Stuck after "battery recalibration".

Search This thread

CoelhoCaolho

Jul 12, 2014
Hello people, i've run in a little problem with my S3 where it stuck in the brand screen not even the cyanogenmod boot shows up after i followed an advice to "recalibrate" my battery after i complained about low battery time.

A cousin told me to fully discharge and even after it shutdown reaching 0% that i should hold the power button and keep powering on until my phone can handle it, it turned on at least 3 times more after reaching 0% the first two times showing the Cyanogenmod boot logo, and the last one it lasted a long time on the first boot logo before powering down alone. After that i pluged the charger and waited the 100%.

Now the problem is that the phone is unable to boot, recovery and download mode still works i'm using Clockwormod 6.0.4.6 with Cyanogenmod 11 M8. I'm still able to wipe everything but i noticed a little problem showed up when doing data/factory reset:

Formatting /data
Formatting /cache
Formatting /sd-ext...
E:uknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
Formatting /sdcard/.android_secure...
Data wipe completed

On advanced> Show log:

E: uknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
Formatting /sdcard/.android_secure...
I: Formatting unknow device.
I: using /data/media for /sdcard.android_secure.
Data wipe complete.
I: Can't partition non mmcblk device: /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc1

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english. If possible how should i proceed to restore my precious? :D

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
You've corrupted the system or data partition, flash your firmware with full wipe.

Don't discharge the battery on these phones, it can lead to a brick.

Reactions: CoelhoCaolho

CoelhoCaolho

Jul 12, 2014
Thanks for the answers and knowledge, boomboomer and Jack_R1.

I've tried a full wipe, but it didn't work i've used all wipe options even /system and tried reflashing but i probably did something wrong.

One solution that worked howerever was "The Cure for All Problems :silly:" flashing stock rom with odin.

Again thanks for the help! Cya.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You've corrupted the system or data partition, flash your firmware with full wipe.

Don't discharge the battery on these phones, it can lead to a brick.
    Fully discharging does damage to the battery and does no good. It's an ill advice.