stack "Wifi turning on"- Problem updated

Search This thread

aliwawi

Feb 17, 2008
Hey,

I have a problem after updating my (tab 2 Wifi-3G 10.1) to Android 4.2.1. the tablet was working so well while and after updating, but after that I wake up and I had anoyning problem. the problem is when I click on the setting and try to turn on the wifi it shows only (turning wifi on...) and nothing happening. it feels like the wifi cannot start or establish the connenction, therefore no available wifi routers or Hotspots can be listed.
What happened the last two days, I tried to check if the tablet will work again after 2 weeks no charge and drain all the battery, SO IT REALLY WORKED BUT ONLY FOR 5 MIN and the problem came back again.

I downgrade to Android 4.0.4, tried fix apps like "FIX MY WIFI" it says (cannot enable the Wifi -unknown issue), also download the patch file " wpa_supplicant" and changed the wifi setting for standby policy to (allways on), all these steps did not really helped or fixed this problem.
XDA and google didnt really gave me the good answer and there are many android tablets with similer problem.

I hope someone knows about this problem and could share the solution

Last edited:

btux81

Jul 10, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
GT-i9250
Nexus 7
I just received two Galaxy Tab 2 (P3113) tablets and I am experiencing a similar sounding issue as you. I personally own one already so I am able to check on certain parameters to see where exactly it is failing. What I have found is this:

On my good working GTab I can see my WiFi mac address even when it's turned off (the WiFi mac address is 1 digit higher than BT). On the two I recently received both display the mac address as "Unavailable". Can you check yours to see if you even have a mac address? Goto settings, about tablet, status or under WiFi goto advanced and see if it is displayed.

Once upon a time I had a Sprint Galaxy Nexus and I had an issue with randomizing mac address on reboot. I was able to pull a partition called param, Hex edit it so it could retain the real mac address and then flashed it back. This hardware is slightly different and I am not expert on how to do this but maybe someone on here will have an idea on how to do this.

There's always the possibility that the WiFi chip is just dead. I'm gonna keep looking for a solution and if I find one I'll pass it on to you.

Hey,

I have a problem after updating my (tab 2 Wifi-3G 10.1) to Android 4.2.1. the tablet was working so well while and after updating, but after that I wake up and I had anoyning problem. the problem is when I click on the setting and try to turn on the wifi it shows only (turning wifi on...) and nothing happening. it feels like the wifi cannot start or establish the connenction, therefore no available wifi routers or Hotspots can be listed.
What happened the last two days, I tried to check if the tablet will work again after 2 weeks no charge and drain all the battery, SO IT REALLY WORKED BUT ONLY FOR 5 MIN and the problem came back again.

I downgrade to Android 4.0.4, tried fix apps like "FIX MY WIFI" it says (cannot enable the Wifi -unknown issue), also download the patch file " wpa_supplicant" and changed the wifi setting for standby policy to (allways on), all these steps did not really helped or fixed this problem.
XDA and google didnt really gave me the good answer and there are many android tablets with similer problem.

I hope someone knows about this problem and could share the solution

aliwawi

Feb 17, 2008
I just received two Galaxy Tab 2 (P3113) tablets and I am experiencing a similar sounding issue as you. I personally own one already so I am able to check on certain parameters to see where exactly it is failing. What I have found is this:

On my good working GTab I can see my WiFi mac address even when it's turned off (the WiFi mac address is 1 digit higher than BT). On the two I recently received both display the mac address as "Unavailable". Can you check yours to see if you even have a mac address? Goto settings, about tablet, status or under WiFi goto advanced and see if it is displayed.

Once upon a time I had a Sprint Galaxy Nexus and I had an issue with randomizing mac address on reboot. I was able to pull a partition called param, Hex edit it so it could retain the real mac address and then flashed it back. This hardware is slightly different and I am not expert on how to do this but maybe someone on here will have an idea on how to do this.

There's always the possibility that the WiFi chip is just dead. I'm gonna keep looking for a solution and if I find one I'll pass it on to you.

Thanx alot for your replay, My tablet has WIFI MAC address ends by "EB" and Bluetooth MAC Address ends with"EA" .....

amplifyd

Jan 20, 2014
Baguio City
Install cwm recovery then try to wipe cache and dalvik cache, after that download latest firmware from sammobile.com then flash it via odin. :)