[Q] unable to update latest software

Search This thread

sonidepanshu

Dec 16, 2013
I am using sony xperia L and now i want to update it with the latest software version and when i connect my device to sony pc companion, the pc companion said "unable to update,modified software."
Help!
What should i do?

Joel16

Sep 3, 2013
I am using sony xperia L and now i want to update it with the latest software version and when i connect my device to sony pc companion, the pc companion said "unable to update,modified software."
Help!
What should i do?

That's probally cause you've either rooted your phone or your bootloader is unlocked.
So you're gonna have to flash an ftf.

Have a look here

Reactions: sonidepanshu

sonidepanshu

Dec 16, 2013
Sorry but I don't use whatsapp o.o why don't we keep contact on here

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app

actually i am very confused, if we can contact over a phone it will be easy, and i am not good in english too.
well i rooted my phone and then i tried to unlock the bootloader using comand prompt. and an error occured and after thati tried to turn on the phone but it only showed sony thats it.
then i flash it with a firmware of c2104
after that android os starts consuming a lot a data
i tried to repair the software using pc companion but it showed "updating failed, modified software"
i want to sony service center but they also tolled me to get it unrooted then they will update it,
it checked my phone's status and i found that it is not rooted

Joel16

Sep 3, 2013
actually i am very confused, if we can contact over a phone it will be easy, and i am not good in english too.
well i rooted my phone and then i tried to unlock the bootloader using comand prompt. and an error occured and after thati tried to turn on the phone but it only showed sony thats it.
i tried to repair the software using pc companion but it showed "updating failed, modified software"
i want to sony service center but they also tolled me to get it unrooted then they will update it,

I don't understand your English properly, but I'll try to cooperate. Look if you want to 'update' like I said earlier, flash an ftf. (the latest version) it seems you've unlocked your bootloaders and I doubt you know how to relock it.

Reactions: sonidepanshu

sonidepanshu

Dec 16, 2013
I don't understand your English properly, but I'll try to cooperate. Look if you want to 'update' like I said earlier, flash an ftf. (the latest version) it seems you've unlocked your bootloaders and I doubt you know how to relock it.

yeah my english is poor that's why i am saying we should converse over phone
please contact me at +919050929429

sonidepanshu

Dec 16, 2013
yeah my english is poor that's why i am saying we should converse over phone
please contact me at +919050929429

i tried flashing
Untitled.jpg
i dont have the drivers for xperia l c2104

sonidepanshu

Dec 16, 2013
drivers are in the "drivers" folder on C:\Flashtool Don't you read what it says right there on the screenshot you uploaded ???
install those and you are good to go.
yeah, there is a folder "drivers" in drivers there is a application, i clicked on install, it showed me a list of devices but xperia l was not listed in that list,

Redzo

Dec 22, 2010
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Help!
    What should i do?

That's probally cause you've either rooted your phone or your bootloader is unlocked.
    So you're gonna have to flash an ftf.

Have a look here
    yes you are right @Joel16, i rooted itand tried to unlock the bootloader.
    i want to contact you, my contact number is+91-9050-9294-29 please message me on whatsapp

Sorry but I don't use whatsapp o.o why don't we keep contact on here

i tried flashing
    View attachment 2510342
    i dont have the drivers for xperia l c2104

drivers are in the "drivers" folder on C:\Flashtool Don't you read what it says right there on the screenshot you uploaded ???
    install those and you are good to go.
    yeah, there is a folder "drivers" in drivers there is a application, i clicked on install, it showed me a list of devices but xperia l was not listed in that list,

thanks @Joel16