[Q] ADB is not working for Sony Xperia Z (6602)

Search This thread

clozaps

May 3, 2014
I bought a Sony Xperia Z. Earlier I was using Sony Xperia Ray for development and it was working fine. But with Xperia Z, I am struggling to detect the device using adb.

I found several links to make it fix but no luck. ( Sorry I still do not have permission to post those links.)

My OS is Windows Vista 32 bit home edition.

I installed PC companion and it is able to connect with the phone. But once I enable USB debugging mode, Windows shows "Found new hardware" dialog. When "Locate and install driver software" is selected it says software is successfully installed. But in the device manager it is shown under Other devices as 6602 with a exclamation.

It gives an empty list for "adb devices"

Is there anyone having a Xperia Z successfully connected with adb?

Sameera

Ben Ling

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I bought a Sony Xperia Z. Earlier I was using Sony Xperia Ray for development and it was working fine. But with Xperia Z, I am struggling to detect the device using adb.

I found several links to make it fix but no luck. ( Sorry I still do not have permission to post those links.)

My OS is Windows Vista 32 bit home edition.

I installed PC companion and it is able to connect with the phone. But once I enable USB debugging mode, Windows shows "Found new hardware" dialog. When "Locate and install driver software" is selected it says software is successfully installed. But in the device manager it is shown under Other devices as 6602 with a exclamation.

It gives an empty list for "adb devices"

Is there anyone having a Xperia Z successfully connected with adb?

Sameera

Do you installed adb drivers for the Xperia Z?

You should use Windows 7,it's better a lot...

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z using XDA Premium

clozaps

May 3, 2014
Do you installed adb drivers for the Xperia Z?

You should use Windows 7,it's better a lot...

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z using XDA Premium

Isn't it supposed to be installed along with PC companion ?

Anyway I tried to find adb driver but could not find an exact match with c6602. There was one named as "Xperia_Z_driver" in developer sonymobile dot com. I am not clear how it should be installed. I tried updating the device in Device Manager and pointing to this location. But it gives the following error.

The folder you specified doesn't contain compatible software driver for your device. .....

Another thing is I still did not update Andriod SDK. It is the next item on my list. Does it matters ?

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
It's some time since I installed them, but I think the ADB drivers are a separate entry at the bottom of the list. I'm not at my PC, so can't check. ;)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

clozaps

May 3, 2014
OK. I got it working on a Win 7 64 bit machine. So there should be nothing wrong with the phone. But still its not working with Vista 32 bit. Is it because there is no driver for 32 bit OS?