The point of an SD card ?

Search This thread

420haxr

Dec 19, 2011
I bought an SD card a couple weeks ago and its pretty much useless since everything I download always goes into my internal storage. Maybe I am doing something wrong here? So what's the point of having one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
I bought an SD card a couple weeks ago and its pretty much useless since everything I download always goes into my internal storage. Maybe I am doing something wrong here? So what's the point of having one

Picture, videos, music and transfer some apps.

Excessiveidling

Jul 14, 2010
Go into your camera settings and tell it to save to SD card and free up some of your phones space

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Yet none of those things actually download to my SD card. My SD card has like 9 gigs free space and internal only has 500mb left .

Copy the folders from internal card to extsd...

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

The specific media folders..then delete the contents on internal memory....

Reactions: 420haxr

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Or use something like ES File Explorer File Manager from the Play Store or am alternative browser like Dolphin. ES has a downloader that is one of the choices when downloading a file from the web. In the ES settings you can set its default download location to the external card. Dolphin lets you pick the download location at each download. The TouchWiz camera and some others let you specify where to store photos.

Also, Titanium backup and other backup apps let you back up to the external card.

And most important of all, especially if you are crack flashing TouchWiz ROMs, keep your TWRP or CWM backups on the external card. They can be 2 GB+ each if you don't use compression, and not much better if you do. I have a 16 GB Nexus 7 and its a constant battle with backup space. I usually keep one solid reference backup and my latest only. I would love to be able to throw a 64GB card in it.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Also you can use Folder Mount app to move pretty much whatever you want to you're external SD card

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

Best thing for you to do is educate yourself. ...As the extsd card is invaluable and something many other phone manufacturers don't even offer any more..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yet none of those things actually download to my SD card. My SD card has like 9 gigs free space and internal only has 500mb left .

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

The specific media folders..then delete the contents on internal memory....