[Q] Rezound ROM for media use only?

Search This thread

ecetim

Feb 28, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Hey all - so I have an old Rezound and rather than scrap it, I thought I'd turn it into a general media device. Connect to PS3 YouTube app (Chromecast incoming), stream to stereo, etc etc.

I know there are some great general purpose ROMs out there. Does anyone know of any that strip out mobile network capability to slim things down and keep it running smoother w/longer battery?

It may be a moot point, but I thought I'd ask regardless. Thanks in advance!

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Hey all - so I have an old Rezound and rather than scrap it, I thought I'd turn it into a general media device. Connect to PS3 YouTube app (Chromecast incoming), stream to stereo, etc etc.

I know there are some great general purpose ROMs out there. Does anyone know of any that strip out mobile network capability to slim things down and keep it running smoother w/longer battery?

It may be a moot point, but I thought I'd ask regardless. Thanks in advance!

Do you want AOSP with Kitkat/JB or Sense 3/4/5? If you want AOSP I would recommend Everolv, PAC, CM, Plain Andy is Great completely stripped down etc. When I run AOSP I like to run ART. Seems "smoother" to me.

If you want Sense 4 or something I would say hawknests sense 4 ecliptirez I think it is?

Just all depends on what you're looking for AOSP or Snese. As for stripping mobile capability just turn on airplane mode and turn on WiFi.