[Q] rooting my s4 mini lte SGH-I257M rogers

Search This thread

stevet1966

Jan 19, 2014
well im totallly new to this , so i will be as fast as possible with description of problem. i used odin 3.07 and another file not sure where i put it a md5 i thought anyway. i went thru process and it said PASS. was having boot loop i gather and i unplugged it. it didn't work for a while then it all of a sudden came back on. it says that my phone is now custom and cant update. other programs tell me no superuser or phone is un rooted.what step did i miss should i have wiped kalvik or im kinda lost now and there's not a lot of help on my specific phone. i want to get the 4.3 update but not sure how. i want to root i guess but so much info out there. i was told to flash with stock or root with this or that. any help would be great.the phone works great still. i also d/l a program root browser and through searching found out it says thatmy CSC version is I257MOYAAMK5. Doesnt sound right.in my (about device in settings it say I257MVLUAMK5. CONFUSSING

thanks steve

Last edited:

You_KS

Dec 1, 2013
There's no 4.3 OTA update for S4 Mini that I'm aware of...

I also had trouble rooting the first time. Thing you have to be sure is you're following each and every step to the t. Now that you've "unsuccessfully" rooted, I'd suggest flashing the stock rom again and then try again following the root instructions like I said.