[MOD] Enabling "Hidden" Quick Tiles

Search This thread

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
This is how to enable all the "hidden" quick tiles in the notification bar that seemed to have been disabled. Between versions of the S5 variants, several quick tiles seemed to be missing from some and enabled in others.

Remember, I am NOT responsible for stupidity or whining if YOU do something wrong, phone explodes, etc.

The modifications need Root, SQLite Editor (or equivalent app functioning) and a brain

-----Enabling Quick Tiles-----

1. Open up SQLite Editor

2. Select the Apps tab -> scroll down to Settings Storage and select

3. Click settings.db

4. Click system

5. Click search icon on top right (easiest method to filter) or scroll through db (harder way)

6. Type "notification" in the Filter Value field and press ok

7. Tap "notification_panel_active_app_list" -> select pencil icon on top to edit

8. In Value field, all enabled toggles are listed. Now, add the word "MobileData" (no spaces or quotation marks) to end of list (make sure to have NO SPACES between entries and semicolons separating each entry)

----> ex. Wifi;MobileData;WifiHotspot;Sound; ....

9. Once you add "MobileData", click save button.

10. Close SQLite editor and reboot/profit (see attached screenshot for what it should appear as)

This works for any quick settings tiles that are present, but you MUST type in the correct name (capital letters, no spaces, semicolons all count). One mistake will not show the tile after reboot.

----> instead of "MobileData", you can also "WifiHotspot" (already enabled in miked63017 zip for Hotspot Mod here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727127 ). Download Booster Quick tile is also able to be added but has no function yet (see my post on updates to status towards getting this working here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719582 )

-----Missing Tiles (so far noticed, if you know another please comment)-----
*These are exact as they should appear, NO SPACES AND CAREFUL ABOUT CAPITAL LETTERS (case sensitive)

Wifi;MobileData;Data;Location;Bluetooth;SilentMode;Flashlight;Nfc;WiFiHotspot;ToddlerMode;AirplaneMode;CarMode;DormantMode;SBeam;PowerSaving;SmartStay;SmartScroll;AllShareCast;AutoRotate;MultiWindow;Sync;Brightness;Ebook;AirView;AirGesture;DoNotDisturb;QuickConnect;SFinder;SmartPause;Toolbox;TouchSensitivity;UltraPowerSaving;SmartNetwork;NetworkBooster

Big thanks to eyecon82 for pathway and miked63017 for Hotspot Mod additions.

Last edited:

miked63017

Jan 30, 2011
St Louis
I am thinking that the order of the list becomes the order of the tiles, is this true for anybody else?

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app

Reactions: s13silviaguy

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
I am thinking that the order of the list becomes the order of the tiles, is this true for anybody else?

Yes, once you put them in order and reboot, it changes to that order. By changing again in settings (once enabled via method), they change order in .db I believe. It sticks in my settings for ordering.

Reactions: miked63017

Ramondel

Dec 3, 2011
Nashville
Does anyone know what needs to be added for the display timeout toggle? This was a default toggle in older versions of OS.

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
For the last versions of TW that im used to one can add these to the csc feature.xml as well for enabling upon boot, but they seem to be somewhere else in this iteration, if we can find where one can add these I got flashlight made for the rom. I dont want for it to have to be an additional flash but havent had too much time to investigate

Nitefall

Dec 13, 2007
Chicago
Is it WifiHotspot or Wi-fiHotspot cause I did the first and it didn't show up. I added all 3 for the hell of it lol

El.Dante565

Oct 18, 2012
First the Hotspot is "WiFiHotspot" so is there one for torch?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nitefall

Dec 13, 2007
Chicago
Should be exact as shown above, just make sure there are NO SPACES between anything

Weird that's exactly how I put everything in but it won't show, I wonder is there a certain amount of toggles that you can have in total?

aputupu3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

miked63017

Jan 30, 2011
St Louis
Weird that's exactly how I put everything in but it won't show, I wonder is there a certain amount of toggles that you can have in total?

aputupu3.jpg

Did you re-open and verify there was no spaces? A lot of sqlite apps automatically add spaces when you modify a comma seperated list. Also, there is 2 lists, one has _reset appended on the end of the key name. If all you are trying to get is the hotspot you can reflash the newest hotspotUnlocker, I have added the hotspot toggle to it.

