[Q] MHL and screen mirroring

Search This thread

madhukarmohan

Nov 12, 2013
Mysore
Hi, We all know that Xperia SP has screen mirroring feature and we can connect using MHL. It works fine on SONY Bravia TVs. My home has a full HD ONIDA LCD TV. It has 2 HDMI ports. If I connect, my phone to this TV using MHL to HDMI adapter, can I see phone screen on the TV? Give some more points about screen mirroring and MHL features of SONY phones with TVs other than SONY.

Reactions: shwethasaxena

smogf

Feb 17, 2011
Slubice
Hi, We all know that Xperia SP has screen mirroring feature and we can connect using MHL. It works fine on SONY Bravia TVs. My home has a full HD ONIDA LCD TV. It has 2 HDMI ports. If I connect, my phone to this TV using MHL to HDMI adapter, can I see phone screen on the TV? Give some more points about screen mirroring and MHL features of SONY phones with TVs other than SONY.

I have used MHL "TV Out" with MHL to HDMI adapter with Sharp and Samsung TV.
MHL it's not Screen Mirroring. Its two others features. First use MHL Adapter to send signal to TV. Second one. Use NO CABLE (wifi?) connection to display screen on other SONY devices (which support it).

No progblem with MHL at all, but....
First - My MHL adapter needs a little more power than standard SPs charger. With standard charger from SP my phone disconnects sometimes. Recconections after about 10 sec. With another charger (1A/5,1V) works perfect. Airplane mode on and I can play GTA:SA for hours :)

Second - phone charge veeeeery slow when connected to TV. About 5%/h :S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have used MHL "TV Out" with MHL to HDMI adapter with Sharp and Samsung TV.
    MHL it's not Screen Mirroring. Its two others features. First use MHL Adapter to send signal to TV. Second one. Use NO CABLE (wifi?) connection to display screen on other SONY devices (which support it).

No progblem with MHL at all, but....
    First - My MHL adapter needs a little more power than standard SPs charger. With standard charger from SP my phone disconnects sometimes. Recconections after about 10 sec. With another charger (1A/5,1V) works perfect. Airplane mode on and I can play GTA:SA for hours :)

Second - phone charge veeeeery slow when connected to TV. About 5%/h :S