Optimus Nexus LG-E960

Search This thread

TSellers

Jul 31, 2009
What kind of material is the back made out of? It almost looks like it could be glass with the patterned back recessed a bit into the glass. Its most likely plastic, but if it is that is some super glossy plastic.

dwielunski

Dec 11, 2010
Is that a non-sparkly version? That would be nice.

I also want to know if the front glass is curved (concave) like the Galaxy Nexus, or is it totally flat.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Jul 10, 2012
Could you please tell us how large that display is in inches, or compare it to the Galaxy Note? I've really been crossing my fingers for a five-incher, but others have said around 4.75...care to set the record straight? And, thanks again for answering our questions! :)

Last edited:

tsekh501

Aug 14, 2009
LTE? Is there a RGB notification light at the bottom like the Galaxy Nexus?

Some sites say that the FCC report of this phone shows compatibility with AT&T 3G bands, but doesn't seem to support AT&T LTE. It would be weird to have a flagship device without LTE support in late 2012.

MR.GQ

Aug 12, 2012
How's the feel of the Phone? Cheap? Also....notice anything different on Android itself? True IPS like the Optimus G?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
Gorilla glass ?

Does it have gorilla glass or similar or is it similar to the last year nexus where hte screen scratches ultra-easy ?

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Could you please tell us how large that display is in inches, or compare it to the Galaxy Note? I've really been crossing my fingers for a five-incher, but others have said around 4.75...care to set the record straight? And, thanks again for answering our questions! :)

with his resolution and DPI numbers, it pegs the screen at ~4.7 inches.

Some sites say that the FCC report of this phone shows compatibility with AT&T 3G bands, but doesn't seem to support AT&T LTE. It would be weird to have a flagship device without LTE support in late 2012.

The FCC report only shows compatibility with AT&T's (850MHz & 1900MHz) and T-Mobile's (1700/2100MHz AWS) HSPA+ networks. It has no LTE radio.

Because the FCC report is for the US only, it doesn't have to test/disclose the bands not in use in the US. It's likely pentaband so it has 900MHz and 2100MHz (like the GNex) for Europe as well.

Why no mention of NFC?

NFC is listed officially in the FCC listing.

Last edited:
Reactions: peadarog

tsekh501

Aug 14, 2009
with his resolution and DPI numbers, it pegs the screen at ~4.7 inches.

The FCC report only shows compatibility with AT&T's (850MHz & 1900MHz) and T-Mobile's (1700/2100MHz AWS) HSPA+ networks. It has no LTE radio.

Because the FCC report is for the US only, it doesn't have to test/disclose the bands not in use in the US. It's likely pentaband so it has 900MHz and 2100MHz (like the GNex) for Europe as well.

NFC is listed officially in the FCC listing.

I hope the reason why the FCC report shows no LTE is because this is the version of the phone intended for non-US markets. If the US GSM one doesn't have LTE, that would be super disappointing,

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
But does it have removable battery?

No.

I hope the reason why the FCC report shows no LTE is because this is the version of the phone intended for non-US markets. If the US GSM one doesn't have LTE, that would be super disappointing,

If it weren't coming to the US, it probably wouldn't be put through the FCC and be tested on 850, 1900, 1700/2100 (AWS) frequencies.

The Lg Optimus G has LTE in the U.S. for Sprint and AT&T so the S4 Pro supports it, no reason this shouldn't have it.

If Google doesn't wanna deal with building specific devices for carriers, then it won't have LTE. They can't support everyone on one device and include LTE. The Optimus G variants are coming to carriers with LTE, this Nexus doesn't have to. Want an Optimus G w/ LTE in the US, you can have that.

Last edited:

Drzfr3shboialex

May 9, 2010
Make a video! :D. Foes it have notification led?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Also does it support tmo 4g 42mbps/21?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

funkyblue04

Dec 15, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
No.

If it weren't coming to the US, it probably wouldn't be put through the FCC and be tested on 850, 1900, 1700/2100 (AWS) frequencies.

If Google doesn't wanna deal with building specific devices for carriers, then it won't have LTE. They can't support everyone on one device and include LTE. The Optimus G variants are coming to carriers with LTE, this Nexus doesn't have to. Want an Optimus G w/ LTE in the US, you can have that.

Looks like the rumours of a crippled device are about to be unleashed. No SD Slot and only 16gb again and no removable battery. Why is 32gb so HARD for Google ona phone? #$%#$%#$@ Google!

Last edited:
Reactions: zymo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got prototype of this devices! I can answer any questions about it and give interesting info for you!
    IMG_20121010_005707.jpg

IMG_20121010_005354.jpg

UPD: Sorry for long silence. Probably you can read a professional review soon. Or I will update this topic with answers to your questions, wait a little.

UPD2: Full professional review of this device will be ready tomorrow. Preview here: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/11/lg-google-nexus-3

UPD3: 360-degrees photos and some pics from its camera: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/11/google-nexus-4

UPD4: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/12/lg-nexus-4-review

PS. If you have something to discuss about this device - write me PM.

PPS. And yes, it has LED indicator))))
    What is the specs??? Thnks

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

CPU: core quad ARMv7 1.5GHz
    RAM: 2 GB
    Memory: 8GB (and I haven't found SD slot)
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Android version: JellyBeanMR1
    Kernel 3.4.0
    Screen: 768x1184 (320 dpi)
    Camera: 8 MPx
    I can't believe the silly negativity towards this device here and the various android blogs. The device shown is still a prototype, and as such, was not meant to be seen by the general public. Stop drawing conclusions and vilifying what will theoretically be the best android device out on pure specs alone. You do realize that this is the first time since the Nexus One that a nexus device has had absolutely top of the line specs running pure Android, right? Isn't that quintessentially what the nexus program is about? Quit whining about SD card slots when you know the exact reason Google is moving away from them since 2010, for god sakes. Need more storage? Go buy another android phone, there are some excellent choices like the Optimus G, the GSIII, RAZR HD Maxx, and the OneX+, all from different manufacturers who bring their own sensibilities. But, be prepared to pay upwards of $550 for them if you want it unlocked, unlike buying straight from Google. Seriously, how do you ignore the fact that it has a Quad Core S4 Pro (the fastest SoC currently made available to OEMs), 2GB of RAM, and a 4.7in IPS LCD (non-pentile) display? And if the Optimus G serves as inspiration, we will see a 2100mAh battery as well. At least wait till the official announcement before forming an opinion on something, and take everything you have seen so far with a grain of salt.
    CPU: core quad ARMv7 1.5GHz
    RAM: 2 GB
    Memory: 8GB (and I haven't found SD slot)
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Android version: JellyBeanMR1
    Kernel 3.4.0
    Screen: 768x1184 (320 dpi)
    Camera: 8 MPx

8GB! I hope this is only for the prototype. If Google launch with an 8GB option with no expandable storage it will be way too small. They can shove the cloud up their ass.

I know there will be a 16GB model too, but they really need a 32GB option as well. Cloud storage is still in its infancy, and not everyone has access to LTE yet.
    Can you please post a general video of the hardware and software onboard.

Thanks.

Yeah a video would be great. 720p please :)

Ok, I'll try to make it tomorrow. It's 2:14 am now and i'm going to sleep=)