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida

aputupu3.jpg

Did you re-open and verify there was no spaces? A lot of sqlite apps automatically add spaces when you modify a comma seperated list. Also, there is 2 lists, one has _reset appended on the end of the key name. If all you are trying to get is the hotspot you can reflash the newest hotspotUnlocker, I have added the hotspot toggle to it.

Did you capitalize the F in WiFi?

Here's a screenshot of all enabled as of now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is how to enable all the "hidden" quick tiles in the notification bar that seemed to have been disabled. Between versions of the S5 variants, several quick tiles seemed to be missing from some and enabled in others.

Remember, I am NOT responsible for stupidity or whining if YOU do something wrong, phone explodes, etc.

The modifications need Root, SQLite Editor (or equivalent app functioning) and a brain

-----Enabling Quick Tiles-----

1. Open up SQLite Editor

2. Select the Apps tab -> scroll down to Settings Storage and select

3. Click settings.db

4. Click system

5. Click search icon on top right (easiest method to filter) or scroll through db (harder way)

6. Type "notification" in the Filter Value field and press ok

7. Tap "notification_panel_active_app_list" -> select pencil icon on top to edit

8. In Value field, all enabled toggles are listed. Now, add the word "MobileData" (no spaces or quotation marks) to end of list (make sure to have NO SPACES between entries and semicolons separating each entry)

----> ex. Wifi;MobileData;WifiHotspot;Sound; ....

9. Once you add "MobileData", click save button.

10. Close SQLite editor and reboot/profit (see attached screenshot for what it should appear as)

This works for any quick settings tiles that are present, but you MUST type in the correct name (capital letters, no spaces, semicolons all count). One mistake will not show the tile after reboot.

----> instead of "MobileData", you can also "WifiHotspot" (already enabled in miked63017 zip for Hotspot Mod here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727127 ). Download Booster Quick tile is also able to be added but has no function yet (see my post on updates to status towards getting this working here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719582 )

-----Missing Tiles (so far noticed, if you know another please comment)-----
    *These are exact as they should appear, NO SPACES AND CAREFUL ABOUT CAPITAL LETTERS (case sensitive)

Wifi;MobileData;Data;Location;Bluetooth;SilentMode;Flashlight;Nfc;WiFiHotspot;ToddlerMode;AirplaneMode;CarMode;DormantMode;SBeam;PowerSaving;SmartStay;SmartScroll;AllShareCast;AutoRotate;MultiWindow;Sync;Brightness;Ebook;AirView;AirGesture;DoNotDisturb;QuickConnect;SFinder;SmartPause;Toolbox;TouchSensitivity;UltraPowerSaving;SmartNetwork;NetworkBooster

Big thanks to eyecon82 for pathway and miked63017 for Hotspot Mod additions.
    A little old school, but do you happen to know if there is a tile for screen timeout?

Ill look into for you.
    When you long press on wifi calling it takes you to the download booster settings page

+1

I believe, if not mistaken, since a T-MOBILE feature and not working on Sprint, it links to the Download Booster. When I was poking around the file where I found the toggle name for WifiCalling, I noticed that the pathways were identical to download booster. Its my theory, the two features are linked and, by enabling one, you can enable the other to work as well. I'm going to look into this soon as well. Hopefully good stuff towards getting NWBOOST too. If I get both to be working, I'll push a new enabled setting to access wifi calling check box in settings options. I have the option on my phone now for testing purposes but FC on clicking it. Also, clicking WifiCalling now enables both NWBOOSTER and WifiCalling toggles, same time, thus same path.
    First the Hotspot is "WiFiHotspot" so is there one for torch?

Haven't noticed one yet for torch, still seeing into this. Spent most of all day yesterday working on Download Booster. I think I found the disabled parts in our phones yet smali code isn't easy to decipher.
    How about a flashlight/torch toggle?

Sprint - Galaxy S5 - Moto X - Nexus 7 LTE

Great work. Hope you get that Torch toggle! You are a great asset to the community thanks for your work :good::good:

Going to be working on it soon. Shouldn't take long then, if successful, I'll push MOD apks here for you all to flash.