[APP] - TrackUrSelf -[U]- 16 Jul 2012 1.21 (Fixed)

Search This thread

darthveda

Oct 18, 2009
Bangalore
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Name: TrackUrSelf

Having been an avid user of windows phone and a GPS enthusiast, I have always wanted to create an application which use this technology. rather than develop an map application, I decided to use the background agent of windows phone 7 and create an application which tracks your movement. This is very useful for hiking/trekking adventures as well long drives.

This application only tracks the location and displays it on the viewer. The locations are never sent out (other than skydrive backup), so this is not a stalker app :p

I would welcome your views and feedback on this application.

Changelog:
+ Aerial mode added
+ KML Export/Backup to Skydrive added.
+ Added Live tile with back tile info
+ Background image for the app and skydrive page.. looks better now
+ Fixed a bug, which was not letting you a take a backup without quitting the app.
+ Filename has Date&Time appended, which would enable multiple backups being stored in your skydrive (should have been there in the first place)
+ Fixed crash bug while updating live tile through background services. Forgot about cross access thread exception.
+ Implemented crash log reporter

You would need a developer unlock phone to sideload the application, it does NOT need any interop unlock or full unlock to launch it.

Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655712
Download Link: Attached XAP file

Attachments

• TrackUrSelf_1.21.xap
    838.5 KB · Views: 75
  • SShot0.jpg
    SShot0.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 48
  • SShot1.jpg
    SShot1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 74
  • SShot2.jpg
    SShot2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

fabKalix

Jan 17, 2012
Hi darthveda,

Looks like a nice app, but I wonder how this app will influence your battery life? When hiking you generally do not have wall-plugs at your disposal to charge your battery when needed.

How often does the app store your position?

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
Hi darthveda,

Looks like a nice app, but I wonder how this app will influence your battery life? When hiking you generally do not have wall-plugs at your disposal to charge your battery when needed.

How often does the app store your position?

Dont be so sure of that , if your serious about hiking then dont leave home without this:

http://www.biolitestove.com/

I waited 7 months for this to be released and I can tell you it works , its actually amazing and could be a life saver , this app might just help people considerably with rescue as well!!

darthveda

Oct 18, 2009
Bangalore
Redmi Note 9 Pro
The app looks interesting. Is there a way to export the data that is generated?

At this point, NO. The reason is for privacy reasons but will look into implementing this feature in the next update.

As of 1.1, you can now track your position whenever you want apart from 30 minutes interval. And I have made sure not to store the location if it is same as before. Regarding battery usage, I don't have major impact on my battery usage.

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
Well can store the positions as a log file , and possibly upload the log files , i think it would be incredibly useful to be able to log the coordinates , whether its every 30 minutes or more (less) , just thinking how usefule this info could be!

darthveda

Oct 18, 2009
Bangalore
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Ok will implement it, I am not sure if wp7 allows me to write word files if it does then i will write a table in that itself :)
else a normal csv file would do i guess.

Also, adding the map modes as an option, right now it is street, will enable hybrid, satellite modes as well. This was a suggestion in marketplace reviews :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep it coming

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
i used this app yesterday on a small scale , just a few miles and I have to say I like i will continue to test it as this is a unique kind of app!

darthveda

Oct 18, 2009
Bangalore
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hi Guys, For Spain winning the euro 2012 :D, here is my treat.

I have updated the app to 1.2 with the following features:
1. You can now change the map view to Aerial mode and revert back
2. You can now update the tracked locations to a KML file and store it in your skydrive.

Please check and let me know if anything didn't work or you have any suggestions to be made :)

darthveda

Oct 18, 2009
Bangalore
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Few days back, I started learning about shelltiles and have implemented a live tile update with a back tile info as well.. (yeah, that's how i learnt WP7 programming, through my apps :p )

Can you guys tell me if it sounds a good idea and looks good?

darthveda

Oct 18, 2009
Bangalore
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Fixed a critical crash bug while updating the tile through background service, forgot about invalid cross acces exception. Because of the crash WP7 was disabling the background agent. Nice feature by the phone :) took me a while to recognize why it was behaving the way...

Please install the fixed XAP version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: TrackUrSelf

Having been an avid user of windows phone and a GPS enthusiast, I have always wanted to create an application which use this technology. rather than develop an map application, I decided to use the background agent of windows phone 7 and create an application which tracks your movement. This is very useful for hiking/trekking adventures as well long drives.

This application only tracks the location and displays it on the viewer. The locations are never sent out (other than skydrive backup), so this is not a stalker app :p

I would welcome your views and feedback on this application.

Changelog:
    + Aerial mode added
    + KML Export/Backup to Skydrive added.
    + Added Live tile with back tile info
    + Background image for the app and skydrive page.. looks better now
    + Fixed a bug, which was not letting you a take a backup without quitting the app.
    + Filename has Date&Time appended, which would enable multiple backups being stored in your skydrive (should have been there in the first place)
    + Fixed crash bug while updating live tile through background services. Forgot about cross access thread exception.
    + Implemented crash log reporter

You would need a developer unlock phone to sideload the application, it does NOT need any interop unlock or full unlock to launch it.

Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655712
    Download Link: Attached XAP file
    I downloaded the 1.2 version and it was 550kb, i have re-uploaded the version again with the suffix new in it. Let me know if you still have the problem, will upload on skydrive and share link.