge Village MA
Thanks for your hard work. I run a Linux (Open Suse) and I always had to use my wife's laptop. Now I don't need to talk to her anymore..... Just kidding

I run Linux Mint and before learning about Jodin I had tried a method using heimdall, which is still installed but unused :cyclops: I also run Oracle's Virtual Box and have my own Win7 which worked for me to recover my S3 by flashing the stock 4.3. I'll be looking for ways to use Jodin in the future. Using Odin under Virtual Windows worked but there were a few moments which were less than smooth. Only way I could have used my wife's laptop for that kind of work would have been at 3AM and I would have had to uninstall ODIN, etc. afterward...Leave nothing behind except footprints. ;)

kb

after posting I learned that Jodin is not 32 bit compatible. My Linux laptop is a Lenovo x60 (32bit) so I guess I'll have to keep using virtual Windows for this. @iakeco and 32bit Linux users might want to consider adding Virtual Box and installing Windows even if it's just for Odin.

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I run Linux Mint and before learning about Jodin I had tried a method using heimdall, which is still installed but unused :cyclops: I also run Oracle's Virtual Box and have my own Win7 which worked for me to recover my S3 by flashing the stock 4.3. I'll be looking for ways to use Jodin in the future. Using Odin under Virtual Windows worked but there were a few moments which were less than smooth. Only way I could have used my wife's laptop for that kind of work would have been at 3AM and I would have had to uninstall ODIN, etc. afterward...Leave nothing behind except footprints. ;)

kb

after posting I learned that Jodin is not 32 bit compatible. My Linux laptop is a Lenovo x60 (32bit) so I guess I'll have to keep using virtual Windows for this. @iakeco and 32bit Linux users might want to consider adding Virtual Box and installing Windows even if it's just for Odin.

This is a bug. It will be fixed. 32 bit comaptibility is only an issue on Mac. Linux should be supported. I found the error two days ago on Linux. I will resolve it shortly, however I've been making changes to the UI so I cannot publish a new version properly at this time.

Reactions: krustybaguette

krustybaguette

Jun 22, 2012
Olde Stourbridge Village MA
This is a bug. It will be fixed. 32 bit comaptibility is only an issue on Mac. Linux should be supported. I found the error two days ago on Linux. I will resolve it shortly, however I've been making changes to the UI so I cannot publish a new version properly at this time.
Glad to hear of it. Curious: is the Mac incompatibility due to the change to Intel processors of a few years back?

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Glad to hear of it. Curious: is the Mac incompatibility due to the change to Intel processors of a few years back?

It's due to Apple dropping support for 32 bit Macs. Without Java7, the JOdin3 interface(FXML) does not run on mac. The CASUAL-Core will... I've specifically written and maintained Java6 compatibility for CASUAL-Core, but I've chosen this interface for the purpose of experimenting with JavaFX. If someone would like to write a UI in a Mac supported technology, it would totally work. I'm moving away from Java6 and into Java8 though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bumpy bump

I'm looking for the same installs and the links are not working for me either.

Hello,

Links for JOdin3 are not working, why?

Thanks

Hi guys, the links above are not working & I'm having a very hard time finding Jdoin3 for MAC OS X Can someone help me?

I have re-upped my latest version I had for JOdin3 here

http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=20803
    As the above link sometimes seems to stop working (XDA wassup??) here a mirror: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939825345

EDIT:
    20 downloads in 1 day. 0% clicked thanks. Can't believe that at least coming back to click on thanks is too much for you. I really understand why so many ppl decide to NOT help others if this one click is too much for you.
    Ok I don't care. suck as much and often as you like but don't cry again if some day no one will be here to answer or help.

EDIT2:
    Thanks for all those given a proper thanks click in the meantime!
    Yea time goes by and JOdin is included since a long while even in FWUL ( https://bit.do/FWULatXDA ). Check it out ;)

EDIT3:
    AFH mirror added (see above)

JOdin3 Web Browser Based and Offline flashing tool
    This is the official support page for JOdin3, a CASUAL-X project. JOdin3 allows you to flash Odin files on Linux, Mac and Windows. It is powered by CASUAL and @Benjamin Dobell 's Heimdall tool. Using the power of CASUALcore, LibPit and Heimdall, it enables flashing of Odin files in the same manner you'd expect from the offical Samsung Odin tool.

Read more: http://casual-dev.com/2014/01/04/jodin3-web-browser-or-offline-flashing-tool/
    Download:http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/JOdin3

Never download from anywhere except the link above. I won't have the CASUAL name tarnished with malware. Also, verify that your download has the proper signatures with the "jar-signer -verify" command.

Easy flashing
    We expect this to be relatively trouble-free. However, there are some stumbling blocks. First, JOdin3 requires a PIT file, which can be automatically obtained, but it requires a device reboot. Jodin3 will walk you through this process. On windows, drivers should be auto-installed. On Mac, Heimdall will be auto-installed. On debian-based Linux, Heimdall will be automatically installed and you will receive in-app instructions on all platforms.

With that said, 99.9999% of problems should be solvable with the simple troubleshooting guide below

Troubleshooting Guide
    Mac: Visit the Heimdall Website and install the packages for your distribution, then reboot: http://glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/
    Linux: Visit the Heimdall Website and install the packages for your distribution: http://glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/
    Windows: Put your device into Download mode, install this driver and reboot. http://android-casual.googlecode.co...ALcore/src/CASUAL/resources/heimdall/CADI.exe

media

F14SylYRgwRIZxRf1c8--99wzymycpzeYY36oFiZfF9z=w900-h864-no

modal1.png

Special instructions for Mac:

About
    This is a CASUAL-X project. CASUAL-X projects are based on or around CASUAL but not part of the main stream. This CASUAL-X project will be updated alongside of CASUALcore and will be available as long as our servers can handle the load. You can read more about CASUAL at http://casual-dev.com

Credits
    @Benjamin Dobell for creating Heimdall
    @jrloper for streamlining processes and creating drivers
    @Loglud for providing the server space and many helpful utilities which enable this
    @Ralekdev for analyzing PIT files helping me to gain a better understanding of how they function
    Neither download links or web links are working..
    This is well known just read the last few posts...

if you like you can download the latest version here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69021732&postcount=353

As long as the developer Adam allows me to do so I will mirror the latest version I have

first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR TO @AdamOutler

i wanna ask that what is meant by web based flashing and then i wanna ask that what is the difference between this and simple odin

Its exactly what it sounds like. You go to a website and flash your phone. If you want, you can download the app and use it like that.

The difference: This works on Windows, Linux and Mac. This works from a website or a download. This will auto-install drivers on all platforms except Mac ( @Benjamin Dobell needs a Mac Developer ID signer). This is a self-contained single-file executable. This provides better errors and will troubleshoot and fix problems for you. This is a single file rather than multiple ones. This provides way more detailed logs rather than a simple failure like Odin. And its open source.

Its not all roses though.. This can only flash a single device per-start-button-press and not 8 like Odin. Heimdall also has a problem with extremely large files like Note III system images.
    Unfortunately, Jodin can not be downloaded for a very long time. I'm trying to download jodin3 but the official download link keeps timing out.

Why is that so? Why does the developer not offer the last version for download? Other developers, for example Chainfire, offer the latest version for download at XDA

I don't know why Adam is ignoring us but in the meanwhile you could download the latest file here (if you like);
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69021732&postcount=353